1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DivX to DVD - TMPGEnc / TMPGEnc DVD Author

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Oriphus, Jun 24, 2003.

1. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Hi all, this seems quite a hard way to go about this. I have a movie in DivX (might be Xvid, cant remember) and i converted it to an Mpeg2 file using TMPGEnc. THis took 8hours, but i was left with a single Mpeg2 file. Now, i am using TMPGEnc DVD Author to turn that mpeg2 file into a compliant DVD file (i hope) with VIDEO_TS and vob's, etc... which takes around 1 hour.

My question is this> Is this the normal way to go about doing this? Is there any easier method of getting Mpeg4 converted into Mpeg2 with vob's, IFO, etc without having to spend 10 hours doing so using the mentioned tools.

I then have to shrink the movie at around 35% with DVD Shrink to get it to fit on one DVD-R. There must be an easier way.

Any help, no matter how minor, is greatly appreciated. Hope to see a Dela and PowerdUp comment in here somehere ;-]

Thanks,
    Chris__X_X_X_X_X_[small]Im gonna find you, and im coming to get YOU!

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2003
  2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Oh...and i get no sound after all that. interestng.....

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Ok man, did you use the project wizard? And are you saying the file was too damn big when u finished?

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

No, the file was fine, about right for the amount of time (7GB). However, it took over 10hours to convert. I was left with an mpeg2 movie single file. I then tried TMPGEnc DVD Author to convert it to DVD format, IFO, vob, etc...
    I then shrank it using DVD2One. The quality is average but somehwere in that process, sound has disappeared.

Could it have been that the right Xvid codec wasnt installed and the sound was never there? it used to be there before i formated computer.

5. Dela

nah i reckon it was the divx audio with some weird compression!

7gb? r u serious? did you use the project wizard in TMPGEnc??

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah,thanks Dela. I think im just gonna stick with Mpeg2 formats and forget about the Mpeg4. THanks for your help. (I get to watch all the new DVD's way before they come out cuz my mates dad manages a DVD and VHS Distribution company. He has had LOTR 2 for over a month. cool!!

Chris

7. Dela

No problem man but really i did nothing just gave an opinion or 2 lol!

8. arry

arry Guest

I have EXACTLY the same problem.

I have a movie in divx and want to convert it to DVD. When I play the movie with a divx player it is perfect sound and video.

I used TMPGenc Plus to convert it into one file, a mv2 I think from memory. I then used TMPGend DVD Author to produce a VIDEO_TS and an AUDIO_TS folder. To do this by the way I used the project wizard.

I then burnt the contents of this onto a DVD with Nero Burning Rom.

My problem is this. The video quality is fantastic but there is no sound? The AUDIO_TS folder is also empty.

Does anyone have any ideas as I am keen to get it to work since the quality of the video is so great.

Many thanks if anyone can assist me.

9. Dela

You should have got an m2v and a wav file from TMPGEnc Plud, you wee supposed to multiplex them to get an mpg by clicking file - mpeg tools, and click the multiplex tab!

10. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

hmm...thats where i went wrong too Dela, thanks for your help (um Opinions)! ;-)

Chris

11. Dela

no probs!

12. wilkywilk

wilkywilk Member

i have converted an avi file to an mpeg1 file.What's the next step to play on my stand alone dvd player

13. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

Hey guys,
    I have converted from AVI to DVD on numerous occasions with great success. The audio problem has to do with basic DVD specs for NTSC players: you need to have at least one audio track in AC3 (DOLBY Digital) or PCM (WAV) format.
    Demultiplex the file (or better yet, get TMPGEnc to export elementary streams) and convert your audio to AC3 or WAV and you should have no problems (TMPGENC DVD Author will allow you to import the seperate audio stream).
    Good luck...

14. Dela

Into MPEG-1?? Well make a VCD because thats all 8u can now! http://www.afterdawn.com/articles

15. cheers

cheers Member

Just to go back a little to something Arry said....
    "The AUDIO_TS folder is empty." Yes - it always is. That folder's for DVD audio which is still being developed (I think).

16. Dela

Yep and still to be ripped by some smart 14 year old ;-) lol