1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to: Update Eurovox Max V with Kuro 18.04.08 (R.I.P 28/11/2008)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SG8, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robdo

robdo Member

2. robdo

robdo Member

I'm not very clued up on computers i can just about turn it on my computer doesn't have a rs 232 connection and am trying to plug in to usb at front but it says no available com port reading bigjaspa to go in to device manager would this work for me and if so how do i do it remember the instructions need to be idiot proof

3. karljd

karljd Regular member

go back to page 1 the lads done a great job in explaining eveything

4. malci

malci Guest

Make sure you have the correct NULL MODEM cable and adaptor check 1st page

1. Right click on "My Computer"
    2. Select "Properties"
    3. Click on the "Hardware" tab
    4. Click on "Device Manager"
    5. Click the + sign next to "Ports (COM & LPT)"
    6. One of the listed ports should indicate which port your USB adapter is connected to (e.g. COM1, COM2, COM3, etc.)
    7. Go back to your map software program that you use to transfer data and make sure it is looking at the correct port.
    8. You should be able to transfer data once the correct port is selected

take your time

5. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Thanks for that Karljd!

Also if you follow malci steps to asign the ports correctly you will be ready to go, Providing you have bought a NULL modem cable.!

6. markmu66

markmu66 Member

where is the best ( well cheapest really) place to buy the null modem cable? i would also need the usb adapter.
    thanks in advance

7. TRFC

TRFC Member

Yeah, sorted out the symbol rate and restored factory settings, worked a treat, it was such a rush of euphoria when I saw the picture come up first as I was at it for a whole day the day before.

I know its been said before but can I just emphasise that its a Null Modem Cable needed and not an RS323, they both look the exact same but there is a difference. Just posting this as I spent a day pulling my hair out wondering what was wrong when I was using the wrong cable all along. You lads are legends, keep up the good work!

8. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Also same for me its up to SG8 (his post), but fine with me use whatever you need to help others Karljd. But SG8 the sig has to stay LOL!

9. bryandir

bryandir Regular member

hi guys,does this guide at the start of the thread work for the red and the blu boxes?just the same?also,what do i do to sort the chanels,what file do i download and where do i install it?

cheers guys!!!!

10. busby0000

busby0000 Member

Cheers SG8 and HITECK. thanks for your advice ,flashed the box yesterday and all seems fine...

11. yamahagts

yamahagts Member

Hi Lads...great work...information
    greatly appreciated,just a
    question regarding Eurovox Max V 2008;
    I looked at the VM Support site and
    saw the link to the download-but will
    this work with Ch***s, there seems to
    be some question mark.
    Any help much appreciated
    Regards

12. bryandir

bryandir Regular member

help guys!!

i just downloaded the blue firmware,it done it fine,and when i scanned for channels,it just says "no transponders to scan"

help!!!

13. robdo

robdo Member

hi there malci told me to go to my map software program to check that the correct port is in place to transfer data how do i find this again the instructions need to be idiot proof as i don't have a clue thanks in advance

14. keith72

keith72 Member

trishg
    18. April 2008 @ 12:39
    I don't seam to be able to change the USB do nI need to change it from the list below???
    Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller – 27C8
    Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller – 27C9
    Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller – 27CA
    Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller – 27CB

I have tried to uninstall and reinstalled the drives for the serial convert still no joy
    Thanks for your help

I have the same setup on my Laptop as trishg & I can't change configuration in Device Manager. It only lists USB controllers & doesn't show anything for COM ports. I've purchased a USB adapter for my null modem cable but can't get it to work. I see trishg got it sorted, Any help or tips greatefully received. Cheers

15. realblock

realblock Member

can anyone help me i've uploaded new firmware to my maxv08 and after factory default and powerscan, the screen just says service unknown.thanks in adavnce for any help.

16. seanmac30

seanmac30 Member

Hi,

Have had my eurovox max V 2008 for 3 months and this is my first firmware upgrade. I followed SG8's advise and got myself a correct null modem serial lead from maplins (code L71BT). I have downloaded the flash loader and managed to upload my favourites (cfd) file to my computer. Sound so far! Then I clicked on download and got the message 'Version 2.10 detected' in a message box with a start button. I then clicked on start and I get a progress bar saying 'Sending...0%' and it has not moved on from this for the last 20 minutes. On the Eurovox it is flashing 'dnld' but it doesn't seem to be downloading. As fasr as I can make out, there is no problem with the lead or the com port as I have been able to upload my favourites file to my computer. Can't see a problem like this after searching the forum. Has anyone got any bright ideas please.

17. jim1979

jim1979 Member

Hi lads,

I have a eurovox red box and the code changes are driving me mad!!
    Is there software I can download to fix this problem.I am new to this so if anyone has instructions for my version I would appreciate it.

Thanks

18. cena12

cena12 Member

Hi Guys,

Have followed the instructions and everything seems to be working UNTIL we get to the "Please wait, code being upadated...". Its been about 1 hour so far and nothing has changed. I have a Eurovox MaxV 2008 and im on Ch@rus (Lim3rick) The Box is Black in colour but im not sure what you mean by red or blue box, although the actual box it came in has a red dot (sticker) on it. Any ideas what i should do next?

19. keith72

keith72 Member

Try "Update/Fixes" on BigMAQ toolbar. New firmware posted there which can be downloaded. You'll need to install toolbar first. I'm not sure as to whether it will cure code update prob

20. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Look here the firmware is available for the red box,
    http://www.freewebs.com/tempfix/eurovox.htm

When you downloaded the firmware on here it didnt work for chor*s as they was no firmware for chor*s at the time. now there is a new release which includes the fix for you area, linked below,
    As SG8 has UPDATED on pg 1 http://www.mediafire.com/?dtmdycgdwqu So cena12 re download the new link and flash your box again!

Go into device manager,
    Under ports (coms)press the + symbol
    right click the com port you are using the click properties.
    In port settings change the bit rate to the max, apply then exit.
    Then try again!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.