1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

more mods

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by Polyarny, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Polyarny

Polyarny Regular member

basically we have four mods that are here most of the time, creaky, darth, neph, and ddp. they are good, hard working mods, but they cant even come close to controling all of the idiots around here. too people are leaving because of the little prats. im sure that this topic has a few other threads, but im makeing this one for another reason too. i think addicts should have some sort of limited modding abilities. like maybe being able to temp ban people that are being idiots. also they should maybe have the ability to close a thread temporarily until the regular mods can come and check things out, then the mods can decide if the thread is reopened, or if its closed. this would take alot of presure off of the mods we do have. but something needs to be done before afterdawn is nothing more than sniveling kids waging war agaisnt each other ove the stupidest things. and in my opinion its already pretty close. we have a few good posters, but most of them are leaving because of the sniveling little kids. and the console forums should be deleted completely, cause thats were most of the problem is, there are only a handfull of good people in there, the rest are idiots. im sure this will get me in some kind of flame war with one of them, but i honestly dont care. people need to learn to grow the h$ll up and stop being so freaking immature. well there is my rant/suggestion. im considering leaving too, even though i dont post much, i understand why everyone is leaving and dont blame them. i hate seeing all of our good members attacked by complete and utter morons.

*edit* oops just noticed that i posted this in the all other topics forum instead of feedback and suggestions... aww f@#k it, it dont matter.

*edit again* thanks ddp

Last edited: Aug 13, 2006
  2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum

3. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

You are right.(about the prats and such).
    I have and will continue to defend whats right on here,
    As well as report anything I feel that is in err.
    Its how you handle the little twirps though
    by keeping your composure and not letting them win, but still
    not backing down on your laurels either.

There were some occasions a while ago where even I got
    out of hand and didnt handly myself correctly.
    Luckily I took some time off and reflected and I have been
    back with a purpose and a better general attitude,

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/378625/2279734

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

coming off my sabbatical for one post to show my support. i think some kind of thread time-out and temporary banning ability for the addicts would be spectacular, as well as the addition of more mods that can spend more time on AD.

said my bit. i'm gone again now.

*edit*
    and jizmak: thank you very much for your support and friendship here on AD. i'm taking time to consider the advice of yourself and others.

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

the way i see it is this; as annoying as all the little pointless twerps are, they're exactly that - pointless. For you legitimate posters it can be very annoying as the little amoebas do always seem to be winning and driving people away; however i never understand why you lot let them beat you, just take a short break, the rest of us will hold the fort and maybe then take short breaks ourselves (even i had to take a break recently, though mainly as i'm way too busy in my limited free time). My point is any of us can step away for a while (less so us mods as if we all step away too long all hell breaks loose) but if too many good posters leave then there's just pointless idiots and mods, with not enough 'meat' in between providing help for the nubs and as a buffer for us mods.

Remember no-one makes you post other than yourselves, there's no chains keeping you from doing something else for a while (it took me a year of spending about 6 hours a night in here before i realised i needed to come up for air, and the world was still out there where i had left it)

:)

6. boxwrench

boxwrench Guest

The way I see it the only way to rid this sight of the problem children is to remove the only thing that attracts them...the console forums! We have lost way too many members in the last 8 months...it is getting out of hand.If something is not done soon there will be nothing left but the ruins!

They come here for the console forums and spill out onto every other sector of the sight bringing with them the garbage that they spew at each other...Really now...what Do they have to offer us but problems?

Just my nickles worth.

7. rav009

rav009 Active member

Three active mods watching a site this size? a bit silly, aye.

They are doing a great job, everything is under control, I'm pretty sure some of the AfterDawn Addicts on this site fit the criteria for mod if help is needed.

Just look at this spam:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/45

:(

8. creaky

nice catch rav, he/she/it has gone

9. rav009

rav009 Active member

Nicely done Creaks, your fast! :)

10. creaky

can't take all the credit, once i'd opened 'em all, most were already hidden so i suspect he of 'lightning bolts from fingers and keyboard' got to most before me :)

11. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Hey, Just my note to say thx to Creaky who sorted that <insert appropriate word ;)>

He doesn't hang around :)

12. creaky

yup, they'd better be able to run fast.

13. rav009

rav009 Active member

The nicks of the spammers were too009 and ask005, I know what it looks like but it wasn't me! :p

One of the many reasons why I hate my user name...I'll get an imagination one day, the same day I set up mandriva :)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2006
  14. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Lol, Imagination - what's that?

And just a note - why does your sig say rev not rav? I'm confused lol

It may be 2.30 pm in the Uk but it's still too early ;)

15. creaky

'fraid like most things useful, my firm has IRC banned in the workplace. All my afterdawn email replies bypass my Inbox, however if anyone needs me to press the ban button and/or the 'dry humour with short putdown phrase' button i get my PM's straight away in my inbox.

oh and rav, get that Mandriva box built, or i post you a Windows 'Me' cd complete with licence key, and i'll tell all of Afterdawn and the IRC channel (oh i just did, silly me LOL) :p

Last edited: Aug 14, 2006
  16. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Hey creaky,

Huh I pm ddp and Neph about the spam and who's first on the case ;)

I know who to turn to next time :p - not that ddp and neph aren't class acts eh?

17. creaky

i'm in UK and it's my daytime you see...

18. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Oh cool, me too I'm Uk! But it is only like 9am in USA lol

Huh ;)

lol

19. creaky

didn't check if it was USA time as i'm busy as work, just snatching time for the odd AD post when i can

20. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Everyone's snatching for the odd Ad post when they can ;)

Like moi - lol jkes :D