1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Region Identifier

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by JackSkele, Aug 17, 2006.

1. JackSkele

JackSkele Member

OK, so I know DVD Decrypter has an IFO region information tool built into it, but this gives me the region information based on the movie itself. For example, if I have a vob/ifo/bup set of a movie and I use DVD Decrypter's IFO information it tells me it is Region x.

What I need is a piece of software that tells me what actual region the DVD is, such as PAL or NTSC.

I need to know what region the original disc was ripped form.

I assume since DVD Decrypter has a region-free patch I am not going to be able to do this, since the ones I have tried all come up as Region - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.

Does anyone know of a piece of software I can use to get the region information without:

Making the ISO
    Loading it into a virtual drive or burning it to a DVD
    Using DVD Decrypter in File Mode to find the TV System and Resolution information

I have an image to show what DVD Decrypter can do, I need software that can do it for IFO files.

[​IMG]

2. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

3. JackSkele

JackSkele Member

Thanks for the link.

It does provide a lot of information, but only works on the actual Discs. I rather like this program and will keep it due to the fact that it can identify quite a bit of information.

I am surprised to see that it does not support Alcohol 120% virtual disks, only ATAPI (physical) drives work.

Thanks again, but I need something that works on the IFO/BUP/VOB files themselves, not the finished product.

4. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

I dont know if this program does but you can try a program voblanker. It mayb able to do it.

5. JackSkele

JackSkele Member

Thanks again Borhan. This time I found exactly what I needed.

I am not sure if VobBlanker can do it or not, but a different tool that was linked from that same website, PGC Editor, works perfectly.

I load my vobs into PGC Edit, double click TITLE 1 (or any other), this gives me some information at the top: like fps. 29.97 (30) means NTSC, and 25 fps means PAL.

I can also go to the Streams Attributes which tells me the Video Stream is NTSC (720x480) and MPEG-2 VBR.

Excellent program!

Cheers!

6. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Thats great mate.

If the program is not on the aD software database why don't you submit it for others to use.

Heres a link to how you can submit a program.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/submit.cfm

Thanxs for the info and good luck for the future.

7. JackSkele

JackSkele Member