1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero not reading disc in drive

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by sallieg, Sep 7, 2006.

1. sallieg

sallieg Member

Hi, I have burnt movies for a while now and this problem has only just occurred, I use dvd shrink to copy to my comp, and use nero to burn the dvd. I went to copy a dvd today and it went to my comp fine, I opened nero, just like I have done for ages, then when I press burn, the blank dvd (which are the same ones I always use) ejects and a message saying *please put blank disc in* comes up, I try another blank dvd and after a few minutes it ejects also. The only thing I have done since copying my last dvd, was to update AnyDVD. I have no idea if this could have anything to do with it. Please help me. Thank you. Sals

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

This could be a simple matter of updating your burners firmware, what is the make and model of your burner.

3. sallieg

sallieg Member

Hi, it is a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ831S, I have updated the driver for it. Hope you can help. Sals

4. trishhere

trishhere Guest

Did you find the firmware for your dvd? My model is Matshita dvd-ram UJ841s I have a problem with mine right now.

TrishHere

5. sallieg

sallieg Member

Hi Trish,

I didnt need the firmware, I realised I had a bad batch of blank dvd's. Have you tried a different batch of DVD. Hope this helps you out, had me pulling out my hair.
    Sals

6. gogots

gogots Member

I have the same dvd burner and my drive does the same thing. I tried all brands of dvd's and the drive does not want bulge(recognise)any one .Now I have like 15 different brand and 500 blanks.
    If somebody know the solution to this problem I will really appreciate some help

7. sallieg

sallieg Member

ok, I think I have sorted this out. I found that if I copied to drive using shrink, then when that was done, I didnt put a blank dvd in until I had set up nero and pressed burn, then I would get the box, please insert blank dvd into drive, ( I never got this message before), then I would insert the blank dvd and not do anything, after a couple of minutes, the drive picked up the blank and started to copy to it. I hope this helps out, I have been frustrated over this, but at least have got it to work. Let me know. Bye Sals

8. gogots

gogots Member

Okay here is what i did..... I have Reinstalled the Laptop to Factory defaults...I know its a pain in you may say what but the dvd ron came back,,,,,, So with this observation the MICROSOFT drivers for the DVD is Faulty by all means...... and this will happen if you install the Roxio's Latest version software. Th Roxio overwrites the microsoft drivers ....isnt this suprising :)

9. trishhere

trishhere Guest

Thanks for the replies but cant say I can totally understand what I am suppose to do, Have installed an update for the driver, sias it's installed but the dvd is still using the "cdrom" driver and apparently it doesnt support dvd. we have managed with alot of manipualtion to get it to burn but not always successfull with alot of errors in the videos.

I dont know how to set this thing back to factory default any easy to understand directions would be greatly appreciated. Also, I got this from my friend who's husband left with all discs for the computer and refuses to give back and to make my life a little more difficult she is not sure where he purchased the computer as he took all documentation so if I need an original install disc for the dvd rom I would have to beg for the generosity of a copy.

As for the crappy disks have a couple hundred of my own, what a deal that was any way after some beads, fishing line drill and drill bit I have some awsome shinny twirlers in my trees. The birds love them and they really make some nice "disco effects" when the sun shines on them.

So again detailed instructions on what to try, at this point i will try anything and we can go from there.

Thanks alot and happy Canadian Thanksgiving.

Trish

10. gogots

gogots Member

Hello Trish

If you have AC3 Filter installed.....Remove it (uninstall it) restart system and try different DVD labels specially JVC or Verbatrtim brands .....worked for me :)after the refresh of operating system