1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protective DVD/CD Spray

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Sentagram, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Sentagram

Sentagram Member

Hello everyone here at Afterdawn, I have recently been looking for a Place in North America that sells an Ink Jet Printable DVD/CD Protective Spray that I can use on my home made DVD's to keep them safe from environment and handling but I find this to be Hard so I am asking the community here at Afterdawn if they may Know of a Place. Thank you for any help.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  2. teflonmyk

teflonmyk Regular member

Patricia Nomick's Acrylic Sealer is sold at Wal-Mart in the Arts & Crafts section. It is used to preserve inkjet prints. I have been using it well over a year on my inkjet printable DVDs with no adverse effects. Coat lightly and let dry about 3 hours... Costs just under $5 a can. One can should do hundreds (150 - 200) of discs easily.

3. Sentagram

Sentagram Member

Thank you for your responce teflonmyk. I will check my Local Walmart for that product. Is that product going to prevent bleeds due to cleaning the Discs Bottom reading surface as I somtimes have to do and will it be water resistent?. Thank you again

4. Sentagram

Sentagram Member

I now have acrylic sealer but I was unable to find the one you specified
    and have some concerns on how to apply this to my DVD's without getting it onto the reading surface of the Disk. I first tried to apply it on two DVD's as they lay with the reading surface flat on a dry cloth and found that I have issues playing one while the other plays fine on most of my players The Second method I tried was to apply the Spray as I foat the DVD in water and then quickly remove after I spay the Disk and found that it leaves a visible sticky film on the DVD. Have you got any suggetions on how to apply this stuff more evenly and uniformely without getting any on the reading suface of the DVD. THANK YOU