1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK NTL BOX DESCRAMBLER PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by andyc311, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andyc311

andyc311 Guest

Hi, I have an NTL {chipped ) cable tv box with a descrambler which allows me to get most of the channels free but a couple of days ago it stopped working and left me with just the basics. I have heard that all of the NTL chipped boxes in the uk have gone down. Does anyone know anything about this?

2. Paul1985

Paul1985 Guest

Hi, yes my ntl box has gone down too, I have only 1 2 3 and 4 not even channel 5 none of the freeview or anything. Gutted

3. andyc311

andyc311 Guest

Yeah tell me about it, iv been trying to get hold of the bloke who installed it for me but as you might expect he's no where to be found. Let me know if you hear anything. Cheers

4. tec11

tec11 Member

hi
    thay have killed the cards

you will need to get new card
    thanks
    p

5. roger100

roger100 Guest

anyone know were i can get a card from

6. R.A.G.S

R.A.G.S Regular member

Hi Guys...thats what seems to have happened, I have been reading about getting a Card Programmer and doing it myself. Is there anyone on this site who has experience in doing this on this forum?...

ps I have heard they just erased the ATRs from the MOSC cards. It is possible to get new card and program a new card

7. badgerboy

badgerboy Member

Where do you get a hold of a new card?

8. tec11

tec11 Member

know one will ever post that on here even if thay do know
    thanks
    p

9. badgerboy

badgerboy Member

Fair enough then please tell me how you re-format the card or at least what programmes and gadgets are required to do this.

10. tec11

tec11 Member

has to be a new card

11. Paul1985

Paul1985 Guest

I've bought a dbox, but a mate of mine can re- programme the cards so there must be a way of doing it yourself, I'm not paying $50 even to a mate to get it done, if I can buy a card programmer and do it ma self. They sell card programmers for the satelite dragon cams and al of the other different cams so i dont see why they wont do one for cable, if any one knows where I can get one from then I'd gladly buy one and do them a card (or two). cheers

12. tec11

tec11 Member

about 50 uk pound on ebay then you still need the software + your box number people i know had to get a new card around 40 uk pound :)
    thanks
    p

13. badgerboy

badgerboy Member

I've heard of a programme called XNCS 1.8 which apparently can do this but I dont know if it works as I dont have a card reader

14. Paul1985

Paul1985 Guest

Can you actually re-programme old cards or do you have to aquire a new one, if this is the case then I can see it being non- profitable if I were to buy a programmer and do it my self. SOD IT! Dboxes all the way, at least you can re flash them using a pc and a crossover cable. ;)

15. tec11

tec11 Member

post your email on here and more people may give you more info

16. Paul1985

Paul1985 Guest

Hi tec, my add is i'manidiot.com edited by ddp. Thanks look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2006
  17. badgerboy

badgerboy Member

My email is: i'manidiot.com edited by ddp if anyone would like to help

Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  18. itfc_uk

itfc_uk Member

Hi..am looking for more info on the cards, whether they can be reprogrammed. Please email me with more info if you have any.
    regards
    Caz
    i'manidiot.com edited by ddp

Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  19. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

You guys SHOULD NOT post e-mail address in public forum. Thats asking to get spammed big time. Use the edit feature and take them out. If you want to pass info along in a more private manner use the PM (private message) feature to do that. It keeps your info private. I'm just trying to help keep your info private.

Jerry

20. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Stupid..stupid..stupid... This is theft and illegal. I hope none of these emails can be traced back to any computers or paid internet accounts...

Jerry.. I don't know why you warned them.. It's breaking the rules they have all agreed to, and apart from that it's blatant stupidity. Who knows who is watching?? I can see a moderator having a ban-fest in here..

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.