1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nerovision Express 2 Transcoding Problems

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Hywel, Sep 1, 2004.

1. MysticE

MysticE Active member

If you had bothered to read the posts that's the one that's causing the problems... wait for the new one which will be available Oct. 18th, part of the 6.6 build.

2. hmack

hmack Member

Yeah, my stuff is hanging too...
    It's a file I created about a month ago (before getting the Forced XPSP2 Upgrade and before the most recent NeroVision Express) patch.

So, I uninstalled the program from my 512mb/40gb Machine and installed it on my 2gb RAM 120gb hd machine and it still hangs. Eventually says "Extremely low virtual memory".

One little complaint - I wish (or at least I don't know) I knew how to move a project without losing all of the links (as long as the subdirectories are the same) - - This was experienced 2x - First when I put the project on a DVD and moved it to another machine (desktop paths are different); the other just because the Attributes changed for the file. I had to click on 1000 "OKs"

I don't have a log to post, but it seems like everybody here is posting some good stuff.

Thanks

3. photog

photog Member

I have installed nve3 and successfully encoded a high quality DVD with 160+ images plus jpg's as well. I failed at the first attempt. After removing all transitions and using only the simple fade in my Barton 3000 1 GB RAM completed the task in 18 minutes.
    Ron

4. CudaWuda

CudaWuda Guest

I can't see on the nero site how to download the Beta version of the new VisionExpress. Is it only avaialable to certain users working with the company to debug it?

5. hmack

hmack Member

I'd love to be able to download the beta too. If it is the difference between not working at all and having new code issues, I'd be glad to help. My only other alternative is to spend the few hundred dollars to get Ulead.

6. Hywel

Hywel Member

7. wjk44

wjk44 Guest

Since downloading the beta version of Nero 6.6, I've been wholly successful in making the slide presentations that I've been working on. You can read my initial frustration posted on 10.09.04. Since then, the software has worked wonderfully and without complaint.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2004
  8. CudaWuda

CudaWuda Guest

I also installed the beta version using the nero6600.exe install program. It did create the slidshow fine. Just use Google and search for nero6600.exe to find the best download site for you.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2004
  9. Zwischen

Zwischen Guest

Thankyou very much....... Solved my problem

Trying out Nerovision for the first time and I received the same error message when trying to author a dvd. Anyway so I google the error and it leads me here. I then updated my Nero Vision to the beta version at the link above and it works. No more crashing.

10. scarbouc

scarbouc Member

Well it is the 18th...where is the software update for NeroVision???

11. Hywel

Hywel Member

I've been waiting in anticipation as well. Checked first thing this morning and throughout the day and nothing. Its now 21:30 here in the UK so they have 2.5 hours before it turns into the 19th. Given that Ahead are based in Germany that puts them an hour ahead of the UK. So its 22:30 there.

Oh well, fingers crossed........

12. Grundrush

Grundrush Member

Still waiting..........

13. Jabba2004

Jabba2004 Guest

Maybe they have a program that automatically updates their website - set & forget...and they left it running to update on the 18th, but it shut down by itself and they havent realised it yet.....

14. wjk44

wjk44 Guest

I finally heard back from Nero's customer support from my posting on the 9th (Nine days later!?!...glad I didn't hold my breath!...) Below is a portion of their reply to me as it pertains to the "Official" update which was delivered to me today, October 18 :

"Dear valued Customer,

thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we are not able to solve this problem at the moment (some other customers had it, too).
    We will release an update during the next week and we hope that this update solves the problem.
    Please download and install this update and try again to burn the profect...

Best regards

Sebastian Sonn

Technical Support

Ahead Software AG
    Im Stoeckmaedle 18
    76307 Karlsbad
    Germany
    Fax : ++49 (0)7248 911 888
    http://www.nero.com"

(As well as being late with the update, they need some help with spell check... :) )

As others have said, it may do well to get the beta version and go with it until Nero goes public...hope this helps...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2004
  15. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the delay on our Nero 6.6 posting, but we are still working on development for a few critical features and the posting is now delayed till October 28th to ensure a solid product.

The only good news I can give you is that my testing indicates the new version of NeroVision Express 3 will resolve the issued posted in this thread, and improve perforance and quality of the video over all.

Best Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

16. scarbouc

scarbouc Member

Waiting....impatiently...I promised my family this picture album a while ago...now we wait longer....

17. spicaly

spicaly Member

I'm having somewhat of a different issue, even after trying the beta vision express 3, my transcoding process freezes about 50% each time I try it. I'm using vob files from different sources to make a compilation dvd but for some reason Nero gives me errors when working with vob files even after the new beta.

18. photog

photog Member

Craig
    Your assistance has been invaluable. many thanks for update re new versions. In the meantime i am v. happy with the bets!

Ron McDermott

19. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Scarbouc,

Sorry for the continued delay. You could always do as a number of users on this forum and download the PreRelease of Nero 6.6 as it will not crash your system or anything like that. There are just some features still being worked on, and a few items to iron out, but overall that version is solid.

Hi Spicaly,

If you take one VOB file at a time, and see if Nero Vision will transcode them to your Hard Drive, do you find one VOB out of them all that you have trouble with? Or do you have trouble with each individually?

How were the VOB files created?

Regards,

Craig

Ahead Software
    USA

20. spicaly

spicaly Member

Craig, Thanks for the suggestion I'll try that tonight (seeing if perhaps one VOB file is corrupt) I tested one VOB individually to see if that would freeze by itself last night and it completed, but I'll try the other 45 or so tonight. I'm making a compilation music video DVD from various music DVD's and getting the vob files off of the original DVDS using DVD Decrypter.