1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using isobuster and mainconcept to burn to dvd

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by choke70, Oct 8, 2006.

1. choke70

choke70 Guest

what settings do i use in tpmgenc when i use isobuster and mainconcept

2. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

If you use Mainconcept, you do not need TMPGEnc. They are both mpeg-2 encoders unless if you mean TMPGEnc DVD Author...

I am not sure what you are trying to do. If you want to rip a DVD with ISOBuster, you will need something like AnyDVD unless it is a home movie or something. Are you trying to encode on the fly from the disc?? That may not be wise because the DVD will read at a much slower speed than your HDD. Rip to your HDD first using something like DVD Decrypter, DVDFab, etc...

3. choke70

choke70 Guest

i am trying to encode and burn files from my pc to dvd.i usually use tpmgenc and ifo edit which works really well but this method takes a couple of days.i was looking for a faster way to do this without loosing video quality.i tried to follow the guides using avi2dvd and isobuster but i am having no luck.if you have any suggestions on a better way,i would greatly appreiciate it.thank you in advance.

choke70

4. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

If you have Mainconcept, that is the way to go. It does very high quality and is about 12x faster than TMPGEnc. However, there is a problem with the 2-pass encoding method, so 1-pass VBR should be used. I brought it up to Mainconcept and they told me that a new version will come out that addresses this issue.

I am working on a guide for encoding avi/mkv/ogm/etc... to DVD. The main software used that is paid is:

Mainconcept
    Sony Vegas

You can create DD 5.1 with freeware, but I would guess the quality would be less than Vegas. I think Foobar and Besweet can both do it and probably some others.

Here is a link to the partial (incomplete) guide [approx 10MB]:

http://rapidshare.de/files/35551314/completeguide.pdf.html

Use the bookmarks in Adobe to browse to topics quickly.

If you have any questions, let me know and I will try my best to answer them. When you get to the encoder settings, you will see that I set Noise Sensitivity to 5. The reason is that I was encoding Anime which has little noise. If you are encoding real stuff, use a higher value like 10 - 12.

5. choke70

choke70 Guest

I tried the settings that you gave me and it works great.The only problem i have is that i use ifo edit to make video ts folders so i can burn with nero.mainconcept only gives me the video compliant but not the audio.when i change the settings to elementary video and audio the audio portion has no sound at all.what can i do to correct this problem.thanks again in advance.

choke70

6. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

Are you getting .WAV audio? Does the audio file work on the PC?

If it works on the PC, then encode the audio to AC3 using Besweet or another freeware AC3 encoder. For Stereo, you want 192 kbps.

Also, if you do not want AC3, rather than using Elementary Audio and encoding to wave, you can use elementary audio and try mpeg audio. I think it is the default audio when you choose to encode the audio.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2006