AfterDawn Forums

Saving PS2 Games saves onto usb Flash Drives?

This discussion thread has 6 messages.

Is there any known way to save PS2 gamesaves directly onto a usb flash drive? I would rather not buy memory cards if I dont have to, and I have plenty of USB flash drives that I could use

Please let me know if theres any known way of doing this

Thanks,

Rich
▼▼ This topic has 5 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
ace1uk Suspended account
If you mean, can you save, while playing a game, to flash drive instead of memory card, then the answer is NO. A PS2 game will always look for a memory card, usually in slot 1.
You could always buy just 1 card, then use AR MAX or Codebreaker to transfer all the saves to flash drive for storage purposes. But you would need to transfer a save back to memory card if you wanted to play a saved game again.

Always 1st with 100% working PS2 Online Game DNA$ IDs!!
alright, i just didnt know if there was anyway to trick the ps2 into lettiong me ingame save on it. My friend just gave me his old ps2 and i 'd rather not put any money towards it... lol
what about the ps2 game saves to ps3 hdd???

-Jay-

Dell I530
Q9300
6GB DDR2
EVGA GTX 470
Antec 750W blue
Well, you can use the USB memory card adapter.

The PS3 will use the USB adapter to make a virtual memory card on its hard drive. That way PS2 games will see a memory card - having a PS3 does not enable PS2 games to save to a hard drive.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.