1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Midi to mp3

Discussion in 'Audio' started by jacka$$, Oct 17, 2006.

1. jacka$$

jacka$$ Member

i would like to convert "mid" file to "mp3", what software do you recomend? the reason is i downloaded some halloween sounds and they cam in mid file and nero cant burn them.

2. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

I Googled "MID to MP3 converter" and came up with tons of software, though none of it is free. Try the Loopsoft one; it looks like it may be not be a crippled version. Maybe there is another freeware or open source converter out there.

http://www.midi-to-mp3.com/

3. jacka$$

jacka$$ Member

thanks, i know, there were so many to try and i didnt know witch one was better, i just tried that mid to mp3 and it work great, it even lets me chose in witch format (wma,wav & mp3) to save it in, thank-you very much for your help.

4. jacka$$

jacka$$ Member

opps im getting my thoughts mixed up, mid to mp3 is great, i then used acustica to mix it with and thats the one that lets me sve in other formats, sorry for that mix up.

5. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

One thing: I always recommend to people to save in RAW WAV format. It's the best quality you can get. MP3 is compromised quality so you can get smaller file sizes. I'd rip my originals to WAV and save them on a DVD (see my sig about media quality) and then batch-convert to MP3 or whatever. MP3 will eventually be a thing of the past and the only worse thing that using a compromised-quality format is converting such a format to yet another one.