AfterDawn: Tech news

'Anonymous' stops its assault on PSN

Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 08 Apr 2011 12:53 User comments (80)

'Anonymous' stops its assault on PSN After days of assaulting the PSN (more info here), the hacking group 'Anonymous' has decided to change up its plan of attack, to one that will not affect Sony customers as much.
Says the group:

During the last few days, Anonymous has been targeting Sony for their outrageous treatment of not only PS3 users and jailbreakers, but also of the general public. Their propaganda regarding jailbreaking implies that it encourages piracy and thereby makes people lose their jobs, whereas jailbreaking actually just means you are making YOUR device do what it should do. Imagine if Microsoft forced you to use Internet Explorer instead of Firefox or Chrome. Imagine if they denied users from using any other web browser than their own. Many people would obviously be pissed... but then, why aren't you pissed at Sony?

The fact that their litigation demanded information on everyone who had viewed the material, was completely unacceptable. This is a threat not only to the gaming community, but to freedom of information in general. The fact that the privacy of individuals can be violated, simply for accessing information, and legal action can be taken for doing something with something you own, are steps far beyond the line. Anonymous decided it could not allow this to stand. If jailbreaking a phone for use of legal (unsigned) apps is found legal, why would this be any different for the Geohot case, seeing as Geohot explicitly states he does not support piracy?

Anonymous is not attacking the PSN at this time. Sony's official position is that the PSN is undergoing maintenance. We realize that targeting the PSN is not a good idea. We have therefore temporarily suspended our action, until a method is found that will not severely impact Sony customers.

Anonymous is on your side, standing up for your rights. We are not aiming to attack customers of Sony. This attack is aimed solely at Sony, and we will try our best to not affect the gamers, as this would defeat the purpose of our actions. If we did inconvenience users, please know that this was not our goal.
This operation is a response to Sony's attempt to deprive their customers of products they bought and therefore own, wholly and completely. Anonymous will not attempt to fight this by following the exact same course of action. We have plenty of tricks up our sleeves.

That being said, our campaign against Sony and others that would trample on the idea of free information will continue, until we are satisfied with the outcome.

The group started in 2003 via 4chan and recently became a household name after they launched DDoS attacks on MasterCard, Visa, PayPal and Amazon after the companies cut off donations and server space to WikiLeaks following the release of diplomatic cables.

Previous Next  

80 user comments

18.4.2011 17:28

Someone has mommy issues.

28.4.2011 18:39

post deleted.

38.4.2011 18:51

Quote:
We are not aiming to attack customers of Sony
An attack on sony is an attack on its customers.

48.4.2011 19:23
Prim0
Unverified new user

Sony IS the one attacking its own customers

58.4.2011 20:53

attacking sony in anyway is attacking sony customers. so if sony will not do what they want do they want to put sony out of bussness? then what go after ms? and after that who will make the games? who will make the software and hardware? who would want to?why jailbraek? jailbraeking does lead to piracy! if you made a game and spent tons of money to make it and spent all your time on it only to sell one copy of it and have the world make copys of it what would you do? everyone knows what jailbraeking leads to anyone who says it doesnt lead to piracy is full of themselfs. dont like what sony is doing then dont buy sony. besides thought everyone hates the ps3 becuase the xbox is better?

68.4.2011 21:13

Quote:
and after that who will make the games? who will make the software and hardware?
Trust me, Microsoft and Sony are absolutely NOT the only companies interested in making games. They just want as much money as they can possibly accumulate, regardless of who they take it from, or how they acquire it.

I'd love to see those two go down, to be replaced with companies which place the interests of their customers, and people in general, first, and make all other interests and endeavors secondary. There ARE companies like this out there. Companies like Microsoft and Sony tend to squash them, so you rarely ever hear of them.

78.4.2011 22:42

The whole fact here is sony coming up with a new patch or anything??
but also does it not seems they are attacking the credit card companies. go figure

88.4.2011 23:46

I never had a problem, so they must've only affected a few spots.

98.4.2011 23:53

Originally posted by cazer:
attacking sony in anyway is attacking sony customers. so if sony will not do what they want do they want to put sony out of bussness? then what go after ms? and after that who will make the games? who will make the software and hardware? who would want to?why jailbraek? jailbraeking does lead to piracy! if you made a game and spent tons of money to make it and spent all your time on it only to sell one copy of it and have the world make copys of it what would you do? everyone knows what jailbraeking leads to anyone who says it doesnt lead to piracy is full of themselfs. dont like what sony is doing then dont buy sony. besides thought everyone hates the ps3 becuase the xbox is better?
Thank you for the typical Sony fanboy response.

"attacking sony in anyway is attacking sony customers" - That is like saying that tackling a terrorist is the same as attacking his victims.

"so if sony will not do what they want do they want to put sony out of bussness?" - No, they want to teach Sony that their actions have consequences...they might get away with removing otherOS...but they will pay dearly in many different ways. The next time they want to f**k their customers just for a laugh, they might at least think twice.

"then what go after ms? and after that who will make the games?" - If microsoft started doing things half as bad as sony has been doing, then I would say that they should be next. As for who will make the games, microsoft and sony actually make very few games...they make game consoles...but anyone can make a game console.

"jailbraeking does lead to piracy" - Jailbreaking just brings a few PC functions to the system. The PC is a prime piracy platform right out of the box...if you have an issue with jailbreaking, you should also have an issue with every PC manufacturer on earth.

"if you made a game and spent tons of money to make it and spent all your time on it only to sell one copy of it and have the world make copys of it what would you do?" - If you make a good game, it will sell...even if people are pirating it, it will still sell. If this wasn't the case, then the PC game market would be limited to free flash-based games.

"dont like what sony is doing then dont buy sony."
Great, I will just get in my time machine, go back 4 years, and stop myself from buying my PS3, 2 extra controllers, a ton of other accessories, and about 100 games. I mean, how else do I avoid buying something that I purchased years ago when Sony was cool about homebrew and before they removed homebrew support, forcing hackers to add it back (and because they had to break sony security to do it, they also opened the doors to potential pirates). This is the whole point of the OtherOS lawsuit; almost no one ever imagined that sony might remove OtherOS...and the rest were reassured that it would always be there...by SONY!

"besides thought everyone hates the ps3 becuase the xbox is better?" - I don't know where that came from...the PS3 is like a supercomputer (or at least several of them together = a supercomputer.) Before OtherOS was removed, the PS3 was the king, at least in my opinion. Really the only thing that the xbox360 had that I wanted was Forza...and I much prefer GT5 now that it is finally out.

109.4.2011 11:54

Well ain't that something. First you start something without realising there would be some unintended consequences to your actions. Come on now, might as well do some collateral damage while you're at it. Any business suing it's customers because they don't approve of the way they use or modify their products to make it better isn't worth my time. I'll go with a different platform.

119.4.2011 13:52

glad i haven't bought Phony for years

129.4.2011 14:06

Well aside from $ony bashing I would say anyone associated with Anonymous still isn't very bright...There is way too much heat and it's getting hotter every day. Unless that is you are wanting to get vanned. Course that would make you a moron anyway so nevermind...lol

139.4.2011 14:11

Originally posted by dEwMe:
Well aside from $ony bashing I would say anyone associated with Anonymous still isn't very bright...There is way too much heat and it's getting hotter every day. Unless that is you are wanting to get vanned. Course that would make you a moron anyway so nevermind...lol

good on them for making a stand

1410.4.2011 04:39

Originally posted by KillerBug:

"attacking sony in anyway is attacking sony customers" - That is like saying that tackling a terrorist is the same as attacking his victims.

