1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NERO turns the VCD picture upside-down!?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Bonusbent, Feb 3, 2003.

1. kyle737

kyle737 Guest

Hey man please dont take it personal just thought some of your replys were pretty harsh for a new comer just tring to fix a simple problem!!!!! And to be Honest I enjoy this thred very much it is a very hepful site and all,I didnt mean to offend any one but ya know shit happens....

Any way i have recieved plenty of replies that my solutions worked so enjoy and by the way i am not a minor, or a newbie.

PEACE

2. Rodgers

Rodgers Guest

Klingon...as a Moderator you should learn to give a little slack to the Newbies. Don't try to intimidate new comers; be more considerate and helpful.

The Forum has some excellent contributors and keep up the good work.

Rodgers

3. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

This is a thread about Nero turning the picture upside down. This will be the last post about Kyle, loaded or A_Klingon.

Both the latter are moderators and very tolerant of flaming, insults and the most annoying of all : Repeat questions.

Neither of us get upset or take anything personally (if we did, Kyle would be long gone). What we try to do is make sure that the users abide by the simple rules, which you are all aware of and keep the discussions on topic. We also provide technical knowledge and apply it consistently, accurately and with good humour.

Times when good humour can fade :

1 : The same question 47,123,644 times (like the one on this thread)

2 : Links or requests to cracks, serials etc, or the slating of a perfectly good piece of software. People usually bitch about software they don't understand, as it frustrates them. If they took the time to learn it, they would find its use.

3 : Bashing another user or moderator. This also tends to happen when people are frustrated, often because they don't understand something. Be patient, you will learn.

Another annoying thing is people who think they know something, but in actual fact are either duplicating another's concept (what we in the trade call : 'monkey see, monkey do.') or just bullshitting.

I just feel some of you need to understand this.

Paul.

4. InsiteV11

InsiteV11 Guest

Hey guys, check this out. I download alot of big files so alot of times I run out of space. So I get my downloads broken. So I use this program DriveWatch and it save me alot of time and headaches.
    It tells me when my freespace gets low, stops changing, therefore telling me either my downloads is broken or finished.

It tells me when the file count changes, telling me a new download file is created or a file is deleted to free up space.

It tells me when a file has been modified, telling me a resume download is happening.

This is really good, the wizard helps me configure the program easily. Especially useful during media file CD burning and converting, you know!

Check it out.

http://www.webadviso.com/drivewatch

5. loaded

Insite :

I will give you the benefit of the doubt today, although I feel that this is a commercial advert, as you have posted it twice and those are your only two posts. Your name has been registered with other moderators, which if your intentions are honourable will not worry you at all.

However, should further 'advertising' posts show up, you could find your membership in jeopardy.

Paul.

PS : Possibly you are just trying to be helpful, but you are taking the thread off topic anyway.

6. trubble54

trubble54 Member

Since I am not the only person who had this problem, I think it's only fair to share what I have learned today.

I tried everything that people on this forum and FastTrackMovies.com suggested I do to correct the problem...I tried using TMPGen like all of you suggested, both here and at FTM.

I could not figure out how to get the file I had encoded to Nero so I could burn it...I tried saving it and the program saved it as a text file...so many wasted hours!!!

I decided not to waste any more time trying to figure out TMPGen and just went back to Nero. Here is what I discovered...[bold]YOU CAN USE NERO TO ENCODE!!![/bold]

1. Open Nero
    2. Run the wizard
    3. Go through the screens and <bold>choose make a video cd[/bold]
    4. Once the window opens, choose the file you want to burn.
    5. Drag the file into the window...
    6. The program will check the file you want to make and then it will show up in the main window...it tells you how many mb it is and how long the movie is.
    7. Once the file shows in the window, highlight the file, then RIGHT CLICK ON THE FILE IN THE WINDOW. WHEN THE POPUP OPENS, [bold]CHOOSE INVERT FILE[/bold]
    8. Then click the burn button.

Your file will begin encoding and all will be [bold]RIGHT SIDE UP and FINE[/bold]

I am very new to this VCD thing and I guess that's why I figured it out...because I wanted to learn it so bad!!!

