1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

omg omg omg, look look look

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by 21Q, Aug 22, 2006.

1. 21Q

21Q Regular member

For those who know, I found a G4 and a G3 in the trash

WELL, I JUST FOUND AN IMAC THERE THIS VERY NIGHT

i booting it up as I type.

2. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

Are you sure its trash.......Because why would anybody throw away 2 MACs and why would you go searching through other people's trash....Thats just wierd.

3. ireland

ireland Active member

its 100% possible he found what he said...

i found a brand new puter in a garbage dumpster..a couple months ago..
    its a hp xp-pro 3.2 gb dual core.. a new monitor and key-board was there..no mouse..

i was driving past that dumpster and seen a key-boad hanging out..
    so i stopped,looked and removed it all to me car..

it could not have 10 hours on it..

and here it is....pix taken 2 months ago..

its now upgraded and finished..it now has 4g ram a liteon 1693 16x burner and a liteon 166 16x dvd rom..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  4. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

5. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

@Ireland

Yah I saw that. I think it is on the first page on the bitch thread. It's not like I don't believe him...I do, I am just wondering why some one would throw out 2 mac computers. Seems kind of odd.

6. 21Q

21Q Regular member

well it's coming from a school garbage

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

could be that some idiot thieving kid hid them in the trash to steal them later, or the school is actually chucking them out (didn't think you could just dump computers in the bin what with all the new laws on hazardous waste)

8. caffeine_

caffeine_ Guest

Yeah you can, my school does it all the time. Except the computers and monitors are of no use because of their age. You'd be lucky to find a decent Pentium with windows 95 or even worse Windows 3.1. No macs here, only old outdated windows boxes. I wouldnt take any of them if someone paid me. The school system just bought new Pentium 4 dells for the teachers about 2 years ago so they through out all of the crappy computers that the teachers had to deal with around that time. A friend of mine actually came back at night and took a few, and I was just like WTF! Dude those are not even worth taking! You probably couldn't even ebay this crap....

9. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

LOL nice find 21Q

I believe it, every word.Alot of people think there stuff is broke and don't know much about it so because it's a year or so old they just chuck it.Many times the problem is sooooo simple to fix that it will make you laugh your head off.This is especially with things like pc's which many older people are illiterate about.

My dad was driving down the road not but a few months ago and he saw a big case in packaging he stopped and checked it out and it was a $200 cordless drill set, brand new,it had so many accessories it was ridiculous,the case is huge!!!!like 3 feet long and 1 foot wide.

He says it may have fell out of a product crate truck.It happens all the time around here too, my mother was taking her usual walk when she found a half oz. bag of primo pot LOL.

10. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

@ Creaky : Nah m8, throwing pc's out in the trash is legal, just the monitors they will complain about sometimes...
    I regularly go and do some corporate dumpster diving, and i've made a bit of money selling refurbished pc's i got from dumpsters...
    Usually there's a few loose wires here and there, or a faulty harddrive,
    sometimes it's the power supply, W/E, almost always a simple fix.

11. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

I am sooooo p***ed. the other day I walked past a pc that was in a dumpster and I left the damn thing.

12. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

Hehe, I have the urge to go..... shopping all of a sudden.

13. 21Q

21Q Regular member

Well so farr, I have not found any problem with the computers, the IMac has a small scratch at the top but that it. The ram and hd's are a bit small but I got plenty of extra ram laying around. Some 80gb from ebay and a family pack or two of mac osx 10.4.6 and I can have my own Mac computer lab by the end of the year. Plus, I ain't diving, the computers are just in plain site, so hey, why not take a few.

14. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@The_Fiend, cool. our firm mass clears out old call centre pc's now and then, they auction them off at virtually nothing to us staff, but last time they had a room full left over but can't just dump them so they have to pay companies to take them away 'correctly'. a damn shame but i've got enough pc's anyway, plus there's always the next swathe of call centre pc's to auction off :p

15. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

It doesn't suprise me that people are throwing Macs in the trash, they're blooming awful! :)

16. caffeine_

caffeine_ Guest

I personally like both mac and pc (and own both) and agree that both have their strengths and weaknesses....

Any way if you didn't like them you could always sell them..

17. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

It was a bit of a joke, ;-)

Macs are overpriced, however I've nothing against them.

18. djscoop

djscoop Active member

perhaps they threw them away to buy REAL computers....

19. 21Q

21Q Regular member

Well, My computer geek knowladge is limited to pc, so I want to expand my knowladge.

and I FOUND ANOTHER IMAC!!!!

20. caffeine_

caffeine_ Guest

By the way are they the ones with the LCD screen or the ones with the CRT screen?