"so if sony will not do what they want do they want to put sony out of bussness?" - No, they want to teach Sony that their actions have consequences...they might get away with removing otherOS...but they will pay dearly in many different ways. The next time they want to f**k their customers just for a laugh, they might at least think twice.

"then what go after ms? and after that who will make the games?" - If microsoft started doing things half as bad as sony has been doing, then I would say that they should be next. As for who will make the games, microsoft and sony actually make very few games...they make game consoles...but anyone can make a game console.

"jailbraeking does lead to piracy" - Jailbreaking just brings a few PC functions to the system. The PC is a prime piracy platform right out of the box...if you have an issue with jailbreaking, you should also have an issue with every PC manufacturer on earth.

"if you made a game and spent tons of money to make it and spent all your time on it only to sell one copy of it and have the world make copys of it what would you do?" - If you make a good game, it will sell...even if people are pirating it, it will still sell. If this wasn't the case, then the PC game market would be limited to free flash-based games.

Great, I will just get in my time machine, go back 4 years, and stop myself from buying my PS3, 2 extra controllers, a ton of other accessories, and about 100 games. I mean, how else do I avoid buying something that I purchased years ago when Sony was cool about homebrew and before they removed homebrew support, forcing hackers to add it back (and because they had to break sony security to do it, they also opened the doors to potential pirates). This is the whole point of the OtherOS lawsuit; almost no one ever imagined that sony might remove OtherOS...and the rest were reassured that it would always be there...by SONY!

"besides thought everyone hates the ps3 becuase the xbox is better?" - I don't know where that came from...the PS3 is like a supercomputer (or at least several of them together = a supercomputer.) Before OtherOS was removed, the PS3 was the king, at least in my opinion. Really the only thing that the xbox360 had that I wanted was Forza...and I much prefer GT5 now that it is finally out.
killerbug you missed my piont all together. first my statement had nothing to do with fanboy for sony at all. most people make companys to make money not all but most. and most want to make as much money as they can simple fact.

as far as terrorist go last i checked they are out to hurt and kill people and i dont think sony is doing that. you need to compare apples to apples and not to anything else.

Quote:

so what your saying is if someone doesnt like the way that a company runs itself its ok to attack that company to hurt it and its customers? and i dont mean physically but man power and money that could be doing other things for the company and the inconvenience to that companys customers in this case the people who could not get online with their ps3.

Quote:
microsoft has gone after its customers by banning accounts sony has just gone to the next step. like it or not sony has the right to take this to court. if they didnot the judge would have thrown the case out. but wait let me guess sony paid the judge off. right?

Quote:
pc is ment to run programs that are not made by the maker of the computer or the maker of the os that it is running. jailbraeking is the same as moding. the only differnts is jailbreaking is software and not a modchip.

Quote:
once again a miss. like it or not this is about money. for evey pirated game cd movie cell phone hand bag or anything else that is a knock off of something else is money out of that companys pocket. flee markets had fake oaklys but a few yours ago oakly put a stop to it and now you cant find them like you could. the pc game market does what they can do to stop piracy as much as they can as well. i know you know drm.

Quote:
if you go back four years ago you would no that sony was not hip to homebrew. remeber all the updates to the psp? what were they for? some of them were to stop homebrew.

Quote:
first you say
Quote:
then you defend the ps3 that is made by sony. this comes from when the ps3 came oout everyone bashed it from the price tag to the games to online gaming.

Originally posted by Clam_Up:
Quote:
and after that who will make the games? who will make the software and hardware?
Trust me, Microsoft and Sony are absolutely NOT the only companies interested in making games. They just want as much money as they can possibly accumulate, regardless of who they take it from, or how they acquire it.

I'd love to see those two go down, to be replaced with companies which place the interests of their customers, and people in general, first, and make all other interests and endeavors secondary. There ARE companies like this out there. Companies like Microsoft and Sony tend to squash them, so you rarely ever hear of them.
so what makes sony any differnt then any other company? people say the samething about apple and microsoft. its not like sony is making you give them your money. you are giving it to them with out anyone forcing your hand. killerbug is right that sony and microsoft do not make many games but do make the consoles the games are played on. with that said if sony and microsoft were gone and some other company took their place that or those companys would be doing the samething.

look i have made copys of dvds and games and even jailbroke my phone. i dont do that anymore guess i grow out of it and i can care less if others do it. what im saying is sony is in the bussness of making money and people seem to forget this. Anonymous says they are on are side and fighting for are rights. but when they start messing with things that you or i use so we cant use them then its not only hurting that company in the pocket but it is hurting the user as well. and we all know jailbraeking leads to being able to play copied games and coping games is piracy and piracy takes money away from them. yes some do want to just get otheros back but most just want to be able to copy games they did not buy. and as far as are rights goes. are rights depends on were you live. the fact is most people think they have all these rights when they really are not rights but privileges. if you dont believe me read your bill of rights or what ever documents your country has that tells you what your true rights are.

all in all companys want money and the bigger the company gets the more people want to hate them weather its sony microsoft or apple or att

1510.4.2011 06:59

@Cazer,

Sorry cazer but for all your pontificating all you offer is opinion. Why should owning the PS3 be different from a person's phone in the US? No way could Sony get up to the unprecedented fragrant breeches of privacy in MY country. Nor is it a privilege to mod your console for backup in Oz, as the owner, it is your right. It is quite legal, whether or not you agree. The assumption that it only amounts to "piracy" is yours and Sony's. If Sony want to dictate what you can do with them they can rent the bloody things like Panavision do with their cameras.

Sony reneged on a contract when they sold the ps3, you may think they have a right to do so... others do not! For all your wall of text you fail to address the points in reference to PC gaming which were asked which contradicted your earlier exaggerated claims. According to you, PC gaming should be non-existent.

Also, Anonymous has stated they have stopped the attacks on PSN, did you notice that? They intend to choose other methods.

1610.4.2011 08:01

(in laymens terms)what anonymous needs to do is hit the company and not the customers.which is what they plan to do.

1 idea i had just dont have the skills to do is.disable the user agreement that appears when you turn your ps3 or sign up for psn.no licences/user greements mean the rights are yours to do what you want with it.

as for australia i live here we mod our consoles,download torrent files, drive cars in bad condition on the road.The government doesnt mind.run a business selling pirated games/software they might go after you,drive like a maniac they will go after you.use common sense and they leave you alone

1710.4.2011 08:27

Originally posted by Jemborg:
@Cazer,

Sorry cazer but for all your pontificating all you offer is opinion. Why should owning the PS3 be different from a person's phone in the US? No way could Sony get up to the unprecedented fragrant breeches of privacy in MY country. Nor is it a privilege to mod your console for backup in Oz, as the owner, it is your right. It is quite legal, whether or not you agree. The assumption that it only amounts to "piracy" is yours and Sony's. If Sony want to dictate what you can do with them they can rent the bloody things like Panavision do with their cameras.

Sony reneged on a contract when they sold the ps3, you may think they have a right to do so... others do not! For all your wall of text you fail to address the points in reference to PC gaming which were asked which contradicted your earlier exaggerated claims. According to you, PC gaming should be non-existent.

Also, Anonymous has stated they have stopped the attacks on PSN, did you notice that? They intend to choose other methods.
Quote:
Nor is it a privilege to mod your console for backup in Oz, as the owner, it is your right. It is quite legal,
it may or may not be legal in your country but i bet it is not a rght. in my country it is legal to drive a car but it is not a right it is a privilege but most will say it is a right. in the u.s. the only rights we have are the rights given to us in the constitution. exsample the First Amendment gives us the right to free speech but it does not mean that you have to be heard. what oes this mean? simple you can say what ever you want no one can stop you but at the same time no one can make anyone lisen to you they can walk away. i bet you can find anything from your country that state you can jailbreak your ps3 and your goverment can never make a law saying you cant jailbreak it.

