1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD DVD player wont play burnt dvds?

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by tinboski, Aug 21, 2006.

1. tinboski

tinboski Member

Hi I have the rcs hdv5000 and when i try to play any of my dvd+rs it says unsupported disc format even though it says it will play dvd+rs any ideas guys?

2. dblbogey7

dblbogey7 Guest

The RCA HDV5000 is practically a clone of the Toshiba HD-A1 - same specs with slight cosmetic changes in front, and same price. With my HD-A1 I haven't had any problems playing backups when I use DVD Decrypter, ImgBurn and AnyDVD both for DVD+R and DVD+R DL. I also have no problems playing home movies on DVD+R authored and burned with Pinnacle Studio 9 or 10. Maybe if you tell us how you burn your DVD's we can give you some suggestions? Also check eatsushi's posts here:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/378819

3. tinboski

tinboski Member

Sure.. Im using dvdxcopy to rip and burn onto memorex dvd+rs using any dvd as well. My sony upconversion player played em flawlessly but for some odd reason the rca hd player just wont recognize the disks as a supported format and im out of hdmi inputs on my tv so i cant have both players connected :( what a bummer.

4. dblbogey7

dblbogey7 Guest

5. b18bek9

b18bek9 Regular member

remember one thing memorex is the devil of blank media...stick with some good blank media like Verbatim or sony an so on....