1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Games with real gamepad support.

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by tycobb, Jul 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moomoo2

Moomoo2 Regular member

Wow, nice app, XPadder. I've had a bunch of crappy game pad work arounds that have never worked. This one looks promising :)

2. georgeriv

georgeriv Member

Well, I used xpadder and it's a great app but there is still a problem. I used it to set up my gamepad the way I wanted but, when I tried to use it in Onimusha 3, there seems to be a conflict. Some of the buttons were remapped and some were still what the game automatically assigned, making for some interesting gameplay. I have two different buttons to attack but none to face the enemy. Also, while holding the block button for a few seconds, my map comes up. Any ideas on how to correct this?

3. SpykeZ

SpykeZ Guest

not entirely sure. I would assume theres an option that you could use to disable the gamepad so it doesn't detect it. Sad thing is though, those Playstation ports are done horribly.

4. georgeriv

georgeriv Member

Unfortuantely, the game automatically detects the gamepad.

5. Culley

Culley Guest

I use the Logitech RumblePad gamepad. Recently switched from the Wired to the Wireless. I quite like it.

One other game to add to this list is Jade Empire: Special Edition.

I, too, wish more games offered a gamepad option. I don't like having to rest against a surface to use a mouse. And, most trackballs (which I find better for gaming anyway) are too big and bulky to hold.

It's why I like the wireless gamepad. Independent mobility.

In addition to Xpadder, Pinnacle offers a similar product. Xpadder's is freeware, though, so...

Good list, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2007
  6. SpykeZ

SpykeZ Guest

the list here isn't updated anymore. check out the list I got going in my sig.

7. davidrose

davidrose Guest

Tomb Raider Anniversary works perfect with 360 controllers and has rumble working, great playing this game with that controller.
    EDITED
    My browser messed with this post

Sorry for the triple clicks (posts) it is fixed now, just installed Vista and it's a bit skippy.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2007
  8. davidrose

davidrose Guest

MISHAP

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2007
  9. davidrose

davidrose Guest

Tomb Raider Anniversary works perfect with 360 controllers and has rumble working, great playing this game with that controller. Thanks for the list.

10. deko10

deko10 Guest

Anybody knows if there is a way to play on mamae32 with a joypad/gamepad instead of the second player?

11. Freekman

Freekman Regular member

crysis has excelent gamepad support if you want to do that although the driving controls are a little weird
    and gears of war which makes it a xbox clone w/ rumble support i might add

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  12. gassorr

gassorr Member

Ok, this might not be 'true' gamepad support, but it is the best tool I have ever found to map your gamepad.
    Xpadder

Compatible with Xinput and you can switch to four different layouts on one pad.

I mapped Timeshift on it and Hitman, and it works really well.

Ontopic:
    Games that support Xinput (you have to have a xbox360 controller for windows or something like a Logitech chillstream)
    Notably:

Lost Planet: Extreme condition (difficult but awesome)
    Crysis
    Overlord
    Bioshock
    Halo 2
    DiRT

More here.

I found those games, worthed to buy a chillstream, and kick back and relax.

:)

13. Freekman

Freekman Regular member

another very good programs for mapping is pinnacle game profiler, they also have pre made ones on the website that are specially made for certain games
    http://www.pinnaclegameprofiler.com/
    it is shareware, but you can get it forever if you really want
    wow i am stupid several people already wrote about it but this post is still usful for the link...
    or not just found the link here before my post sry for reapeatingstuff

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  14. gttdi

gttdi Regular member

Ive got a Logitech Dual Action gamepad! and for sum reason it wont be recognised by my Extra mame application! has any one got a step by step explanation to help me out please

15. ALI_101

ALI_101 Member

Hi guys, i have a logitech precision gamepad, would anyone be kind enough to tell me which of the above games listed will support the use of the logitech precision?

16. sam1233

sam1233 Guest

Hey i was planning to get a ps2/3 controller that connects to a PC so i can play PC games but with a feel of a PS3 Console XD.

Anyways, i was wondering if Devil May 4 or Star Wars: The Forced Unleashed works with a gamepad. Thanks

^^

17. Ray92

Ray92 Regular member

I played Devil May Cry 4 at my friend's house using his logitech cordless rumblepad 2, and it was working fine.
    Not too sure about force unleashed though....

PS - The controller is just like a PS2 one

18. sam1233

sam1233 Guest

oh ok thanks Ray92

19. Ray92

Ray92 Regular member

No worries ;)

20. splitline

splitline Member

You should be able to map the buttons to any game pad on most professional pc games. Even SDL has gamepad support.

The best controller period is the ps3 or the xbox360 and or ps2 controller. But the ps2 controller does not have a usb port, the ps3 does. In my opinion the game pads like made by logitech or phillips etc. suck period. They are not made to last. Get a premium controller from xbox or playstation or maybe even nintendo. These controllers last and i mean last. I'm avid player of of Pro evolution soccer online. In the past i used game pads made by logitech and phillips and these controllers would work great for about a week and then the would start messing up. I would pay about 15 to 25 dollars. I decided to try ps3. this controller was 50 bucks. Kinda of expensive, but it was worth it. The game play is much better now. And this controller has not messed up once during game. Its like playing soccer with a pair of Rawlings boots there cheap and feel good for three days, but next week after your feet start hurting you wished you bought a pair of Copa Mandials or nike vapors. Trust me and buy the ps3 controller.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.