Quote:
For all your wall of text you fail to address the points in reference to PC gaming which were asked which contradicted your earlier exaggerated claims. According to you, PC gaming should be non-existent.
how do you get that? the makers of pc games have been fighting piracy for years becuase every copied game is money that they dont get for that copy of the game.

Quote:
The assumption that it only amounts to "piracy" is yours and Sony's
i never said that it only amounts to piracy. i understand that people want otheros back and they want to have homebrew. hmm wait homebrew so you can play games on a system that the game was not ment for and that game was more then likely came from a system that the game had to be copied from. now if it was ment for the pc and you had a real copy and wanted to play it on the ps3 with homebrew thats one thing but if you didnt by that copy well then thats piracy.no jailbreaking is not just for piracy but lets get real thats what most people want it for. if you think thats not the case well then........................

Quote:

anonymous has stated their attack is solely aimed at sony. the only way to hurt sony is at the bank and doing so in the end hurts the user even more.

here you go in 10 years you have a xbox360 or a ps3 and you want to play cod4 online and find out that you cane because they took the servres down for that game are they or you going to go after everyone that had a hand in the making of the game because you cant play it online anymore eventhough when you bought the game you bought it to play online and now they have changed that on you? its the same as sony removeing otheros or anyother software being changed with an update.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 10 Apr 2011 @ 8:32

1810.4.2011 10:22

!) In Oz you have the right to modify consoles. Yes, it was established. Do not confuse apples with oranges (i.e. cars). I worked in a shop that modded.

2) Every copied game does NOT equal one lost sale. Crikey.

3) I rest my case.

4) Well Gee wizz, it's real unfair that Sony have to compete with MS then. That must hurt them, I mean us, the consumer, a lot! Haha. Why don't we just roll over and hope they give us a reach-around then. How naive can you be? :D

5) Hyperbole.

And the "...unprecedented fragrant breeches of privacy..." you fail to address? Face it you don't live in a Democracy anymore... you live in a Corpocracy.

1910.4.2011 15:32

fine jemborg besides your word please tell me or show me were it is in writing that it says that in Oz you have the RIGHT to modify consoles and that the great goverment of Oz can never ever take away or make a law against it.

2. well yes.
3. what case? you have none.
4. what? see this is way i stopped coming to this site a long time ago. you have now changed what i was talking about in the first place. yes i may have helped.and as far as naive? i was thinking the samething about you.

2010.4.2011 16:46

1) Semitics. I wrote it was established, please read more carefully. I don't care if you think I'm lying. My boss (at the time) went to Canberra a few years ago concerning it. You keep ass-uming the issue has not been officially looked at in Oz. As it stands, you have the right to... so get over it.

2)...

3) My case? The assumption that it only amounts to "piracy" is your's and Sony's ... you then went ahead and demonstrated that yet again. Heh.

4) *Sigh* Well of course you would. But I called you naive because you don't seem to understand 101 Supply and Demand. Sony, naturally, are into it to make a profit. They will only be compelled to pass benefits (in any form) to their customers if they are compelled to by competition. For example: MS (and Ninty, and PCs) hurt Sony at the bank.... this does not hurt me a game user. On the contrary we consumers benefit from their competition, even fanboys. Ergo it does not follow that if Sony gets hurt at the bank users (PS3 users) will get hurt. It is extremely silly to believe that Sony (or any corporation) will pass, for instance, savings onto the consumer for the sake of it. Actually, if they think they can get away with it they will remove features... vibration (they had to replace it eventually), backwards compatibility... OtherOS.

I have wasted enough time on this- I am not likely to reply further. Diminishing returns, it's getting tedious... notwithstanding the crap grammar and spelling. I am sorry that you feel that way about AD. But then again, maybe it's to be expected.

=====================================================================

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 10 Apr 2011 @ 4:57

2110.4.2011 19:26

so what makes sony any differnt then any other company? people say the samething about apple and microsoft.
I don't much care for the tactics of either company.

Just because the majority of companies play cutthroat doesn't make it right, nor does it mean I should kowtow to those that pretend to respect my interests until they have my money.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 10 Apr 2011 @ 7:26

2211.4.2011 00:48

Quote:
fine jemborg besides your word please tell me or show me were it is in writing that it says that in Oz you have the RIGHT to modify consoles and that the great goverment of Oz can never ever take away or make a law against it.

2. well yes.
4. what? see this is way i stopped coming to this site a long time ago. you have now changed what i was talking about in the first place. yes i may have helped.and as far as naive? i was thinking the samething about you.
i googles searched it and found the link which says its legal (found several in 30seconds) heres 1 link

laws can change at anytime regarding anything so yes australia can change the law if they feel they need to.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 11 Apr 2011 @ 12:50

2311.4.2011 02:53

Originally posted by xboxdvl2:
Quote:

2. well yes.
i googles searched it and found the link which says its legal (found several in 30seconds) heres 1 link

laws can change at anytime regarding anything so yes australia can change the law if they feel they need to.
Haha, thanks for going to the effort Xboxdvl2. I just could not be bothered.

Yeah, like any law it can be changed. So what? But in this case to quibble over semantics.... e.g. intrinsic vs. legal

Laws are based on what are considered intrinsic values anyway and that's still opinion. You have the right to bear arms... in America, not in my country.

Regardless, an exception would have to be made in reference to PS3 (or any game console) in regards to modifying what you already own (that doesn't constitute a public health hazard). Also another legal exception would have to be made in reference to duplicating software you own for safekeeping. Both relatively tall orders (in Oz anyway).

User agreements or licence stipulations mean bugger all. They cannot supersede what's law. They are only on there mostly to scare the consumer. Don't look to the back of a box or a EULA for legality. Case in point, for many years we have been told by internet sellers that return postage in regards to warranty are at the buyers expense... this is completely untrue! Any internet seller that tells you this is misinformed or lying. Any "agreement" you may enter into regarding this is invalid, by law. MegaBuy (I think) sent me email in regards to this as they were taken to court... and lost.

@Cazer, if by any chance you read this please make sure you read post #20 too. PS: I hope you learnt something here... not least that most regular AD members have learnt to be careful when taking me on.

====================================================================
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 11 Apr 2011 @ 3:09

2411.4.2011 15:11

Thank you. Both of you for making my point for me. I never said that modding was illegal. I said it was not a right. The word right has been missed used. You have the privilege not the right to mod. Even you said they can change the law about it. A right they can not take away from you. Yes they can try to take it away. But in the end they can't. The law is the law and yes it is different all over the world I understand that. What you fail to understand is what rights really are. By the way let's not compare apples to oranges (i.e.) guns. See I van do it too. This is now way off topic and you have proven my point for me. I'm done with this. So if you want you can have the last word if you want. I give you that privilege if you want it.

2511.4.2011 15:16

Thank you. Both of you for making my point for me. I never said that modding was illegal. I said it was not a right. The word right has been missed used. You have the privilege not the right to mod. Even you said they can change the law about it. A right they can not take away from you. Yes they can try to take it away. But in the end they can't. The law is the law and yes it is different all over the world I understand that. What you fail to understand is what rights really are. By the way let's not compare apples to oranges (i.e.) guns. See I van do it too. This is now way off topic and you have proven my point for me. I'm done with this. So if you want you can have the last word if you want. I give you that privilege if you want it.
Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I c wot u dun. U turn tables on me. Clever u iz.

