1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slight pausing every few seconds, please help!

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by dazman37, Oct 31, 2006.

1. dazman37

dazman37 Member

hi

am a newbie so hope this makes sense
    really hope some kind soul out there can help me, i have recently installed Nero i think the version is 4.3.20.1?

i have managed to burn an avi file to dvd and it does play but i notice the playback has a slight pause every few seconds, can someone tell me how to cure this?

many thanks

D

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi dazman37
    The latest version of Vision is 4.7.0.9 included in the latest version 7.5.7.0. You can try updating to that version.
    http://ww2.nero.com/nero7/enu/nero7-up.php

How about the media you are using? Can be a cause of poorer quality media. Use the good stuff like Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden, made in Japan Sony, Fuji (usually made by Taiyo) or made in Japan Maxell.

Burn speed? High burn speeds may cause playback back problems. Try burning at 1/2 the rated speed of the media.

Burner's firmware update to date? In Nero you can check which version you have. Go to ToolKit>InfoTool>Drive tab. There is a field there for the firmware version. You can check the drive manufacturer's site or here http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_search.php to see if there is a later version.

AVI file play back fine on the PC?

3. dazman37

dazman37 Member

hi
    I recently bought Nero and the version i have is burning rom 7.5.1.1 and nero vision 4.7.0.7

i have tried to update it up via auto update but it says cannot update need to do it manually, i downloaded the file you suggested and run it but it still does not update my software

The dvds i use are verbatim ones an i burn at the slowest selectable speed which is X4

I have just updated the firmware of my LG DVD gsa4136to 1.06a as it was 1.02A and still have the problem :eek:(

the avi files work fine on my hard drive

please help

4. binkie7

Ok - try playing this disc back in the pc or another player & see if the problem is there too...

When using NeroVision in the last screen under recorder setting have 'use burn at once' turned off if it is checked. let Nero create the file then burn. It will delete the file when done.

Keep as much memory free when using Nero - no multitasking and close any unneeded programs.
    I would do a disc cleanup and system defrag too if you haven't recently. May not help the problem but good to do on a regular basis.

Another option is to try another program like WinAVI or ConvertXtoDVD. Both have free trials but may leave a watermark on the trial version.
    You can download them from here:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_encoders/index4.cfm
    You can then burn those files w/ Nero Burning Rom Or Express.

Give those a go and let us know.

5. dazman37

dazman37 Member

i downloaded Winavi and selected convert to dvd then used nero and got perfect playback :eek:)

however what i want to do is creat my own menus for several movies so i tried to convert the files from avi to mpeg using win avi

however i then tried convert to Mpeg then used Nero vision but i am still getting the slight pause problem about every 3 seconds :eek:(

6. binkie7

Hmmm sounds like the problem is w/ Nero.

Have you tried any others in Visions or just this one? May be something w/ the file itself nero doesn't like.

What do you have you DVD_video option's set to in Vision? Go to More>default video options>dvd video tab.

7. dazman37

dazman37 Member

Hi
    I have tried a couple of other video files and have the same problem :eek:(

my dvd video options are as follows

Quality settings- High
    Sample format- Automatic
    Encoding mode- High Quality (2pass VBR)
    Aspect Automatic
    Audio - Automatic

you really notice the slight pausing when the camera pans

hope this helps.

8. binkie7

You settings there are good. If you had the quality set to like extended, long might have been a cause since a lower bit rare is used and quality can go down.

The only suggestions I can offer is uninstall Nero, run the CleanTool, reboot, run a registry cleaner like ccleaner . Use the cleaner and issues options. Then install Nero. This may not do the trick for Nero but might be worth a shot.

Last one is to contact Nero support since this looks like a Nero problem. WinAVI transcodes the files fine w/o this problem. Hate giving that opinion but running slim on any other possibilities.
    You may need to attach a Vision log. Nero doesn't automatically save the Vision log - only the burn piece. So if you saved one when prompted include it.

Keep us posted if you keep this sorted!

Good Luck

9. dazman37

dazman37 Member

i contacted nero but have still not heard anything,does not give me great confidence.

Searching the net i notice that several other people have had this problem but i have so far been unable to find a solution :eek:(