AnyDVD dotn seem to like my computer

i usually use AnyDVD along with dvdshring then burn with Nero

is there a better way or an alternative to AnyDVD

What are the best programs to use

it dont matter what the price is as whatever it its worth it
▼▼ This topic has 10 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
i use dvd region + css free
i personally swear by DVDFab Decrypter (free, now up to 3.0.4.0) - http://www.dvdidle.com/free.htm and then DVD Shrink then i burn with Nero.

Also there's these methods that may help if you have some time to spare -

Arniebear's 'RipIt4Me..Quick Reference Guide' - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/360110

alkohol's 'Rip any DVDs with RipIt4Me + DVD Shrink + ImgBurn full guide for newbies' - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/422740
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 26 Nov 2006 @ 6:31

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***
you just beat me to it creaky, i was also going to post alkohols guide. lol. you can't go wrong with it.

If your not a little scared.....youre not riding hard enough!!!
i myself find that DVDFab Decrypter is all that's needed, very very rare i have to do anything else, apart from when i couldn't do 'The Break-Up' with DVDFab 3.0.3.5, i got it done in the end with 3.0.3.8 Beta.
We in the UK get most movies after ever bugger-else in the world, so all the encryption crap has generally been beaten by the time we get our movies/program updates

*edited for crap spelling/grammar*
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 26 Nov 2006 @ 7:53

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***
I agree with creaky. AnyDVD is a great program but it conflicted with other programs I had. So far dvdfab decrypter has been all that I needed as long as I had the newest version.
cntgifts Suspended due non-functional email address
im gettign dvdfab platnium
I've got DVDFAB 3.0.3.8 shareware version and it worked, but it didn't compress the movie, so at the moment I've got a 5.5 GB folder with the ripped movie but I can't put it in a 4 GB DVD.

How could I compress it? any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

bom bom
tell me you've heard of DVD Shrink ? :)

(there was a time we didn't need programs other than DVD Shrink as Shrink would bypass the encryptions AND do the shrinking, but these days we have to use the likes of DVDFab/AnyDVD etc to deal with the encryptions that Shrink can't, but we can then use DVD Shrink to do the shrinking)

Yes Creaky,

thanks, I've got it, I simply didn't notice that Shrink has the option to open a folder beside a disc,

I have shrunk the file by Shrink! :-))

Thks a lot!

bom bom
cool. absolutely, Shrink is still a fantastic program. DVDFab Decrypter (the free one) also has some nifty extra features it seems, but i'm too lazy to check them out)

This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.