1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to copy xbox games to dvd

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by turtle72, Nov 28, 2006.

1. turtle72

turtle72 Member

there is alot of info out there and I just get lossed, i have nero, imgburn, craxtion4,and clondxb, what is the easiest way to go about making sure that when you extract the data from the xbox to get the game to work, the closest i have come is created the iso, burned to dvd, displays there is a game but it won't play it. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

if you correctly compiled the xiso then any up to date burner firmware and burning software should do the trick.

kc

3. turtle72

turtle72 Member

I guess that is my problem then how dows one go about doing it correctly?

4. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

launch Qwix, select 'Create ISO', then tic the option 'Local Folder' then click the ...s at the end of that box to browse for the folder that contains the extracted files. lastly click the 'Create ISO' button and there ya have it.

kc

5. turtle72

turtle72 Member

ok so I created the iso burned to the dvd, loaded it in the xbox, detects that it is a game, hit the a button to load, screen comes up says please wait loading, then just comes back to the main screen again, it's driving me nuts

6. turtle72

turtle72 Member

does it matter that I'm using a sony dual/double layer dvd burner?

7. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

nope. seams you have some issues with the build of the ISO, there are either files missing or the defaultdash.xbe is incorrect

kc

8. turtle72

turtle72 Member

ok I got 1 game to work but the one having issue with now is mlb2k5 i take it there is no way of getting around that default xbe issue?

9. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

if you got the files in ISO format then the xbe should be the correct one, if it came in file format then it should have both xbes included and you just need to delete the one and rename the other prior to building the ISO.

kc

10. turtle72

turtle72 Member

what are the names of the xbe files that it should have there is dashupdate.xbe default.xbe, update.xbe

I used quix to create the iso directly from the xbox should i do it differently?

11. turtle72

turtle72 Member

would it be eaiser to rip it ot the xbox hd then create the iso from that? if so do you have to rename anything?

12. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

depending on the program you used to rip to the harddrive it patched the xbe file for harddrive use and it renamed the original, if memory servers me at the moment DVD2XBOX names it default.xbe.original or something to that nature.

kc

13. Nu2Mods

Nu2Mods Guest

i would use this to copy them to the hard drive and then use this to burn it

14. turtle72

turtle72 Member

I would also like to try and burn a iso that is a tad larger then the 4.7gb its the lateset tomb raider legend game any thoughts??

15. Nu2Mods

Nu2Mods Guest

the disc wont quite hold 4.7 its like 4.68 on most so anything bigger more than likely wont fit