1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Experiencing Difficulty Using DVD RB and CCE? If So, Then Ask Your Questions Here.

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Sophocles, Jul 26, 2004.

1. bigorange

bigorange Active member

At less than .50 each it's not the cost I mind for sure, it's the time! Altho for the most part I do thoroughly enjoy doing this kind of work, too bad I can't get paid for it. lol...;>)

sooo, spamlover, are you saying you experienced no audio/video skips using v.62 just using RB/CCE without editing?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][bold]GO VOLS![/bold].Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,1024MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2004
  2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Too much to comment on but I glad to see everyone still slugging it out. I know its not news that I too think that Decrypter is the best and I've experimented with the agressive settings as recently as the Ned Kelly annoyance. I also use shrink for a little rip and editing and to get an idea of the DVD's structure to see if it's a job for Remake. I experienced a problem with RB 62. it had been so long since I've any problem with RB that I looked at it for a moment stunned. I then quickly shot a basket into the kitchen trash, went to doom9 downloaded the latest version, and never looked back.

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

soph, did you do any editing with your v.62 or just a straight run with RB/CCE? I may be shooting 6 baskets.:>(

4. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

spamlover...there are a lot of variables. IF it played in Shrink OK, then you should be looking at your burner, a firmware update, and whether your standalone player likes -R or +R media.

As an additional note, I prefer Nero because it offers a burn log, and you can also run a check after the burn. I think I'm into a stack of poor media, and this is useful.

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

What media are you using Doc, and where did you get it, you might want to report it in vurbal's new bad media thread.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/114809

BTW, one of the posts show why one should always buy "BRANDED" media.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][bold]GO VOLS![/bold].Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,1024MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

6. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

'Didn't know vurbal had started a media thread. ZI'll look for it. The media is branded Ridata +R inkjet white. I just finished a 50 pk of -R without a problem.

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

bigo

No I didn't do any editing of any kind just the full movie (A Long Came A Spider). When a film is under 7 gigs I see no point in editing it unless its loaded with unwanted trailers. I expereinced another problem with Peter Gabriels Secret World Live and I'm still getting the same problem with RB 63a. Everything encodes fine up to the menu but when the concert starts the entire picture turns into horizontal lines. I reviewed my settings which were fine for the last 100 plus movies and then ripped it over and tried it again with the same results. It'll give me somthing to work on.

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

[bold]still getting the same problem with RB 63a[/bold]

do you mean 62a or am i that far behind?

I may just go back to v.58, never had a problem with it,heh heh.

BTW, thanx for the input, I'm scared to death I'm gonna have to do all 6 over, dang!!! :>(

9. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Sophocles... ...I'm wondering what another transcoder would do? How about doing a 20 minute test...and run it through DVD2One using a rewritable?

10. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Doc

I ran both movies through DVDcop2 and they both work fine. I think that there was a structure flaw in the spider movie but there's somthing else going on with Gabriels. When I did Peter Gabriel I also did 2 others using batch processing and the other two came out just fine. I ran it through IFoEdit to see if it would give me a clue but nothing that would exlain it so far so I'm still looking.

11. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Interesting. I have a suggestion if you want to play with it a bit. Go to 3 step mode, and run the Step 2 files through different past versions of RB, like .58, which was fairly stable.

12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I already have .58 setup if you know what I mean. I'll give it a try tonight and report back tomorrow but first I'm going to load it in DVDremake and check out its structure, Ifoedit didn't reveal anything.

13. jdobbs

jdobbs Regular member

v0.63a is the most stable version.

14. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

jdobbs

I don't think that my problem was the result of RB in particular I think that it's a compatibility issue. The files that I ran through twice had been ripped with DVD Shrink, I'll try it again tonight ripped with Decrypter.

15. spamlover

spamlover Member

YES! Just used Decrypter and then encoded via DVD-RB .62.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Time flies like an arrow...fruit flies like a banana![/small]

16. spamlover

spamlover Member

Update... I just burned Red Dragon using the same (as stated above) movie only files created by DVD-Shrink. I defragged my hard drive, moved all movie files to my "C" drive, used DVD-RB .63a, and burned the resulting files with Pinnacle Instant Copy 8. I'm happy to say that worked like a charm.

Only one problem: I altered so many variables, that i'm not sure which one accounted for the skips...doh!! I'm now burning the same Shrink/DVD-RB .63a files from above with CloneDVD 2 just to see if the CloneDVD 2 program was the problem. I'll keep you guys posted!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2004
  17. spamlover

spamlover Member

I just burned Red Dragon with CloneDVD 2 after using Shrink (main movie) and then DVD-RB 63a.

There was a slight audio skip when the studio logo appeared on the screen before the movie started. No skips anywhere else in the movie, but that just bugs the heck out of me so I used the disc as a frisbee and tossed it.

Could we conclude that perhaps CloneDVD2 is somewhat incompatible with burning DVD-RB files after Shrink has pre-processed them? Could we also conclude that RB .63a is much more stable?

Granted, when I used RB .62 with CloneDVD2, the results were horrible. With RB .63a, only one skip isn't that bad in comparison.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2004
  18. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

You didn't say if you are viewing on a computer or a standalone player? You could also conclude it's poor media, as well as a standalone player that is having trouble with that kind of media.

I would also have to assume that CloneDVD is set up to burn it's own files, and so I would chose to use an all-purpose burner like Nero. I would also use the check disc feature to make sure the final burn matches the source files.

19. spamlover

spamlover Member

Thanks for responding Doc.

I'm viewing the movies on a standalone Panasonic RP-56 that I bought approx. 2 1/2 years ago. I could take the "problem discs" to a local store to see if they play on their units.

I don't think so. I haven't had any problems so far with this current batch of Ridata 4x DVD+R and Prodisc 8x DVD+R.

Where would I find this feature in Nero? I have Nero 6.3, but I haven't used it for burning but once. I also have Nero Recode... is this a good program for burning?

20. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

The "Verify Written Data" feature is a box you check in the lower left corner when the burn process starts.

You've immediately eliminated bad media without checking it. One way is to run it through DVD InfoPro to check for read errors ( http://www.dvdinfopro.com/ ). A quick test, but not as reliable, is to try running it through Decrypter. If a file is corrupt/unreadable, Decrypter will likely have a problem.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2004