1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO SOFTMOD XBOX EXPLAINED AGAIN FOR LAZY PEOPLE

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by roman_s, Aug 6, 2005.

1. NJPelli16

NJPelli16 Member

I tried installing the softmod posted directly above, while I began everything was in some different language. Luckily I restarted my Xbox before it was too late. Does anyone have an English version of that mod? It was the only one that would work for me. If not, can anyone translate the menus so perhaps I can find the language settings?

2. liveonps2

liveonps2 Regular member

Does softmodding work on all versions of xbox?

3. nooobie

nooobie Guest

Roman_s i folowed your mod for lazy people and now i cant get to my old ms dashboard it's all F***d up and all it says is download a new xbox live update so i connect and it does not download the xbox live update it just says you are not connected then i press ok and it repeates again and agianand your uxesare in french and some other language i need help to get my old m$ dashboard up and running and by the way it would not let me create backup for the old dashboard please help me Roman_s or any one who knows how to get the old dashboard back plaese help me!

4. MXUNDER

MXUNDER Guest

does the splinter cell thing work for Halo 2?

5. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

NO. Splinter Cell, MechAssault or 007 Agent Under Fire. The one you choose must be an original disc as well. If I'm not mistaken, Paltinum Editions will not work.

6. MXUNDER

MXUNDER Guest

... soooooo is there anything here that can help me on halo 2 soft moddin?

7. liveonps2

liveonps2 Regular member

Anyone know if softmodding works on any version?

8. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

If you mean all versions of the xbox 1-6, YES.

9. liveonps2

liveonps2 Regular member

Thanks. Now I can go buy a new and screw it up like I did the old one.

10. BlueOystr

BlueOystr Member

help please i installed the splinter cell linux installer but theres a huge folder with lots of stuff in it and i tried putting it in the pc database through action replay but its not a valid game save so which file exactly do i need to put in the database???

im dying here

11. dzuldare

dzuldare Regular member

hi all. i have been lookin around in these forums for soft modding and i find this one to be one of the easier ones to follow. i am still waiting for my copy of 007 i got off of ebay. but i want to have everything right. i also got one of those action replays. ok, so for my first question (probably more to come on here) is : does it matter if it is action replay or action replay max? i have herd that that max does not work and vise versa. well i bought a max(still waiting, bought from ebay) and i hope it works.

12. Stealth90

Stealth90 Member

Roman... After i download the file off the website what do i do with it

13. Blu3f7am3

Blu3f7am3 Guest

hey roman, i got the linux server on my memory cards with AR and put on my hardrive... I turn off my box so the tray closes then I start it up again. When i click run linux on my mechassualt ms02301LL0 disc, it goes to a black screen and sits, can u help me at all?!?!?!?!?

14. Blu3f7am3

Blu3f7am3 Guest

my friend uploaded a fileand sent it to me, i know it works and so does he. I know I also have the mechassualt w/o the patch. So yeah, if ur ever on, i added u to my AIM to talk to u hopefully. mine is

L3lue f7am3

15. grandslam

grandslam Member

roman_s what is ur aim b/c i need the web site b/c im going to use meccahsult

16. grandslam

grandslam Member

someone please help me i have backed up my xbox but how do i set it back to normal.

ps. some how my xbox is in a different language how do i change that

aim my grandslamjmh

17. dietwater

dietwater Member

guys im a newbie and there are seriously so many ways to freakn mod your xboxso i dunno which one to use but i did the one at the beginning of this post. i really need yalls help, i have action replay and did everything like the download to xbox but when i did it there was no english it was just dutch and the other choice was turn off xbox so i did dutch and downloaded the only things i could and now my dash is different but also if all that is still right im stuck with the flashx thing bc it wont stayed connected, i need help PLEASE GUYS! bc i was so excited bout this but now im getting bummed. and i cant tell if it transfered, all it has is a green up arrow, if someone could help me please do, really appreciate it, thanks

18. dietwater

dietwater Member

guys im a newbie and there are seriously so many ways to freakn mod your xboxso i dunno which one to use but i did the one at the beginning of this post. i really need yalls help, i have action replay and did everything like the download to xbox but when i did it there was no english it was just dutch and the other choice was turn off xbox so i did dutch and downloaded the only things i could and now my dash is different but also if all that is still right im stuck with the flashx thing bc it wont stayed connected, i need help PLEASE GUYS! bc i was so excited bout this but now im getting bummed. and i cant tell if it transfered, all it has is a green up arrow, if someone could help me please do, really appreciate it, thanks

19. liveonps2

liveonps2 Regular member

To get the Latest MS Dash (version 5960) you can either go on line or you can use a game that has on live support. First, why do you need to update dash? I read that Burnout 3 or Need for speed underground 2 are the two to use. I have ESPN nfl 2k5 original disc. Will this work?

20. dzuldare

dzuldare Regular member

hi, i bought a ready softmodded hard drive off of ebay and i just pulled out my xbox hard drive and replaced it with the modded one. i thought this would work out just fine. well, now after it starts to load, i get the error code 6 , xbox needs to be serviced code. and that was it , it won't go. the big tray open button blinks green and red. what do i do. is there a special way of turning it on? i have a v.1.0 xbox and the new hard drive is a 30 gig. seagate. evox is on the hard drive. what should i do?