You are confused... Doing what you want with what you own IS perceived as a basic right fool... It constitutes the definition of ownership.

The laws of ownership extend from this basic founding principal. Haha.

If you can't understand the difference between owning a car and driving it on the road then what hope is there for you?

I suppose it's to be expected, you don't even understand the basics of economics I had to explain to you.

================================================================
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 16 Apr 2011 @ 6:11

2611.4.2011 15:44

Lets say that this is just the begining. We can carry this through out the industries. Now, you buy a new car and in a year you need new tires. You don't put the same brand that came on the car. Does this give the car manufacturer the right to come after you for modifing the car? Look at all the big service providers out there that are buying each other out. ONE provider means you have no choice and you must do what they say. Kinda of ironic what direction this world is headed. They are not testing the waters, they are daming it. Ouch.

The Texas Dragon

2711.4.2011 22:18
kevo1971
Unverified new user

I like the fact that the good old USofA told me as a young kid that Rushahaha had big bro looking over there shoulder and we should hate them Im so happy that we are be coming ...oust... like them then and how are we now going to tell are kids when they come now back from school and ask us about the wall what should we say as the good old USofA the changes this county has gone though over the last 200 hun years or so and when are walls coming down being said in this manner state agents each state going against the other states and having no free will as a county that was about allllllll peoples coming together to work together for a better please for are kids to learn from one another not to make the same f mu-stacks buhu to those out there that have no common stance to work together black brown white 123 from the time life of man started to the changes we have gone though as human changing in coaler and yucks to serve the rich lazy f that never there aaaas to see that in hiding how we are and not letting us be how we are in good in bad and in not nowing if we are not aloud to learn for are selfs if they wont to now what im doing then as Americana all for one one for all then the FREEDOMOFACT reform bill needs to be change all for one one for all we see all there paperless paper trails one penny 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.all here there then now and whats nest all on the table or no more money private planes cars all toilet seats

2815.4.2011 12:03

anyone sticking up for $ony is a edited by ddp, plain & simple. big ratings for anonymous, they kill it, people who speak the truth. i need to join that sh!t

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 15 Apr 2011 @ 5:34

2915.4.2011 12:44

I pretty much know why I have never browsed the gaming forums. LOLLOL!

3015.4.2011 13:36

Originally posted by GrandpaBW:
This.

Seriously people WTF, you're arguing about software updates on a edited by ddp video game console. If you're older than 16, this should be a wake up call.

Face the music, people - Sony is boss. You bought their product, they have your money. From now on you're their edited by ddp. Now stop complaining because you're wasting your time.

Move on with your lives.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 15 Apr 2011 @ 5:35

3115.4.2011 14:07

Originally posted by Cornholi0:
This.

Seriously people WTF, you're arguing about software updates on a edited by ddp video game console. If you're older than 16, this should be a wake up call.

Face the music, people - Sony is boss. You bought their product, they have your money. From now on you're their edited by ddp. Now stop complaining because you're wasting your time.

Move on with your lives.
No. Wrong. Completely wrong. We bought their item, now we do whatever we please with it. We can do whatever we please with the product they created, & we spent our hard earned money on. We can enhance our ps3 to suit us in any way possible because we paid for it. We are boss of our individual machines.

I'm not arguing, there is no argument. The customers own the machines, & can & will do to it whatever they choose.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 15 Apr 2011 @ 5:36

3215.4.2011 17:55

GO AHEAD .... DONT STOP ..... ATTACK PSN ALL YOU WANT. I dont mind not playing my PS3 for awhile or maybe forever. Bring them down to ground for a being a COMMUNIST.

3316.4.2011 01:46

Hahahaha nice one Anonymous :P

3416.4.2011 05:43

Originally posted by Gdot73:
Originally posted by Cornholi0:
This.

Move on with your lives.
No. Wrong. Completely wrong. We bought their item, now we do whatever we please with it. We can do whatever we please with the product they created, & we spent our hard earned money on. We can enhance our ps3 to suit us in any way possible because we paid for it. We are boss of our individual machines.

I'm not arguing, there is no argument. The customers own the machines, & can & will do to it whatever they choose.

As is their right.

:P

-----------------------------------------------------------------
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 16 Apr 2011 @ 5:48

3516.4.2011 05:51

Sony are just acting like the corporate anal log up their arse people that they are and guess what the community all ways wins :P

Long live Anonymous

3616.4.2011 12:25

Quote:
The customers own the machines, & can & will do to it whatever they choose.
U can do whatever you want, just don't expect it work when you try to connect to PSN. Sony has made it clear you will accept their firmware update or your machine will have limited use. Some have decided that they will never buy Sony products ever again. Some love to make this point every time they post on here. I agree with the OtherOS argument and it sucks that they took it away. Go ahead and do whatever you want with your PS3. Jailbreak it, Mod it, kick it, or throw it away. And please continue with how you hate Sony and all their products and how they are the most evil corporation in the world. If anyone thinks Anonymous is going to have any long lasting effect on Sony's bottom line you are kidding yourself.

3716.4.2011 12:34

I always likened it to,

I buy a car take it home after a few months I dont like the color, so I have it painted, then the used car guy drives by sees it another color gets mad then takes the car back.

I own the car they dont!

3816.4.2011 12:38

btw If we didnt love the product then none of all this would matter, would it?

I love my PS3, and I love the homebrew.
too bad Sony cant see that homebrew is a good thing like a app created for a Iphone.

Limited forsight leads to limited possibilities.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 16 Apr 2011 @ 12:40

3916.4.2011 12:51

Originally posted by hk2:
btw If we didnt love the product then none of all this would matter, would it?

I love my PS3, and I love the homebrew.
too bad Sony cant see that homebrew is a good thing like a app created for a Iphone.

Limited forsight leads to limited possibilities.

i am not a PS3 fan but i do agree on the topic, homebrew is everything these days but no corp fag-muffin will allow it so we just have to make our own way on these kind of things like all ways. The community will rule the internet

4017.4.2011 12:04

You are confused... Doing what you want with what you own IS perceived as a basic right fool... It constitutes the definition of ownership.

If you can't understand the difference between owning a car and driving it on the road then what hope is there for you?

I suppose it's to be expected, you don't even understand the basics of economics I had to explain to you.

I always likened it to,

I buy a car take it home after a few months I dont like the color, so I have it painted, then the used car guy drives by sees it another color gets mad then takes the car back.

I own the car they dont!
This is stupid... Is Sony taking back your PS3 because you paint it different color? How many time people have to spell it out for you, the purchased PS3 is yours, but not the PSN! People with modded PS3s want to hop on PSN like they still have the rights to do so.

4117.4.2011 16:16

Originally posted by Gnawnivek:

I always likened it to,

I own the car they dont!
This is stupid... Is Sony taking back your PS3 because you paint it different color? How many time people have to spell it out for you, the purchased PS3 is yours, but not the PSN! People with modded PS3s want to hop on PSN like they still have the rights to do so.
we can do whatever we want with it & play on it as the machines advertised to do, online or not. modded or not. we should get whatever the consoles supposed to do & whatever we do to it is just a bonus. unless i install an update that specificaly if to stop online play, we should be able to use PSN on homebrew or not.

