1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading HD on Softmodded Xbox Tutorial

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by jonbtrini, Jun 22, 2005.

1. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I didn't insult you. However if you want help here you need to type properly.

2. otis1

otis1 Member

well im sorry i have a learning disabilty

3. Rapturer

Rapturer Member

You've got to use telnet to do chimp on a 1.6 xbox.

http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/xbox-tutorials-255.html

That explains how to do it.

A learning disability has no impact what so ever, on taking the time to write the word two, instead of 2.

4. otis1

otis1 Member

oh i thot he ment i was a bad speller i didn't know he meant like 2 instead of two
    sorry
    I'm a dumb ass ligily (i can't spell that last word good a nef for the sell checker LMAO)

but like i said before there is no telnet in my XP for some resin.
    i got it in my win 7 but it don't work it cant connect to the xbox or some thing (i don't know)

5. Swango

Swango Member

in response to the last four or five posts:

If you have a learning disability, how can you possibly expect to do any of the things posted on this site without learning by reading and understanding what you read? I don't have anything to do with this, one way or another, as I also don't care how a person writes what he is trying to say as long as I can understand it..but if you can barely write how can you expect to understand what is written back to you?
    As far as 2 or two...who really cares they both mean* the same. Now if you say got 2 go, then that isn't the same as got to go...that is lazy... but I want to buy 2 is the same as I want to buy two...thats why they make numbers because 1000 is way easier than one thousand.

I am not a moderator and really do not care...just an opinion

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  6. Rapturer

Rapturer Member

It was 2 instead of to. I just wrote two accidentally.

7. otis1

otis1 Member

kool

anywise can any one help me fix my xbox yet i just want to upgrade my xbox HDD i have win 7 and telnet wont connect to the xbox

the xbox is 1.6
    i have the computer ip set as 192.168.0.5
    and the xbox is 6 at the end it times out when i try on prot 23 it says

8. vulinn

vulinn Member

I modded my xbox with a solderless chip and the chip fried by I have a new hard drive in the console right now. I don't know where the original HDD is and every time I turn on the system, it gives me an 05 error. Is there anyway to soft mod it without getting a new chip?

9. slaeyer

slaeyer Regular member

You could try building an eeprom reader and get the eeprom code that way. Build the XboxHDM disc using the eeprom code you get from the reader, search google for instructions on building the reader, they're not very difficult to create.

10. Crazi69

Crazi69 Member

Ok I think I am thinking about this correctly. I followed the guide and now have the aftermarket hard drive working. It loads into the xbox dashboard but not the one that was on the old soft modded hard drive. With doing this I should not have to do the whole soft mod over again on this new drive would I? Because I no longer have mech assult or my action replay. I thought doing this method would move everything over to the new hard drive after locking it it should have loaded the softmod dashboard right? is there somthing that I am missing here? please reply ASAP thanks in advance.

11. footbal95

footbal95 Member

12. Rapturer

Rapturer Member

Try turning it on via the power button and the eject button.

Most likely you may have messed up during it and only installed the original dashboard to it. But there may be the chance that it installed them both and set them to the buttons back to front.

13. slaeyer

slaeyer Regular member

Most likely, you copied the shadowed C: partition instead of the REAL C: partition. It should be simple enough to rebuild the drive with the correct files or you could always try using XboxHDM to clone your original drive to the new one. . .

14. Taylorman1995

Taylorman1995 Member

Hi all,
    im sorry to bring this topic back up but after getting a 360 i decided to go crazy and mod by old xbox. i have read all the posts and i still havent got an answer for my problem. i have 2 xboxs, 1 was soft modded but after trying to uninstall the softmod it screwed up. when i turn on the 360 it imeadiatly comes up with updating screen but it just fails instantly! looking around i havent found a solution. i have a western digital hard drive to put in it but it comes up with error code 06 meaning its locked but i have a laptop and cant find a sutible way that doesnt involve a working xbox or a computor(not laptop)
    please help!!
    thanks!

15. Modboxer

Modboxer Member

I've run into a problem with this, upgrade too, so I thought I'm gonna share the solution.

So, when I hotswapped it, i did it the wrong way and didn't install the MS dash.

Then I thought it was no big deal. It wasn't, but I tried upgrading the HD, but if I

copied the files with flashfxp, it would say, "Files needed to install C drive are

missing" or something like that, (gotta tell you I wasted like 50 CD doing this), then I

went crazy, wiped the drive installed MS dash, installed the NDure's softmod like I

usually did, locked the drive, and vwalla!

Hope I helped!

16. footbal95

footbal95 Member

Wow it has been a very long time since I got an email about this thread. I first used this to mod my xbox and still use it to this day, mostly because it is the best network media player out there especially for the price. Anyways not meaning to drag this on, but I'm really glad to see this thread still going. If anyone needs help don't be afraid to post a question, I still remember quite a bit from my modding days. See yall later.

17. Modboxer

Modboxer Member

LOL quick reply

18. footbal95

footbal95 Member

Lol you too.

19. footbal95

footbal95 Member

Lol you too.

20. footbal95

footbal95 Member

Lol you too.