1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Increase volume of VOBs

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by KevetS, Oct 28, 2006.

1. KevetS

KevetS Guest

I have VOB files on my PC of my daughter that I would like to burn to DVD. I have tried it and while the video quality is fine, the audio is very quiet. I'd like to know if there is any simple S/W out there that will allow me to increase the volume. Basically, VOB to VOB with ability to increase audio volume.

I have tried VirtualDub-MPEG2. It looks like it should do what I want, but I keep getting an error:

'The source video stream uses a compression algorithm which is not compatible with AVI files. Direct stream copy cannot be used with this video stream.'

I don't want to convert to AVI, so it looks as if I'm doing something wrong.

Any help much appreciated.

Steve

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I would love a program that would increase the volume of the audio channel! I haven't come across one yet that will do it. Some audio channels of DVDs are low..... I just turn up the volume. I don't see anything simple to use that would allow us set volume highs and lows.

3. Fiji5555

Fiji5555 Member

This is how I do it but not all programs are free. Use AVI-MUX GUI to strip sound from video and save video only part........Use EASY VIDEO TO AUDIO CONVERTER to obtain sound track from original video. Open COOL EDIT PRO and adjust sound as needed and save as MP3. Use AVI-MUX GUI to join the video and new sound track together. There are free programs similar to EASY VIDEO TO AUDIO CONVERTER and you can probably use AUDACITY instead of COOL EDIT PRO. Also do a search on this website as I see various ways to split the video and audio files on here.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_encoders/avi-mux_gui.cfm
    http://www.gold-software.com/EasyVideotoAudioConverter-review19212.htm
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_software/audio_tools/audacity.cfm

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

ok..... yeah..... I see....... very easy, lemon squeezie! right..... just what I wanted to do! Now if you can make a program that does all that into one! then maybe I'll do it! other wise..... RipIt4Me, AnyDVD + CloneDVD2, DVDRebuilder with CCE/ProCoder2, DVDRemake Pro, Nero, and all the VSO programs for me! I'll settle on turning up the volume! My surround sound is really really nice!

5. Fiji5555

Fiji5555 Member

lol well it's not all THAT hard now is it? Sorry if it requires some thought and effort. Hope this helps KevetS out then.

6. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

well...... I've been doing DVDs for ages now and have done many! I just don't seee it viable to do all that extra work to get the volume louder. I'll wait for a program that will do it all in one and keep quality high! something with a wizard one step type of free ware, please! LOL like that will ever happen. LOL

7. KevetS

KevetS Guest

Thanks guys, I appreciate your help.

I was hoping for a simple (and free) solution ;-)

Fiji5555, I'll check those links. The problem VOB is only a short segment (about 6 or 7 mins), so probably not be worth the hassle.

Thanks again,

Steve

8. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

hey don't let me stop you from learning what you can do with DVDs...... just because it might not be for me doesn't mean that it's not good for you!!! to each their own and one day it might very well come in handy and be well worth it! Now I feel bad for influencing you on what might be something of importance to you!

9. Galbin

Galbin Guest

ConvertXtoDVD has a nifty option to adjust the volume of the output file. You'd still have to experiment with each individual input file, but it's only one step for each file.