1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to transfer custom ringtones onto my SLVR L7 phone: HOW, TELL ME??????????

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by biggun101, Oct 29, 2006.

1. biggun101

biggun101 Member

hi, yeah i got a slvr L7 and really want to put some ringtones onto it. I downloaded MP3 TO RINGTONE: GOLD and made my ringtone, its about 35 seconds long. Anywho, now I want to put it onto my phone so that I can set it for ringtone use. So, can anyone help me out wid this lil problem I got??? Oh yeah, once I do it where on my phone should it be.

P.S._ don't mention bluetooth, the phone has bluetooth, but i can't use it because the comp. Im on doesn't have it. I am using the usb cable that came w/the phone. SKNATH!!!

2. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

1) Welcome aboard.
    2)Try not to post in caps... (Auslander will kill you ^_^)
    3)The answer to your question is in my tutorial, Which can be found at the link in my sig.

3. Silver961

Silver961 Member

if you have a friend with a phone with data transfering capabilities. He can transfer it to his phone, and then bluetooth it to you. Thats what i have done with my friends Moto v360 (t-mobile) he just transfers the songs/pics/games i want.

4. maddog920

maddog920 Member

my computer never confirms that there is "1 device connected"...i d/l both the software but it isnt showing up that the phone is connected when in fact my phone is connected to the computer via USB

5. aclark13

aclark13 Member

ok I looked in the UID manual on how to install the drivers etc, and it worked. i got it to say 1 device connected, but P2KTools wont detect the phone now, i click refresh and it says no phone, i click connect it says no phone.

can you help me out here?

thanks

aaron

Last edited: Oct 30, 2006
  6. aclark13

aclark13 Member

Sorry for the double post, but I found this just now and thought it was worth sharing.

This way is MUCH easier and takes about 2 min tops.

http://forums.cingular.com/cng/board/message?board.id=motorola&message.id=51093

I believe this works with most the newer Motorola phones, Slvr, Rokr, maybe Razr. Give it a try, what do you have to lose.

7. biggun101

biggun101 Member

YES, thank you, this is exactly what i needed, works just fine. THANKS!!!!!!!!!

8. madkatz1

madkatz1 Guest

aclark13...you rock with those instructions! I have been searching all forums & googled everything related to 'custom ringtones on SLVR L7'. I must say it was mighty confusing trying to sort through all the info, what to dl, how to do it. I have spent countless hours!Nothing seemed to work! Eventually, when I got to your posted instructions, I thought they might be useful, printed them out and followed them to a T. It worked and I didn't spend a dime. I am now a happy original ringtonizer!
    One question I have... my ringtone is 40 bit rate. You mention to save it as a 64 mono file. What program did you use to decrease it? For example, most of my mp3's are 128 to 320. I used Audacity to shrink the mp3 but I don't remember if they gave me an option for a 64 bit rate.
    Bottom line: is there a real noticable quality issue from 40 to 64?
    Ty,ty,ty for all your great, reliable information - I was going insane trying to get custom tones for my SLVR.

9. aclark13

aclark13 Member

I use Audacity to cut the files, and then I compress them to 64 bit mono with RazorLame. If you need anymore help just let me know, and I'll do my best.

10. Demitri1

Demitri1 Member

Hey aclark13, I got this ring tone studio and im trying to transfer the ring tone that i just made so that way I have a tone that I like, and i even tried some of the things listed in messages above, but im still having no luck, think you can help? thanks bro if you got an idea

11. stellax

stellax Member

How is step #1 done?