1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video on my nano

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by honda155, Sep 16, 2006.

1. honda155

honda155 Guest

i have a 2gb nano and i was wonderin if i could have video on it. i would buy a 5g but i like the size of the nano

2. DarkJello

DarkJello Regular member

You can potentially play video on it through the use of iPod Linux, but I havn't tried it myself and wouldn't be able to give you a step by step on how it works. Although there is a guide stickied about installing iPod Linux, along with a handy installer that has recently been released making the install a snap. Post if you have any troubles.

3. honda155

honda155 Guest

ok i got it instlld manually and now i have to questions. where and how do i get the videos on to my nano and also how do i do a quick reboot?

4. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

post in the Lunix area, sorry, I myself haven't tryed Lunix on my iPod.

5. 21Q

21Q Regular member

i've succesfully done this on my 2gb nano, what do you need to know

6. DarkJello

DarkJello Regular member

I would like to know for my on knowledge where to put the videos to play them in Linux. I don't have a Nano so I can't really test it myself.

7. 21Q

21Q Regular member

Well. the installer automaticlly install's pz2, unless your a programer you don't want this. Open the installer again (after installing ipodlinux) and choose update. pick pz0 (or pz1). Install.

Download mopid from their site. From there it's self explanitory. For nano's use fps 13.

Now make a folder in the root of your nano (or any ipod) called video's.
    Insert the converted video there. Make a blank .txt file and name it video.avi and put it the video's folder. Go into ipod linux. Go to the file browser, hp, video's. Click on the .txt, it will say there's no text, now hit menu, now click the video and WALA.

The .txt is to sync up the audio with the video.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  8. DarkJello

DarkJello Regular member

Thanks for clarifying that for me.

9. honda155

honda155 Guest

i thout i was further than i actually was and i have boughten a ipod video now, but thanks for the info