1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEC ND-1000A only +RW dvd burner??

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by ludedude, Jul 12, 2003.

1. ludedude

ludedude Member

I got a NEC ND-1000A dvd burner and cannot find any info on it anywhere. From what I gather from reading here it's only uses +RW's. Please tell me I can burn dvd r's. I bought a pack of dvd+r's and screwed one up trying to burn. Why would they only burn dvd rw's and not dvd r's? Is if this is true is there any way to make it burn to dvd r's??

What good it this burner? Can home dvd players play dvd rw's?

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

They do burn +R and +RW. You must be doing something wrong in the burning process or else you bought really cheap media. havfe a look at the Record Now Max and Nero User guide on this website. Click on the user guides section:

http://www.chrismccann.co.uk

Chris

3. ludedude

ludedude Member

I am using Optimum brand DVD +R media

other info on media is RW with DVD+R written under it Data 4.7GB Video 120 MIN. I have nero set to the correct burner and selected the proper media selection with nero's red mark in the 4500MB mark.

I am using nero burning rom 5.5.10.7.

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Try updating to Nero 5.5.10.42

5. ludedude

ludedude Member

It must be working now for some reason the session was left open. I had it set for finalize no further writing possible. Don't ask what happened cause i have no idea. I added 1 mp3 wrote it and said completed successfuly and the other 1130 files appeared. My next quest will be dvd duplication. he he.

6. welshwzrd

welshwzrd Guest

Hi I had the NEC ND-1000A and it to only burned DVDrw disks i took it back to pc world where it was bought from and the exchanged it for a NEC ND-1100A.
    I dont Know why it would not burn dvd disks but it would not, i too did all the right things.
    I would say take it back and see if you can exchange it for the Nec ND-1100A as some of the ND1000A and ND1100A are the same check to see.

7. welshwzrd

welshwzrd Guest

Hi I had the NEC ND-1000A and it to only burned DVDrw disks i took it back to pc world where it was bought from and the exchanged it for a NEC ND-1100A.
    I dont Know why it would not burn dvd disks but it would not, i too did all the right things.
    I would say take it back and see if you can exchange it for the Nec ND-1100A as some of the ND1000A and ND1100A are the same check to see.

8. ludedude

ludedude Member

I reinstalled an oem version of nero and it now burns all formats fine. The bundeled one that came with my cd writer was the problem even though it would recognize the drive and read disks it still would not burn dvd+ r's until this was resolved by upgrading to oem. I am currently using Nero 5,5, 10, 7.

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

You should probably upgrade to 5.5.10.42 anyway.