1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial: How to FTP in to your Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by PimpDawg, Jul 24, 2005.

1. BJet1

BJet1 Guest

three questions:
    1. do you have to have a custome dash before you can FTP?
    2. afetr you do have custom dash installed you can never play live again?
    3.after dash is insatlled you cant have auto-game sart up? so how do the games start?

2. mickmok

mickmok Member

Hey, Iv been having trouble connecting the xbox up for FTP also. I did get it working a while ago with a tutorial but since then the site had been shut down. So I assume I have the correct crossover cable as I did get it working once. But I have tried several other tutorials and none will work. Flash FXP will just sit there trying to connect, will either time out or refuse connection. My comps IP is 192.168.1.3 I have set my xbox to 192.168.0.3 and everything else is how is explained. On my comp I set up the IP as 192.168.0.2 i think? subnet mask as normal. However still wont connect.

3. PAUL0617

PAUL0617 Regular member

how do you put the evox .ini file onto a disk? i am going crazy

4. BUDSMKER

BUDSMKER Member

Will an ethernet cable connecting from my router to my xbox work?

5. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

6. BUDSMKER

BUDSMKER Member

Ugh I meant instead of cross cables for the Ftp thing, I meant can I use an ethernet cable connecting from my router to my xbox for the Ftp thing?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2005
  7. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

That's a yes, it will work.

Did you check the link I gave you above? I'm guessing not, because right at the top it tells you what you need:

Required Hardware for a Router Connection

3 Ethernet Cables with RJ-45 Connectors
    NAT Cable/DSL Router
    Ethernet NIC for the PC

8. BUDSMKER

BUDSMKER Member

Oh, but I used only 1 ethernet cable to connect to live and I could connect to live.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2005
  9. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Yes, you use 1 cable to connect your Xbox to your router, but you need two more cables, one to hook up from your router to PC, and one to hook up your router to your modem.

If you were going off of a modem only, and did not use a router, then you would just need 1 standard straight through ethernet cable.

10. tapsta

tapsta Member

I have been thinking about something else. I have the evox chip installed but still am using the M$ dashboard...now if I install the evox dashboard, copy my games onto dvd's then reinstall the M$ dashboard, everything should be alright...i think.

if this is possible, where could i get a copy of the M$ dashboard so i could reinstall it after i finished putting my games onto dvd?

11. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

tapsta, you got a few things mixed up I think...

For one, you do not need to get rid of your M$ dash, you can have your EvoX and M$ dash on your Xbox HD at the same time.

So, what chip do you have for real? Because there is no such thing as an EvoX modchip.

I would just suggest getting slayers from #xbins, and then burn the Slayer XISO you get to a quality dvd-r, pop it in your Xbox, and go to the option "Install EvoX on C: and Apps on E:" Reboot your Xbox, and you should have the EvoX dashboard on there. You can then FTP to your Xbox.

Here is a guide on how to access #xbins if you do not know how, http://teammodders.com/viewtopic.php?t=96

12. tapsta

tapsta Member

ummm i guess i do have a few things mixed up. as for which chip i have...i have no clue. a friend of a friend did it for me and all i do see when i load up my xbox is 'evox' on the top left hand side..then it goes back into the regular m$ dashboard, nothing new nothing changed except that i can now play burnt games. and still play on live when i disable the chip

i was told that if i installed a custom dashboard then i would not be allowed to play on live...so if i were to install the evox dashboard and also have my ms dashboard...wouldn't that suspend my account on live? :S not too sure on this. if not, then great :)

all i really wanted to do was to be able to copy games and also play on live, but i heard if you have the new dashboard that would suspend your account so i thought of installing the evox dashboard to copy the games i want and afterwards to reinstall the m$ dash to be able to play on live.

and thank you for the info about the bins..i actually did not know how to do it :)

13. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Awesome, ok, well you're friend's friend is lying to you. You can indeed go on Xbox Live still if you have a custom dashbaord such as EvoX on your system. The thing that will be different is that when you turn on your Xbox w/ your modchip on, it will load into your EvoX dashboard instead of your orignal dashboard.

I can see how you got confused w/ what modchip you had. The thing you see on the screen is the bios that was flashed to your modchip. In your case, your friend's friend flashed the EvoX m8 bios on on your chip. I am guessing you have either a DuoX2, Spider, or Aladdin modchip.

Ok, so get comfortable using #xbins, and look for Slayers. Then, just follow what I said above and you'll be golden.

Oh, check your private messages by the way...

14. tapsta

tapsta Member

I was successful in installing with slayers on my xbox. thank you for your help pimpdawg. ^^ the original problem was, i didn't edit the evox.ini file when i burnt the iso over, so i could not backup the xbox. everything works nicely now. thanks a bunch!

15. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Glad to hear you got it working :)

16. shawty

shawty Member

i think i got a big problem, this can only be done on a modded xbox, i got a softmodded one, please help me i do need help!!!!!

17. Joey1937

Joey1937 Guest

forgive my ignorance figgured it out

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2005
  18. xxHAZExx

xxHAZExx Guest

ok this is my problem every time i try to ftp throgh fxp it says "Connection failed (No route to Host)" and i have no idea wat it means. another thing is i have a hub/router watever u want to call it there is 6 slots one of them doesnt have a # on it the rest do witch one do i put the xbox in and withch one do i put the pc in. if any body can help me i will be very thank full.

19. bccatl6

bccatl6 Member

OK guys, i'm extremely new to this so please help. 1st, do I need to have an already modded XBOX to get the dasboard? 2nd, I have the DVD's that'll olay in my XBOX, but how in the world do I burn EvoX? I'm using Roxio to make the iso. Well I guess that's it cause that's the only part giving me pains. PLLLEEEAASSEEE HELP!!!!

20. tapsta

tapsta Member

I am no where near being an expert at this...
    but for xxhazexx you have to put the xbox into a slot where this is a number and same thing for the pc. next you would have to change your ip adresses so that they work together... I am not familiar how to do this through the router, but I do know how to set it up with a crossover cable...I am guessing that the reason why fxp isn't working is just because of the ip adresses aren't set up. :) just do a quick search here and you'll know what to do for ip adresses.

as for bccatl6, i dont know anything about softmodding but from what i do know about this is that you do need a modded xbox to play the games. for your second note..i assume that you're friend gave you burnt copy of the games? and you cant play them because you dont have a dashboard installed...to do that..i just recommend getting slayers autoinstaller, get it to your harddive, burn it over, make sure its an xiso..i should be though..can't remember..burn that onto a NEW cdrw, so you dont waste any dvd's and that should work..follow the onscreen instructions and you should ok too.