1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best DVD VOB to AVI DIVX Software?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by newbie234, Oct 12, 2006.

1. newbie234

newbie234 Regular member

hey,

i want to put some cartoon episodes off dvd's onto my computer in avi format.

what is the best program for doing that?

thanks

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Please note that is the "best", not the "best + user firiendly" software.

1) Extract the movie (which I'll call 'VOB set')
    2) Use DVD2AVI (or, better DVD2AVIDG) to extract a D2V from the VOB set (and, if a MP3 audio is needed, extracting also the audio [Menu Audio_Output Mode_Decode to WAV] with A/V delay =0 from the desired track [menu Audio__Track Number)
    3) Compress WAV --> MP3 CBR with HeadAC3he (you can use the preset Alt CBR, which will create a MP3 128 kbps CBR). Otherwise, you can make WAV --> AC3 1+1 with FFMPEG GUI (you can use the dafault 192 kbps, but even 128 kbps is acceptable, like for MP3 audio. It depends on the movie's type.
    4) Install AVIREader Codec
    5) Load the D2V with VirtualDubMod to load the video part
    6) make Stream___Stream list__Add to add the desired MP3 audio.

VirtualDubMod's filter settings can be read from our \guides page (I use VirtualDubMod bacause ut also loads MP3 or AC3 instead of being forced to create a 'fake WAV' with CDEx so VirtualDub can load the WAV file). Aparte that, filter's settings are identical.

If you want to determine which Track is the desired language, just open the IFO corresponding to the VOB set with ReJig.
    With ReJig you can also extract, if you with, the desired audio track in the AC3 form with 'zero delay', if you wish.
    If you do so, you'll have to add an AC3 audio instead of a MP3 audio.

But careful, this the "best" and will create an extremally good AVI; is NOT a the most user-friendly way to do.
    Maybe someone else can suggest you a litttle more, about that. I did not look for an 'easy way' but a 'very good way', only.

3. collarme

collarme Regular member

Or you could use Mpeg Mediator SE http://www.divxland.org/software.php (near the bottom of the page). You simply select the VOBset (which you should have on the HDD), choose your plugins, and convert. It's quick too.

4. milamilou

milamilou Guest

or you can use winavi video converter

5. cooldim

cooldim Guest

spam edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2008