4218.4.2011 01:01

To all PS3 purchasers: OK, so you got screwed by sony and now there are persons and organizations out there willing to fight for you. The very least you can do it support them.
Now you are well aware that sony cannot be trusted. From this point forward, if you purchase anything from sony, DON't expect anyone to fight for you. You are on your own.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 18 Apr 2011 @ 1:02

4318.4.2011 02:12

Sony can deny anyone permission to use PSN because they OWN it.

Let's get this straight... we do not rent the PS3's from them... we purchased them. So we are the owners of the device.

We purchased the PS3 so we can do what we like with them.

If Sony is not careful this will backfire on them, And the judges they got involved might get themselves disbarred or worse.

4418.4.2011 09:35

I'll probably be beaten within an inch of my life and banned from the site for putting my blog link on here, but I write in defense of Anonymous and groups of a similar nature. Not directly (it's not that kind of blog), but I do speak out on the injustice of Greed, Lies and the gross over detailing of how things are to be done in order to remove the guilt of corporate sins or keep the consumer from doing anything they want from a goods/service they purchased free and clear. Russell's World is the name of the site. While it's still in its infancy, I do have to warn you that there is/will be something to offend everyone. Hopefully there will be something funny (at my expense) as well, but for god's sake don't take it too serious. I'm too old to play 'piss on the shoes' 24/7 with some of you younger guys. So check it out. You may see an explanation in there that lends insight as to 'why' these conglomerates are the gratuitous money whores that they are.

That and I can explain it in my word without being edited as these fine folks here have rules to follow (and justly so).

4518.4.2011 09:57

"we can do whatever we want with it & play on it as the machines advertised to do, online or not. modded or not. we should get whatever the consoles supposed to do & whatever we do to it is just a bonus. unless i install an update that specificaly if to stop online play, we should be able to use PSN on homebrew or not."

Thank you Gdot73.

You repeated my point, but it is lost on those who kiss Sony's butt.

I got screwed by Sony when they were sneaky about the OS, now I have 10gb I cant retrive, trust me I tried.
On the pc and etcetera.

One program acknowledges it has 320gb then when reformatted I only get 263gb. Difference of 57gb, of course your not always going to get the full amount but 57gb is considerable.

Its not right for Sony to make unannounced changes that affects MY HARDWARE!

4618.4.2011 10:05

Originally posted by LordRuss:
I'll probably be beaten within an inch of my life and banned from the site for putting my blog link on here, but I write in defense of Anonymous and groups of a similar nature. Not directly (it's not that kind of blog), but I do speak out on the injustice of Greed, Lies and the gross over detailing of how things are to be done in order to remove the guilt of corporate sins or keep the consumer from doing anything they want from a goods/service they purchased free and clear. Russell's World is the name of the site. While it's still in its infancy, I do have to warn you that there is/will be something to offend everyone. Hopefully there will be something funny (at my expense) as well, but for god's sake don't take it too serious. I'm too old to play 'piss on the shoes' 24/7 with some of you younger guys. So check it out. You may see an explanation in there that lends insight as to 'why' these conglomerates are the gratuitous money whores that they are.

That and I can explain it in my word without being edited as these fine folks here have rules to follow (and justly so).
There is a fine line between greed and bussiness.
there is also a differnece between company's who misuse thier authority concerning products.

Not all Corporations are "evil" to make that assumptions is lacking forsight and understanding of the corporate system.

The folks at Apple welcome different ideas, they want the customers to improve thier products.

Sony doesnt get that, and never will.

So you see not all Corporations are evil, what you talk of is nothing more than class warefare which is a tool of the Socalist.

Designed to cripple Capitalism.

Without Capitalism we are slaves to Socialism and a dictator.

Capitalism makes the free trade and ownership of bussiness possible.

Only a fool would encourage Socialism, asking the Gov for permission to live thier lives.

It is all connected, it matters.

4718.4.2011 10:38

@hk2,

er... I don't know how to put this... I'll just come out with it... you wont find a lot of love for Apple in these forums either... not in the corporation sense. :)

All for a nice balanced mix between the two systems myself.

4818.4.2011 10:54

@hk2,

er... I don't know how to put this... I'll just come out with it... you wont find a lot of love for Apple in these forums either... not in the corporation sense. :)

All for a nice balanced mix between the two systems myself.
perhaps but I use them as a example.

Hating Corporations dont help them or change them.
but duely noted. thanks.

4918.4.2011 11:24

Oh stop using the argument "if I purchased it, I own it, end of discussions." It's valid 100%! There's nothing wrong with it at all. HOWEVER, time changed! So the rules of the game are changing too.

Remember, we're not far off from the period where we could purchase slaves and we could do whatever we want with them. Does it make sense at the time?

We're still battling on the grounds of pets. We purchase them, so we can do whatever we want with them, including eating them, yes?

We already established grounds on modifying cars/guns even though we purchased them but yet we know the consequences of modifying them. We already accepted the terms with that didn't we?

So, what makes you think digital devices can't be the next thing? Eventually all digital devices will be connected somehow. Modifying the device to perform functionality beyond the intended purpose can be harmful to the general public. You can outcry all you want, but the rules are made by people with money.

5018.4.2011 11:49

True, but in the last 20 years it is my opinion that greed has been that greed has been running the business.

there is also a differnece between company's who misuse thier authority concerning products.

No complaint there...

Not all Corporations are "evil" to make that assumptions is lacking forsight and understanding of the corporate system.

I'm not sure 'who's foresight you're in regards to, so I'll assume mine. That being the case, in my blogasphere (which this isn't the forum) I'm attacking only the 'evils' so 'lumping all of them' is a bit pre-disposed on your behalf. Be kind, don't assume. My assumption was on my person, not you.

The folks at Apple welcome different ideas, they want the customers to improve thier products.

Yup, so long as those different ideas are for Apple's products strictest guidelines only and profits are an 80% margin to Apple.

So you see not all Corporations are evil, what you talk of is nothing more than class warefare which is a tool of the Socalist.

Um, you lost me there. I speak on a class 'warfare' because that is where it is going to end up. That I am promoting a Socialist agenda is a juvenile conclusion. Corporations (the 'evil' ones) have indeed crippled the very idea/integrity of what capitalism was supposed to be. To go into further explanation of these truths & solutions would take a doctoral dissertation. Something simply not readable in a forum of blog.

Only a fool would encourage Socialism, asking the Gov for permission to live thier lives.

Yet, you make this comment and think that corporations aren't making you do just exactly that?

5118.4.2011 11:59

Oh stop using the argument "if I purchased it, I own it, end of discussions." It's valid 100%! There's nothing wrong with it at all. HOWEVER, time changed! So the rules of the game are changing too.

Remember, we're not far off from the period where we could purchase slaves and we could do whatever we want with them. Does it make sense at the time?

We're still battling on the grounds of pets. We purchase them, so we can do whatever we want with them, including eating them, yes?

We already established grounds on modifying cars/guns even though we purchased them but yet we know the consequences of modifying them. We already accepted the terms with that didn't we?

So, what makes you think digital devices can't be the next thing? Eventually all digital devices will be connected somehow. Modifying the device to perform functionality beyond the intended purpose can be harmful to the general public. You can outcry all you want, but the rules are made by people with money.
We are talking about 'inanimate' objects here. If I bought your old car and decided to modify it (into whatever, the choice is immaterial), your decision making rights over the vehicle are done.

Granted, I can't come to you about the motor or anything else either, but that's the agreement.

Unless I'm reading you wrong, so long as everyone buying consoles that performs these 'tricks' to their machines as well also gets the same ill effects. I.e., no service.

The Bulk of the complaints are the guys that build them don't want to let go. Then there's money to be made, egos to feed, shoes to be pissed on, old fat bastards to write narcissistic blogs, the list goes on.

