1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BFG 7600GT no video signal

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by mesman21, Oct 25, 2006.

1. mesman21

mesman21 Member

Hey guys my brother is putting together a new computer and was having some trouble with it. I'm not sure what is wrong so if anyone could help me out that would be great.

Basically, he put everything together (looks right 2 me) and fired it up and there is no video signal from the card. The card has 2 DVI outputs, and a converter 2 VGA. Since he has a CRT, he obviously has to use the VGA adapter. My only thought is that a CRT wont work with this set up. Also does it matter which DVI port he plugs into? It is brand new so he has no way of editing drivers or even entering the bios since he has no video signal. The cooling fan on the card does spin when turned on however. Any help would be really appreciated.

His system specs
    ECS KN1 Lite 1.0A mobo (bought OEM)
    Athlon 64 3700+
    BFG 7600GT oc
    Ultra 400W psu
    160g SATA drive
    16x DVD drive

2. mesman21

mesman21 Member

Correction I my mobo is acctually a:

ECS NFORCE4-A939 (1.0) Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4

Is it possible that this board only works with .13 chips and not .09?

3. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

it could just be a dodgy adaptor. does the mobo have onboard graphics(im too lazy to look for myself) and ifso is it turned off and is the bios then set to use the pci-e as the primary display