1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

super dell

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Hankster, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Hankster

Hankster Guest

I just purchased a Dell 510 MB OHJO54 chipset I945G PROS D 820 @ 2800MHZ ram 2g sd is it possible to OC this PC and if so where should I start

2. elokito

elokito Regular member

its sure is u could bump it up 4ghz assuming it is a pentium d 820 those r have lots of overclocking potential also a prblm u had a bout ure hd when u moved the hd make sure the jumpers on the back are cable select or slave

3. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

dell mobos tend to suck @ocing, but those cpus have a good rep. somthing like clockgen will help as your bios wont.

ask in the overclocking thread (its a sticky) at the top of the threads list.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2006
  4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

A question here, totally off topic. Is it the norm now, for folks to type this "text speak" junk, or whatever it is called?

And, since tone inflections aren't present in the written word, I am just asking. I don't like it but am just wondering what the norm is.

5. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

they have started to creep into the english dictionarys if thats anything to go by??

i use it somtimes if i feel lazy

u no wot i meen?
    lol
    :)

6. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I'm with you on this one GranpaBW, I hate this freakin' text talk, really hard to comprehend. I never reply to anyone who abbreviates. The OED is letting anything in at the moment, really sad for the English language.

Then again, I haven't been here for ages.........

Last edited: Oct 28, 2006
  7. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

LOL, marsey.

Hi Pulsar! Good to see you post. I don't get here much either, and it seems more of that text speak language has infiltrated the AD forums. I guess that I just don't understand why folks can't do a few extra clicks on the keyboard to get an understandable message across, especially if they are asking for help.

Some of us older folks do often times have answers to questions, believe it or not. :)