Loads of people gave me loads of advice...but in the end, my stubborness got the best of me and I figured it out!!!

Just remember this one thing...after your file is loaded and ready to encode, right click it and choose INVERT FILE!!! Since Nero encodes thing upside down and backwards, inverting the chosen file makes it come out the right way!!!

HAPPY BURNING...
    trubble54 OUT!!!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2003
  7. Rodgers

Rodgers Guest

Nice Going Trouble 54. Something a lot of us overlooked.

Rodgers

8. halford

halford Member

I hoped trubble54's solution would work but I have had no luck on my system. I am using windows98se with nero version 5.5.10.42. Following the posted instructions I end up with an option to "invert the selection" but no option for "invert file" Tried it anyway but videos still encoded in nero upside down. What version of nero was being used? I want to use nero because I have had great luck with it in the past on other projects. I use TMPG sometimes but the settings can be quite a pain. There has got to be a quick easy way of making nero encode correctly. Will someone post the definitive fix or work around that is quick and simple.

9. Rodgers

Rodgers Guest

The procedure that Troubble54 suggested works perfect for me. I had been struggling with this problem for a long time. Other suggestions did not work. The version of Nero you are using works fine. Give his procedure another try.

Regards,
    Rodgers

10. trubble54

trubble54 Member

The first time I tried it I had problems too because I went to "edit" instead of [bold]HIGHLIGHTING the file in the window, then RIGHT CLICK the file IN THE WINDOW[/bold]and the invert file comes up there...try again and let me know...hope this helps...

Trubble54

11. halford

halford Member

I tried several times but never got the invert option to work, however I installed the k-lite codec package klcodec203f and suddenly nero is encoding perfectly. This tells me that is is in fact a codec issue as perviously reported by several users. It would be nice if we could narrow down exactly which codecs are conflicting and/or which codes rectify the problem. On a side note I think Nero should be helping out on this issue since so many users have had problems with it. They could at least have a universal solution posted in an FAQ format.

12. trubble54

trubble54 Member

I'm happy that you figured out how to do it...I only wish I could have been more help. After you installed the codec pkg...does Nero encode right side up all by itself? If so, I may try that myself instead of always having to invert my files...I'm old and sometimes I waste a lot of time because I encode things after forgetting to invert the file and...well...you know The Rest of the Story!
    TTFN...
    trubble54...

13. suerte22

suerte22 Guest

Sorry...this is my first post.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2003
  14. suerte22

suerte22 Guest

I was having the same problem. All of my files were encoding incorrectly. I installed SLD CODEC 1.3 and after that I havent had any problems. The only other problem I am having with the encoding is that Nero doesnt accept all of the avi files. I tried to put one in for encoding and it said that it was not an avi file when in fact it was. Hope this helps.

15. halford

halford Member

I have encoded and burned 6 avi movies since I installed the k-lite codec package klcodec203. Every movie encoded correctly in nero without any user intervention. In my case this codec package fixed the problem. I also recommeded the same codec package to a friend having the same problem and it worked for him as well. Others mileage may vary :)

16. doogal

doogal Member

Same problem as most above - when Nero burns an Xvid encoded movie to SVCD it plays upside down. Tried everything in this thread up to installing klcodec203f with no luck then, in desparation, UNinstalled AceMegaPack and hey presto Nero works spot on! It looks like the klcodec203f codecs did the trick. Thanks everyone.

17. scottand

scottand Member

18. chadhr69

chadhr69 Member

OK, here's my question, How much time do we spend trying to turn .avi to .mpg format, Is there not a dvd player that attaches to our TV's that will play .avi formatted movies. If not their needs to be. Does anybody know of one.

19. loaded

Certain new (and cheap) DVD players are being released which will play DivX movies. Rather like it took a while for the CD player manufacturers a while to realise that they would sell more if they supported CD-RW etc :)

Paul.

20. recker

recker Guest

If you contact Richer sounds UK they should have a dvd player that will play divx instock.
    I think its made by a company called (KISS)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2003