5218.4.2011 12:37

i actually know a family that buys and eat there own sheep,lambs,chickens,cows.its legal.
as for cars the family has a 7yo child that drives around on his familys property in a unroad worthy ford with 15inch rims on the back and 14inch rims on the front.as long as its on private properly its legal.

as for PSN its owned and run by sony so its there choice if they want to ban you.eventually hopefully some group sets up a similar network to psn which doesnt ban people for homebrew/modding.

sony shouldn't able to change anything on the hardware as you own it not them

i hope all digital devices arnt connected.in theory It would be good to be able to connect all your digital devices together in reality it would be terrible if hackers could destroy/manipulate everything in a persons life.

5318.4.2011 12:57

well, the bottom line is, just buy what you like and enjoy it, duh, it's that simple. I don't have problems how the PS3 works, not until the Anonymous's attack that is. I'm enjoying the PS3 and PSN as it is, gaming and media. True, I can choose to modify the PS3 if I wanted to, but I also know that doing so violates the terms in the PSN agreement. So the question for me is, do I want to do that with my console? Is it in my best interest? My answer is no. Is Sony really evil? I'm enjoying my games and they make good games, so what's not to like? How does any of those rebellious talk benefit me as a gamer? I don't get it... If I join the crusade, will I get better gaming experience? Free games for rest of my life? I don't believe in free games or free movies, someone has to make them and no one makes them for free, not in socialist or in capitalist countries.

5418.4.2011 14:30

well, the bottom line is, just buy what you like and enjoy it, duh, it's that simple. I don't have problems how the PS3 works, not until the Anonymous's attack that is. I'm enjoying the PS3 and PSN as it is, gaming and media. True, I can choose to modify the PS3 if I wanted to, but I also know that doing so violates the terms in the PSN agreement. So the question for me is, do I want to do that with my console? Is it in my best interest? My answer is no. Is Sony really evil? I'm enjoying my games and they make good games, so what's not to like? How does any of those rebellious talk benefit me as a gamer? I don't get it... If I join the crusade, will I get better gaming experience? Free games for rest of my life? I don't believe in free games or free movies, someone has to make them and no one makes them for free, not in socialist or in capitalist countries.
Well, some guys do make small games for the bragging rights. Otherwise, newest fringe, top shelf games are always going to cost money. And despite what some people may imply, the purist of socialist countries are probably on the way out (yes, their still there) and technology is helping to make it that way. What "I" was trying to imply was that GREED is the driving force of a lot of folks hardships here. That debate could go onto another topic forum...

5519.4.2011 02:38

Did I not say that Sony own PSN?

Did I not say that if a contract or agreement, tacit or otherwise, contravenes the given laws of a country it is not worth the paper it is written on?

Did I not say that as possession gives you the right to do whatever with what you own? Again, it is your right and exceptions are what have to be enshrined in law, not the other way around.

And to make a comparison between human beings and a material object is plain ridiculous.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 19 Apr 2011 @ 2:47

5619.4.2011 10:14

And to make a comparison between human beings and a material object is plain ridiculous.

How's that ridiculous? Tell that to the people two hundred years ago. What's ridiculous is that at least with Sony's crap no one died. American civil war? Do you have any idea how many people died just to get rid of slavery? I find it ridiculous that people talked about greed and righteousness when they can't distinguish "material objects" and "human beings."

We came to the conclusion that human beings are not material objects because we have been there, we learned through mistakes.

In this case, it's about material objects doing harm to human beings. There's only so much you can do to things you own, at one point or other, some people with bad intention will use those ideas to cause general harms to society as a whole.

There's always two sides to everything. With knowledge/power comes responsibility, like driving a car, do we tolerate drinking and driving the same as 50 years ago?

Hacking the PS3 is great and all, but does it pose a risk to fair online gaming and achievements? If you take away the integrity in a community, what do you get? That's right, bunch of immature kids running around do whatever they please and at the end of the day, they wished someone tuck them to bed.

5719.4.2011 15:36

Did I not say that Sony own PSN?

Did I not say that if a contract or agreement, tacit or otherwise, contravenes the given laws of a country it is not worth the paper it is written on?

Did I not say that as possession gives you the right to do whatever with what you own? Again, it is your right and exceptions are what have to be enshrined in law, not the other way around.

How's that ridiculous? Tell that to the people two hundred years ago. What's ridiculous is that at least with Sony's crap no one died. American civil war? Do you have any idea how many people died just to get rid of slavery? I find it ridiculous that people talked about greed and righteousness when they can't distinguish "material objects" and "human beings."

We came to the conclusion that human beings are not material objects because we have been there, we learned through mistakes.

In this case, it's about material objects doing harm to human beings. There's only so much you can do to things you own, at one point or other, some people with bad intention will use those ideas to cause general harms to society as a whole.

There's always two sides to everything. With knowledge/power comes responsibility, like driving a car, do we tolerate drinking and driving the same as 50 years ago?

Hacking the PS3 is great and all, but does it pose a risk to fair online gaming and achievements? If you take away the integrity in a community, what do you get? That's right, bunch of immature kids running around do whatever they please and at the end of the day, they wished someone tuck them to bed.
???

I stand corrected... a PlayStation3 IS human after all.

I'm just floored by your rapier insight. How could I be so blind to the obvious?

I see that completely discounts what I wrote before (especially the third sentence) and the laws of my country have to be overhauled in the light of that brilliance.

Question, what makes six times as much as the movie industry?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 19 Apr 2011 @ 3:38

5819.4.2011 22:37

True, but in the last 20 years it is my opinion that greed has been that greed has been running the business.

No complaint there...

I'm not sure 'who's foresight you're in regards to, so I'll assume mine. That being the case, in my blogasphere (which this isn't the forum) I'm attacking only the 'evils' so 'lumping all of them' is a bit pre-disposed on your behalf. Be kind, don't assume. My assumption was on my person, not you.

Yup, so long as those different ideas are for Apple's products strictest guidelines only and profits are an 80% margin to Apple.

Um, you lost me there. I speak on a class 'warfare' because that is where it is going to end up. That I am promoting a Socialist agenda is a juvenile conclusion. Corporations (the 'evil' ones) have indeed crippled the very idea/integrity of what capitalism was supposed to be. To go into further explanation of these truths & solutions would take a doctoral dissertation. Something simply not readable in a forum of blog.

Yet, you make this comment and think that corporations aren't making you do just exactly that?

um the fact that you call yourself ahem "Lord" says it all.
and you obviously take things too personally also tells me you look for anyone who will give you a fight, pass.
I have better use of my time then fighting with a wannabe collegiate twit.

Lets just say you won the argument and I am in awe of you "Lord".
(You didn't)

But your fighting the wrong person(s).

lol "Lord", someone has a high opinion of themselves huh? (:>)

5920.4.2011 10:31

No complaint there...

and you obviously take things too personally also tells me you look for anyone who will give you a fight, pass.

(You didn't)

Man, going for a purely ad hominem attack to score points... well done! :/

Truly pathetic. You have no justification to sink that low no matter how much you disagreed with the guy. He never got personal.

Your just another crazy ideologue as far as I'm concerned, with their head up their backside... here's something else to stick up there with it, something about your favourite corporation:

http://hungrybeast.abc.net.au/stories/beastfile-apple

Sorry if you don't get to see the video, it will be available on YouTube soon I expect.

