1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying Doom 3 to a single 4.7GB DVD

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by D3xblade, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Renas

Renas Member

And finally as coldfire said change the Launch options:

[​IMG]

2. mbrownab

mbrownab Guest

Where can I get the so-called ORCA??

3. Renas

Renas Member

It's a bit more complicated but here's what you do:

Orca comes in a pack with other programs that you can install. It will take some time to obtain everything like 1hour to 1 1/2 hour.

Go to where it says Windows Installer SDK v2.0, then after a while you'll see a button on your upper right corner that says 'CONTINUE', click that and the site will auto download and install everything including orca at C:\Program files\MicrosoftSDK by default.

You can find the orca install exe (.msi file) in C:\Program Files\MicrosoftSDK\bin\orca.msi

Edit: site is http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/sdkupdate/

Last edited: Dec 30, 2004
  4. MaSHi

MaSHi Member

you know what i do?

i just open the doom3.msi using ORCA and change the volume label to 'Doom3_1' on all of the files, it's very simple and it works though i cant seem to play Doom 3 with it.

5. JANKZ

JANKZ Member

Hey guys
    I followed the instructions and I got all 3 to work on a single dvd. It installs just fine without any problems, but however when I start the game it gives me this msg.

using ARB_vertex_buffer_object memory
    using ARB2 renderSystem
    found DLL in pak file: D:\Doom 3\base\game00.pk4/gamex86.dll
    copy gamex86.dll to D:\Doom 3\base\gamex86.dll
    ERROR: wrong game DLL API version
    Error during initialization
    Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
    ...wglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL ): success
    ...deleting GL context: success
    ...releasing DC: success
    ...destroying window
    ...resetting display
    ...shutting down QGL
    ...unloading OpenGL DLL

The original game work fine when istalled with the 3 cds, but when I install it with the dvd and use the no cd patch I get that msg. CAn anyone help?

6. mstngtim

mstngtim Member

Ok, some newbie help requested here. How do I edit that file in Orca? I have searched around in the blasted program but can't seem to find or see how to edit the lines!
    Thanks ahead of time too!

7. furmanSK

furmanSK Member

You have to unlock the file. In the properties part of the file there is the "read only" check box make sure its unchecked and you should be able to edit the file.

8. JANKZ

JANKZ Member

go to the file, rightclick on it and click on edit with orca, or something along those lines. Then on the left scroll down till you see media. Click on that and you will see what you are looking for :)

9. Matt1975

Matt1975 Member

Hi wondering if anyone can help, I am trying to back up doom 3 to dvd but when I have installed it it says please insert dvdrom into drive? I thought it worked put the cd key in etc, installed quicker than normal but then like I said came up with the dvdrom request any ideas? I am running win xp, I did everything D3xBlade said to do, please can someone give me a clue. Many thanks.

10. MaSHi

MaSHi Member

I had the same problem and still cant work it out. it's like copying any game CD for PC. it just doesn't work.. :( but one day, someone will figure out how to play copy CD Using the copied CD (without using any patch)

11. coco198

coco198 Guest

Hi, everyoneone a`m new to multidisk copy to dvd-R. would it be possible to use thesame method. to copy splintercell pandora tomorrow into my harddrive. the game it cames with three cds also. am able to copy and paste the fisrt two disks succesfully into temp folder but the third one it can capy at all. i wish to capy all my games into a dvd-Rs sach medal of honor, halflife2,battlefront,ect.....
    Can any body pls. your help will be appreated thanx in advance.

12. coco198

coco198 Guest

the way you can put more than 1 game on dvd is this

Make image files of all the games u want (you can clone them so they work like original cds).

Burn the image files onto a data dvd using nero (you want the images to stay as image files on the disk so on one disk you might have

game1.iso
    game2.iso
    game3.iso

)

Then put the burnt dvd into ur dvd drive and using alcohol 120% or daemon tools mount the image files onto virtual drives from the dvd.

This is helpful ifyou have multidisk games and want to keep them all together

13. MagicianH

MagicianH Member

Hi,

I've managed to create a single DVD version of Doom3 but I cannot get any sound when I install it, not a sausage.

I have a Gigabyte P4 Titan GA-8ik1100 which has in built 6 channel sound(5.1) I've got all the latest drivers and have tried absolutely everything I can think of to get the sound to work, reduced hardware acelleration through control panel the lot, and still not a sausage.
    I can't even get stereo sound, nothing. Other games seem to work fine Hitman2 etc...

I'm thinking of starting again, transfering the original files across again but I'm sure I done everything right the first time and it does install fine but zero audio, although on the installation initial screen the IS audio??!, once installed... gone. Please help!

14. callmebob

callmebob Member

I was able to extract the files on the 3 CD's into a single install file. Install the game, apply a NO-CD patch and got the game to play without any problems.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2005
  15. OKIE

OKIE Regular member

whats a no cd patch.

16. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

A nocd patch is an illegal crack that allows you to play the game without the disc.

Discussing them in detail here is a great way to get banned as well :)

17. MagicianH

MagicianH Member

I wasn't talking about this by the way, do you have any input at all on the question I asked Nephilim?

18. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I know you weren't talking about it, OKIE was and no I don't have any added information - the thread subject holds no interest for me.

(I've read the entire Xanth series as well as the Incarnations of Immortality - great stuff)

19. MagicianH

MagicianH Member

(Nice one you, me and my dad and he's dead (god rest his soul) must be the only people in the world who have... I've quite a few more I'd like to read. I guess you recognised the handle then, petty I can't fit the Humphrey on the end...)

20. MagicianH

MagicianH Member

Weird name... "The root of Nephilim is nephel which means: "untimely birth, abortion, miscarriage". The Biblical tradition says the Nephilim were on the earth before the Flood and afterwards, but they appear to be missing during the Flood." - Also "There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they; bare children unto them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."
    - Genesis 6:4 (King Jame's version)

Interesting stuff... your name.... (mumble typing... must sleep-tis 03:47)