1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK online copyright protest,..Why ? because your breaking the law.

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Nov 16, 2006.

1. ireland

ireland Active member

FOR YE UK-ERS (Britons)

UK online copyright protest

p2pnet.net News:- Britons who own MP3 players which they've filled with copies of legally purchased CDs are breaking the law.

That's because "making this copy is itself illegal," says Open Rights Group executive director Suw Charman.

"Copyright law is out of step with this common behaviour which is seen by the majority as morally and ethically acceptable. The law should be changed to reflect new, fair uses of copyrighted materials."

If you're in a UK citzen, you have until the day after Christmas to join an online protest to petition prime minister Tony Blair to create a new exception to copyright law that gives individuals the right to create a private copy of copyrighted materials for their own personal use, including back-ups, archiving and shifting format.

Go here to add your name to the petition.
    http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/privatecopy/

(Cheers, Sarah)

Also See:
    BusinessWeek Online - Most European Firms Have No Vista Plans, November 15, 2006

(Thursday 16th November 2006)
    http://p2pnet.net/story/10453?PHPSESSID=f827acbfcbf7c6ad50bc9354dc72a9d3

Last edited: Nov 16, 2006
  2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

^_^

3. rav009

rav009 Active member

^^

4. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

I'll sign up, but regardless of whether or not Tony Blair agrees, I'll continue to rip my own MP3's.. I'm nine tracks off 23,000..

[bold]And if it is illegal, then why do Microsoft and Apple provide ripping facilities within their software??[/bold]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2006