And before you accuse me of being a Communist, I'm not. But I certainly don't expect a reach-around either.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 20 Apr 2011 @ 10:49

6020.4.2011 13:11

(You didn't)

Man, going for a purely ad hominem attack to score points... well done! :/

Truly pathetic. You have no justification to sink that low no matter how much you disagreed with the guy. He never got personal.

Your just another crazy ideologue as far as I'm concerned, with their head up their backside... here's something else to stick up there with it, something about your favourite corporation:

http://hungrybeast.abc.net.au/stories/beastfile-apple

Sorry if you don't get to see the video, it will be available on YouTube soon I expect.

And before you accuse me of being a Communist, I'm not. But I certainly don't expect a reach-around either.

I'm not sure who's defending who here? Jemborb certainly isn't a Communist, nor at any time did "I" ever imply to anyone's patriotism. It is for that reason that I felt a line item justification was needed with hk2. Granted, he didn't know of my military past, but if you write as a supposed scholar, then behave as one (actions I was scolded on). However, gentlemen, "fool", "pathetic", who's doing the name calling here?

You want to write & 'act' like gentlemen and speak of hurt feelings then jump on a bandwagon and 'gang up'. It may say 'newbie' on my name header guys, but I am far from it in the 'game of life'. So let's not play 'pissing on the shoes' please?

As for my 'Lord-ship'.. it started out as a cross between both conceit & pride in my Scottish heritage; now I use it as a metaphor for bowing to no one.

I didn't come to the forum to 'fight' with anyone. Whining in a crowd of the appeased does nothing. Like Anonymous, they're hitting the wrong nail. Unless you hit Greed itself you do little or no good at all. My supposition was that my rantings would reverberate through your forum and possibly make a difference instead of the typical banter that always dilutes into nothing. I want to make folks think deeper than just the face value of the situation at hand.

Once again, it appears to be wishful thinking from an old man.

6120.4.2011 13:58

Okay LordRuss back to your question:

Video game industry? Music?

6220.4.2011 16:03

Being old and obstinate as I am, I would have said any organized taxing governing body, but current trends say the video gaming industry has taken over as entertainment's mogul.

Like everything else in entertainment though, I refuse to believe that the folks that put all the blood, sweat and tears into the product we enjoy actually reap the most (and proper) benefits. The reason I know this is from having worked in both the movie and music industries (lower ends mind you) about 15 years ago. Being the total whore I am, I would still jump back into back into the fray.

Long live the independent artist... which is another Pandora's box...

6320.4.2011 17:56

Wish I could help. Sony needs to learn to mind their own business and leave peoples business and rights alone.

6420.4.2011 18:10

Quote:
As far as I know Sony can't change anything on the hardware you own. I thought changes were made when you agree to them like a firmware update.

6520.4.2011 22:03

Originally posted by Smacks:
Quote:
As far as I know Sony can't change anything on the hardware you own. I thought changes were made when you agree to them like a firmware update.
That's correct and I think a lot of people just unhappy with the fact that they need to accept the terms to continue to use PSN. See, that's something I don't get. You know you can't continue to use PSN w/o accepting the terms, so why mad at something you don't own? I know some people have legitimate reasons like don't want to upgrade the new update because it detects a copy righted watermark on AVI/DIVX files. Without upgrading the firmware, people can still watch the copy righted movie files, but the thing is they can't get the Netflix app to work w/o the update. So yeah, at the end, it's Sony's fault, lol.

6621.4.2011 00:27

I'm not sure who's defending who here?
I was defending you Russ. rofl. Whether you needed it or not. An uncalled for ad hominem attack riles me. Your opinion is as welcome as anyone else's here mate. In fact, it's probably a good place for it.

Likewise, I have no problem with your moniker. You may even be a "Laird" for real. It seems pretty popular to call oneself LordSomethingorother on the net anyway so I personally did not bat an eyelid. But it was just a cheap shot on his part anyway.

Actually, I asked the question mate... of you, but I should not be surprised as you seem to fail to pay attention to what is actually written in posts. You failed to note it was essentially rhetorical as well... duh.

You obstinately equate the PS3 with the PSN (as well as a human being, heh). Most of the people who want to mod THEIR consoles don't give a toss about PSN. Anonymous' issue is about $ony interfering in peoples' personal property rights.

6721.4.2011 10:22

I'm not sure who's defending who here?
I was defending you Russ. rofl. Whether you needed it or not. An uncalled for ad hominem attack riles me. Your opinion is as welcome as anyone else's here mate. In fact, it's probably a good place for it.

Likewise, I have no problem with your moniker. You may even be a "Laird" for real. It seems pretty popular to call oneself LordSomethingorother on the net anyway so I personally did not bat an eyelid. But it was just a cheap shot on his part anyway.

Actually, I asked the question mate... of you, but I should not be surprised as you seem to fail to pay attention to what is actually written in posts. You failed to note it was essentially rhetorical as well... duh.

You obstinately equate the PS3 with the PSN (as well as a human being, heh). Most of the people who want to mod THEIR consoles don't give a toss about PSN. Anonymous' issue is about $ony interfering in peoples' personal property rights.
Here we go again... Battle station!

So what now? One cannot answer rhetorical questions now? FYI, rhetorical questions and sarcasms play both ways. Just because you think your lordship is above everyone else it doesn't mean crap. All I see is the hole full of crap :D

Most people mod their PS3 don't give a crap about PSN, AGREE. So why are the rest of PSN users have to suffer the casualty? In a war or uprising, you don't make your point spraying the blood of innocents. I don't care how noble the clause Anonymous is trying to convince the world, it's a cowardly act for those of us don't mod the PS3 for enjoyment. Spin it all you want, I just don't like their tactic. Just because they don't like something, it doesn't mean they have to throw tantrums. Yes, they agreed to stop the attack because they realized they're hurting the customers, not the evil doer, Sony. However, who the hell knows? After they pull a stun like this, do you honestly think that's the whole story? Oh right, Anonymous is preparing phase two assault.

As for your comment PSN = Human Being, your words, not mines. Your lordship think of yourself too high, get your butt down and find me evidence that I came up with that statement. My comments may have made you came to that implication, but who's fault is that?

Also, if an user ID is so trivial, an object not be concerned (definitely not human), why you're so defensive of LordRuss id? Who gives a rat butt about your heritage explanation? You defended your id because it linked to you, duh.

PSN is linked to gamers like me. I have friends on PSN, I'm part of a small community bounded by honor and integrity. My trophies are my war stories. My PSN name is something I would like to protect and if Sony is doing it on my behalf then that's all I need to hear.

I don't give a damn about modding PS3, just don't tarnish the online community like it's nothing. Think of war stories for this analogy. We are not killing villagers here, but the casualty is real. If a small PSN gaming community can't function due to attacks, values are lost. Not tragic as lost lives, but whole essence of online integrity is lost.

PS3 is not human I grant you that, but that's not the point. The point being, it's the passion human beings transfer to that defines what's to be treasured or loved. This has been in all of us since the beginning of time, animate or inanimate, it doesn't matter.

6821.4.2011 12:10

Also, if an user ID is so trivial, an object not be concerned (definitely not human), why you're so defensive of LordRuss id? Who gives a rat butt about your heritage explanation? You defended your id because it linked to you, duh.

PSN is linked to gamers like me. I have friends on PSN, I'm part of a small community bounded by honor and integrity. My trophies are my war stories. My PSN name is something I would like to protect and if Sony is doing it on my behalf then that's all I need to hear.

I don't give a damn about modding PS3, just don't tarnish the online community like it's nothing. Think of war stories for this analogy. We are not killing villagers here, but the casualty is real. If a small PSN gaming community can't function due to attacks, values are lost. Not tragic as lost lives, but whole essence of online integrity is lost.

