1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pls How Do I Brighten A Video?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Guyy, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Guyy

Guyy Newbie

hi all,

i have a dark avi file and i wanna know how make a brightened version of the same video. what software can i use for this?

thnx

2. collarme

collarme Regular member

VirtualDub will do it. Load the avi into VDub and go to Video>Filters>Add and you'll see a long list of filters. Double click Brightness/ Contrast and move the Bightness slider a few notches to the right. Click OK, and OK again then select the 'Play' button in the bottom left hand corner (the one with a little zero on it- 3rd button along)- this will give a preview (in the right hand window) of what your video will look like after it's been processed. If it's too bright or still too dark go back into Filters and adjust and preview again. When you're happy with the result choose your video compression (Video>Compression) and select 'Direct Stream Copy' for your audio and File>Save as AVI to save your video. Depending on the speed of your computer this will take an hour or two.

3. Guyy

Guyy Newbie

thanks collarme. it did exactly what i wanted it to do. cheers.