1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

asrock 939Dual --VS-- DFI NF3-U-D (939)

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by ZippyDSM, Oct 18, 2006.

1. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

ASrock 939dual-vsta
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813157097

DFI NSF3 Ultra D
    http://www.dfi.com.tw/Product/xx_pr....jsp?PRODUCT_ID=3160&CATEGORY_TYPE=LP&SITE=US
    ------------------

This not a Vs thread presay I am at a loss as to what to do with my computer,Half my ramm hates the DFI and I have a AGP vid card a 6800 BFG GT OC

This is my ramm
    Ramm
    512 333 cosir value (DFI hates it)
    2X 256 400 hyunda
    512 433 Infereon (DFI hates it)

Bascily to go 2GB of ramm is 150-250$$

SO I could go with the Asrock but is good enough to run acouple years for gaming. and then go PCI E vid card wise then go for another 3ish years,while I upgrade it slowly I could add better ramm.

Or I could stick with the DFI board (I paid 129 this year for it this year) and upgrade the ramm then in the next 2 years upgrade the vid card to a GF 7XXX AGP .I know that roughly PCI E is faster and cheaper,sicne a 76XX PCI E is 10-20% faster than what I have now .

2. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

dude i was in the same position(how do you spell that? i must need sleep!) last month(sort of) happy with my agp set up but i wanted a newer gcard. long story short for the same price as a good agp card i could get a better mobo and the same gcard but pci-e(7600gt) i think you would be better doing the same and selling that card before everyone else drops agp and you cant sell it.

just i.m.h.o. hope this helps

Last edited: Oct 18, 2006
  3. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

somehow I just got both UN WORKING ramm in the board running at 333 dual channle and it seems stable..I am totaly confused....
    LOL

4. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

This is my ramm
    Ramm
    512 333 cosir value (DFI hates it)
    2X 256 400 hyunda
    512 433 Infereon (DFI hates it)

So my mobo DFI NF3 Ultra D now runs 1GB of ramm in slot 3 and 4..it seems the ramm hates to be run in a single config meaning 1 in slot 1 and 1 in slot 3 yet in a dual channel config they rn fine at 333 and 400 MHZ with slighter higher timmings to offset the diffrance in them...thiy has me floored because I tried this is slot 1 and 2 didn't work thought the ram didn't like the mobo end of story...

even the knowledgeable people at the DFI forums said they would notrun I am like
    1.I am good
    2.this mother fcker mobo is messing with me
    3.lucky bastard

or 4
    the lucky motherfcking bastard with a computer than likes head games.....why cant I have a GF that likes "head games" ;_;
    why cant I have a GF at all.....wwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
    >>

so I put in my 2X 256 400 hyunda and now I am running 1.5GB of ramm stable and responsive, 2.5,3,3,6 10 T2 at 16 idle

3dmark has shown a drop of 10 points but I still above 11 thousand I have bench tested burned in this new config...I am still confused....but happy? 0_o