1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

activex controls

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by dougal79, Aug 18, 2006.

1. dougal79

dougal79 Regular member

i have a few questions. does anyone know ho to activate activex controls? every time i try to install an activex control or plugin from www.systemrequirementslab.com it says firefox is searching for plug ins. i have installed the plugin before, and was able to go to something that had a list of things and activex controls was about halfway down. it said enable, disable, & prompt, but i cant find it now. does anyone know how yo enable it so i can install plugins etc?? do i need java runtime enviroment? also, my internet connection hasnt been right since i installed windows again. does anyone know how to set up an internet connection with telewest broadband? i dint know what to set everything to, do i use a proxy etc? any help is appreciated. thanks P.S i only seem to be able to connect to about 5 sites. here, google, systemrequirementslab.com & download.com.. however if i type something into google, it takes forever for the page to load up.. if ever. cheers

2. He_Man

He_Man Regular member

try using internet explorer to install activex