PS3 is not human I grant you that, but that's not the point. The point being, it's the passion human beings transfer to that defines what's to be treasured or loved. This has been in all of us since the beginning of time, animate or inanimate, it doesn't matter.

Uuuh... did we not get the memo on the capitalization etiquette? I gave an id explanation because 'you' brought it up, not me (sorry Jemborg, here I go again...), My ID is my ID, I didn't bring that up at all, so that's just petty. I gave more insight of my monicker because deduction (which you don't have, but hinted at having a hobby for)said your reasoning alluded to my having a "high opinion of myself"... I'm just filling in the blanks dear boy.

Then my ranting about greed and its abomination on capitalism elicited your anecdotal history lesson & inferences of socialism.

I line item veto-ed your objections which Jemborg found to be a social faux paux (I might debate, but not here).

Yet, you defend your ID with such id & on the Sony PSN on your PS3 with such fervor, but belittle my label & character. Quite contradictory behavior.

Although your appellation bears no characteristics to your persona whatsoever, your typing skills & tone are a smorgasbord for thought. Let's just say I take it your an extremely hard-core left wing conservative, yes? This is not a bad thing... it'll just clear up several misconceptions.

And although you have asked no questions here, don't take the piss when you get answers that you need as apposed to the answers that you want. I've had a lifetime full of them and they don't get any easier.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 21 Apr 2011 @ 12:21

6921.4.2011 12:38

I'm sorry man, LordRuss just struck me as a snobby, think highly of himself/herself sort of person, without going any further... And now your ramblings confirmed so, this comes from a person without deductions too :P

Dude, you do think highly of yourself, stop denying that.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 21 Apr 2011 @ 12:40

7021.4.2011 12:41

You call a baffing rambling rant "Battle stations" roflmao... I'm sure it made sense to you though. :D

Are you confusing me with LordRuss or something? The first half of post #66 was directed to him concerning his confusion (post #60) over post #59 which was written in response to hk2's post #58.

The hyperbole about the PSN (yet again *yawn*) is rendered mute as they obviously seem to agree with you on some level. See the main article. Did they bugger up your user ID?

As for your comment PSN = Human Being, your words, not mines. Your lordship think of yourself too high, get your butt down and find me evidence that I came up with that statement. My comments may have made you came to that implication, but who's fault is that?
I'm afraid it's yours...

How's that ridiculous?... blah blah...American civil war... blah blah...slavery...blah blah... I find it ridiculous that people talked about greed and righteousness when they can't distinguish "material objects" and "human beings."
...and judging from the rest of your last tirade it's pretty plain you can't make that distinction either...

The point being, it's the passion human beings transfer to that defines what's to be treasured or loved. This has been in all of us since the beginning of time, animate or inanimate, it doesn't matter.
You're not one of those dudes that do it with furniture are you?
http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2009/10/i-had-sex-with-furniture-the-nsfw-fleshlight-motion-review/
:P

EDIT:
Now you're just being a hypocrite.

@ LordRuss Not sure what faux pas you're referring to. Just to be certain, let me make this clear.. I have no issue with you.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 21 Apr 2011 @ 1:06

7121.4.2011 13:17

I'm sorry man, LordRuss just struck me as a snobby, think highly of himself/herself sort of person, without going any further... And now your ramblings confirmed so, this comes from a person without deductions too :P

For the love of whatever deity you profess... Your eye for the obvious has been duly noted and recorded for historians and children to chant thru the ages.

What is this, four, five times now? Russ is masculine, unless you want to start another childish brouhaha there...

My ego and it's legendary ends (or lack there of) has not been established (tee-hee, f-ing giggle)

Make your statement clean... stop while you're ahead. I have already claimed whatever egocentricity I need & no longer need to serve as your #$*&% home entertainment center.

It's obvious you're still an adolescent if you can't simple make a statement and then break free. You still have to make a comment demanding a follow up retort. It's just like my kids... A perpetual, incessant "need" to be right.

Wasn't this a forum about a bunch of guys screwing consumers wrongly instead of targeting Sony?

7221.4.2011 13:31

No, I don't need to be right, I need to unsubscribe :) No new info I can learn here and LordRuss, stop throwing "intellectual" words like running water.

Oh Jemborg, good day to you too (coming from a hypocrite without deduction)

7321.4.2011 13:32

No, I don't need to be right, I need to unsubscribe :) No new info I can learn here and LordRuss, stop throwing "intellectual" words like running water.

7421.4.2011 13:48

My ego and it's legendary ends (or lack there of) has not been established (tee-hee, f-ing giggle)
That's right!

Besides, a healthy ego never hurt anyone's success... on the contrary.

Laughable that that lame insult should come from someone with the attention span of a goldfish.

=======================================================================
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 21 Apr 2011 @ 2:03

7521.4.2011 13:49

OK, so we'll all just throw out random made-up facts and conjuncture (oh sorry, too many syllables?), place false blame and jail innocents. I'll just go ahead & dumb down my forum scripts just for 'you' cause 'you' said so...

and still the school yard jibes... please, go to the pub and open a good debate. It's healthy. Anonymous will be back in the news next week I'm sure...

7621.4.2011 13:59

You tripped up on your grammar badly, hoho.

Mate, I could totally understand it if you had not succumbed to hubris and had a low opinion of yourself. LOL

7721.4.2011 17:04

Hubris... ouch... I had to look that one up. What I would have given for a more regimented, classical education.

Even the learned can be taught.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 21 Apr 2011 @ 5:05

7821.4.2011 17:36

I make it a point to look up every word I am not familiar with too. Can't understand people that don't want to keep learning their own language.

The odd thing is that once I hear/read a new word/expression I hear/read it again fairly soon. Know what I mean?

Hubris is not that uncommon a word, for instance.

I can be succinct but I am not too good with metaphor to my chagrin... nevermind.

Regards.

7922.4.2011 03:46
iHiCkSeYx__O
Unverified new user

you say you dont want to effect sony customors well bring PSN back up and everyone shall be happy.... then if u really have to think of a way to spite sony without causing any problems to us such as bringing psn down again!

8022.4.2011 04:09

Originally posted by iHiCkSeYx__O:
you say you dont want to effect sony customors well bring PSN back up and everyone shall be happy.... then if u really have to think of a way to spite sony without causing any problems to us such as bringing psn down again!
I read here that Anon is not responsible this time.

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads (16 Mar 2024 4:31)
VLC Media Player, the versatile video-software powerhouse, has achieved a remarkable feat: it has been downloaded over 5 billion times.
1 user comment
Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit (19 Dec 2023 11:09)
Google settled its lawsuit in September 2023, and one of the settlement terms was that the way applications are installed on Android from outside the Google Play Store must become simpler. In the future, installing APK files will be easier.
8 user comments
Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets (06 Jun 2023 9:19)
Roomba Combo j7+ is the very first Roomba model to combine robot vacuum with mopping features. And Roomba Combo j7+ does all that with a very clever trick, which tackles the problem with mopping and carpets. But is it any good? We found out.
Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations (02 May 2023 3:38)
Neato Robotics has ceased its operations. American robot vacuum pioneer founded in 2005 has finally called it quits and company will cease its operations and sales. Only a skeleton crew will remain who will keep the servers running until 2028.
5 user comments
How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp (20 Mar 2023 1:25)
The world's most popular messaging platform, Meta-owned WhatsApp has enabled sending messages to yourself. While at first, this might seem like an odd feature, it can be very useful in a lot of situations. ....
18 user comments

News archive