1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ripping and backing up xbox games?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by brandonba, Jul 14, 2003.

1. brandonba

brandonba Regular member

can i just rip a xbox game that i own, then burn it like a dvd or ps1 game?

2. Matador

Matador Regular member

Yes you can backup a game but you will need to have a mod chip or one of Free-X exploits installed on ur system..Once you have evox running use a File Manager program such as{Xcommander,xToolBox,ect..} Copy to xbox HDD then FTP and get files to PC. Build and xISO with a Xbox Iso Maker can't use other non-xbox iso makers to build an image, then burn iso with favorite burning software..

Last edited: Jul 15, 2003
  3. FrEnZy

FrEnZy Member

Here is a simply put examples of how it works to backup ur original games:

The 12 steps to backing up xbox games:

1. buy a mod-chip like xecutor 2 pro and solder it onto ur xbox.
    2. download a version of evolutionx or evox
    3. once u find evox burn it onto a cd/rw and run it onto xbox
    4. now the evox should auto-load and show a install procedure or menu of evox.
    5. you'll now need a PC with a network card with RJ45 slot, similar to that of xbox and plug each end of RJ45 Cable to the ends of xbox and the PC.your Pc should detect that its been installed and show an activity.
    6. set up your network connection of local area connection and go to properties to find a option called TCP/IP and enter the properties to edit the settings required to communicate to your xbox.
    7. once you set the IP manually on the Pc then go to the xbox and in the settings, do manual settings of the gateway address to match the IP of the PC ALSO make sure that both xbox and PC dont hav the same IP address.
    8. enter a FTP program on you PC and type the IP address of that of xbox, set the user name and passord to xbox and leave port at 21 and connect.

here is a example of my PC settings on my network card, local area connection:

IP Address: 192.168.1.1
    Subnet: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway:
    (my gateway is blank).

on my xbox:
    IP address: 192.168.1.2
    subnet: 255.255.255.0
    gateway: 192.168.1.1
    (my xbox gateway matches that of my PC IP address)

to connect to your xbox without a FTP manager:
    in internet explorer type (replace that is similar):
    ftp://xbox:xbox@192.168.1.2
    ftp://user:password@IP address of xbox

9. once your inside the xbox system copy the games that u own onto ur HDD in a separate folder.
    10. download XISO maker similar to GDFImage and make the ISO of that folder to make that games ISO.
    11. use a burnin software such as Nero or record now and burn with DAO, closed, mode 1 with no joliet.
    12. once burn't the game, you can keep the ISO for storage incase backup gets damaged. try it on your xbox and it should boot fine.

good luck; you'll need it cuz its a looong procedure ;)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2003