1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RealAudio / RealVideo VBR conversion

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by ur2slow28, Aug 23, 2006.

1. ur2slow28

ur2slow28 Member

hey everyone,

just discovered afterdawn after i saw how cool this site really is.

i wanted to know if anyone knows how to convert RealAudio / RealVideo VBR into a format, like mpeg, that can be burned onto a dvd and played back on a regular dvd player in the car or at home???
    it's okay if i have to convert first then edit files with a movie making software for playback.
    btw, anyone know any good movie editing software for the issue that i have just asked about too????

any help from anyone in this online community will be greatly appreciated for this newbie thats trying to learn more stuff.

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Try e.g. DVDSanta or WinAvi. They both work with .rm and .rmvb.

3. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Only via Gabest's real media splitter though right? Same goes for any other app that can take input via dshow.

4. ur2slow28

ur2slow28 Member

thanks for the answers scf_au. i really appreciate your advice.

i'll try both and see what happens. does anyone in the online community know if there is a tutorial on how to use either DVDSanta or WinAvi? it would be nice if there was a walk-through on how to use them. ;)

oh btw, celtic_d, this may sound crazy, but what's "Gabest's real media splitter"? and how does that relate with "dshow"? i really don't understand.

5. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Gabest wrote a directshow filter that can parse rm/rmvb files and is also a dshow wrapper for real's decoders. Basically it allows any app or player that uses dshow to playback/convert rm/rmvb files. Most of the time you would also need Real player or at least its codecs installed.

What I was saying is the fact that something like WinAVI can convert rm files has nothing to do with winavi if it is relying on Gabest's filter.

6. ur2slow28

ur2slow28 Member

celtic_d, thanks for your explanation. i understand now what you were saying. i'll look into the directshow filter and associated codecs. hopefully i can complete the task that i was trying to do with this thread.

once again, thanks for your assistance.