1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant get XP to recog. my SONY TRV120 via IEEE

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by nitelife, Jul 25, 2003.

1. nitelife

nitelife Member

Hello,

Im trying to hook-up my SONY TRV120 to my new XP machine with no luck.

If I'm sitting in Device Mgr & plug up the IEEE connection, 'AV/C Subunit' pops up under Imaging Devices (with the yellow !).

If I try to reinstall the driver choosing 'Sony DV Camcorder', it says 'Cannot install this hardware - Data is invalid'.

Ive searched everywhere for a driver, but all Sony has on their site are USB drivers, nothing for IEEE.

First, is my TRV120 even compatible with XP? (it is about 3 yrs old),

Second, what else could be wrong?

Thanks for ANY help,

Gordon

2. uf2759

uf2759 Guest

If You have a IEEE1394 (firewire) connection your DC will came up automatic as a device under my computer, this device has no driver.
    I think you are using USB, USB & FW have 2 different connectors and differnt function.
    Urban /Sweden

3. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

Last time I hooked up a DV cam with firewire to XP it didn't see the camera due to the fact that XP installs the firewire port as a network device. See if this is your problem by opening the Network Properties and check the firewire port. Disable networking on the firewire port if it has.

Rgds,
    jnihil.

4. nitelife

nitelife Member

thanks jnihil -- i think im on the right track now. i went to network connections and both the lan AND 1394 were enabled. i chose 'disable' on the 1394, however, under status it still shows 'enabled'. if i goto device mangler, it has a red X over it like it truly is disabled. i still have the same problem when connecting the camcorder - 'AV/C Device' w/ a yellow ! pops up under imaging devices. if i try to update the driver, it says 'cannot install hardware for sony camcorder'.

any other thoughts?

thanks
    gordon

5. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

I don't use XP anymore (found it rather annoying) so I can't test anything here, sorry. When I did use it last, disabling the networking over firewire did solve the problem.

Comments, anyone?