1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tcsd_win32.exe "memory cannot be written on" error

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by thor9978, Nov 22, 2006.

1. thor9978

thor9978 Member

Pleae excuse me if I have posted this in the wrong forum. I am looking for an answer to the question: What did I do in my life, or in my past one, to deserve this error prompt?

I keep getting a tcsd_win32.exe error when I shut down my Windows OS. I just bought a new Gateway Duo core 2.6ghz computer and the only thing I can think is the problem is either Windows it'sef, MS Office 2003, or firefox.

I personally think it's Office 2003 because I have that installed in my other computer and have firefox 1.0 installed in the older one instead of firefox v2.0 on the new Gateway. But, I also updated the Windows OS from the update site on the older computer not to long ago and I'm not sure if it's something with Windows or Office.

I ran Spysweeper, Adaware, Spybot, AVG Virus Detection, and McAfee to try and get this dam thing and it's still sticking around. I re-installed Windows three times on the new comp and can't bear a fourth to get this thing offa here.

PLIEASE SOMEONE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS RIGHT IN THE WORLD, PLEASE HELP ME..........

I have three 15 page term papers due at the end of this month and any help would be so appreciated. I want to make sure that my term papers dont mysteriously disappear before I hand it in.

2. flyboy62

flyboy62 Member

Hi - I do not have a solution.. but I have the same problem on my M90 dell ....

3. erombalsk

erombalsk Member

Me too, on a Dell M90. Anyone..., anyone..., Bueller

4. ireland

ireland Active member

DID a search came up with this,see if this helps

The free file information forum can help you find out if tcsd_win32.exe is a virus, trojan, spyware, adware which you can remove, or a file belonging to a Windows system or an application you can trust.

tcsd_win32.exe file information

The process belongs to the software NTRU Hybrid TSS v by NTRU Cryptosystems.

Description: File tcsd_win32.exe is located in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files". The file size on Windows XP is 180224 bytes.
    The program has no file description. The program is not visible. tcsd_win32.exe is not a Windows system file. The application can be uninstalled in the Control Panel. Program uses ports to connect to LAN or Internet. Therefore the technical security rating is 59% dangerous.

Important: Some malware camouflage themselves as tcsd_win32.exe, particularly if they are located in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder. Thus check the tcsd_win32.exe process on your pc whether it is pest. We recommend Security Task Manager for verifying your computer's security. It is one of the Top Download Picks of 2005 of The Washington Post and PC World.
    http://www.file.net/process/tcsd_win32.exe.html

and this
    Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

In the Run Command type msconfig. In the start up tab look for this file tcsd.. in thecolumn under the command. Uncheck the mark in front of it. Click apply and close the window

Update ur antivirus,
    Reboot ur system into the safe mode. Scan ur system. any file that comes up in the scanning delte that.. if that didnt come up look for the location of that file (whe nu are unchecking the box in the start up tab , u can note down its location.)
    Delete it from that location. (Use shift+del)

If u need the updated Antivirus u can get Norton 2005 SE free download from here
    www.i-search.co.in
    and also Lavasoft;s Famous antispyware Ad-aware.
    Best of Luck!!!

Source(s):
    www.i-search.co.in

and this
    http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/tcsd_win32/
    http://www.forums.dfwmiata.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=6306

5. erombalsk

erombalsk Member

Yeah, I've seen those references but it doesn't really provide a solution, per se. Just info on the file. I went to the website of the company (NTRU) and they don't have any support pages. The second option of just turning it off would work but it's part of security/encryption for some software on the M90 so I would like to get it working. Thanks for the help though.