1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Showtime 3

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by silly, Aug 29, 2006.

1. silly

silly Member

Hello!

Everytime I play a DVD Nero Showtime 3 gives me this error:

"Internal error. Cannot build graph. The application may be installed incorrectly"

What can I do to fix this?

I run on Win2000 Pro.

Thanks.

2. silly

silly Member

Hello again,

I've searched for the solution to this on the forums and tried it out but the program still gives me the same error.

I've gone through diagnostic programs, cleaning programs, manually edited my registry to get rid of some poisonous software that might be messing up Nero. I've used Nero VIP service many times but they seem to take forever to reply and never give me the solution I need to fix this.

I've rebooted my computer atleast 10 times today and more yesterday in the hours I've spent trying to fix this.

One thing I have not tried to do yet is uninstall and re-install all of Nero 7 Ultra Edition which would a pain in the ass. But before I do that does anyone know what I can do?

3. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

I have never seen that error message, and it sounds a little funny, but I don't run Win 2000.

All I might suggest would be to change the DVD navigator to the Microsoft one to see if it helps. It is under configuration - DVD General-Booksmarks, top of the window in the drop down box.

4. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

5. uny529

uny529 Member

I've seen that error message before after I've disabled the Nero filters to solve audio sync problems. Solved it by enabling them again. Try this:

Enable those Nero filters:

Start > Run > regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeAudio.ax

Start > Run > regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeVideo.ax

6. silly

silly Member

When I entered RegSvr32 in the Run box here is what I got in an error pop-up:

No DLL name specified

Usage: regsvr32 [/u] [/s] [/n] [/i[:cmdline]] dllname
    /u- Unregistered server
    /s- Silent; display no message boxes
    /i- Call DllInstall passing it at optional [cmdline]; when used with /u calls dll uninstall
    /n- do not call DllRegisterServer; this option must be used with
    /i
    _ _
    O_O

7. uny529

uny529 Member

You have to type the entire line in the run box:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeAudio.ax

press enter, then

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeVideo.ax

press enter again.

You should get a dialog box each time telling you that registration was successful.

8. silly

silly Member

I did what you suggested and I still get the same error everytime I play a DVD.

9. firestick

firestick Member

I am running Nero Showtime 2 on Win2000 Pro and am having the same problem. I have followed the advice you have been giving so far but to no avail.

10. cukigabor

cukigabor Member

Thank you, uny529, you solved my problem! I had the same problem, and then I registered the filters again, and it's work :D. I don't think that I had disabled them, but i'm not sure...

11. Nosredneh

Nosredneh Member

I was having the problem and felt it was with my Video card. The re-registering of the Nero filters did the trick and now I can watch the movie I wanted in Showtime. My Video card was not at fault. I am using the latest version of Showtime and Nero. It could be that the solution applies to XP even though 2K is similar.

Thanks

12. Hilal

Hilal Member

If

Start > Run > regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeVideo.ax

Didnt work then manually go into the folder that contains the Nevideo.ax file and see how it's named. mine worked after i changed the above line to this:

Start > Run > regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeVideo2.ax

Anyone know why?

13. nekocj

nekocj Guest

I am having the same issue. I had replaced those two files with two that someone else gave me to fix an audio sync issue I was having with avi files and although it fixed my sync issues, I can no longer play DVDs. Instead I get the same internal error.

-CJ

14. dma52691

dma52691 Member

hi, i have a tv tuner. how do i use it in nero showtime 3?