1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The complete HD (Blu-ray/HD-DVD) back-up thread.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by Ryu77, Mar 14, 2008.

1. RocKKer_A

RocKKer_A Member

j3anluc,

I used BR-Rebuilder on DVD-Fab "movie only" rip of Iron Man 2 worked perfectly for me.

I noticed a message near the bottom of your log:

- AVISYNTH Version: 2.6.0.1, not recommended version

Go to BD-Rebuilder and have a look around, BR-RB specifies AVISYNTH 2.57 be used.

2. j3anluc

j3anluc Member

Yeah, I saw that too & changed it back to 2.57, still no luck. I'll try running it thru DVDFab again

3. hdmusicvideo

hdmusicvideo Member

thanks you very much

4. noelfitz

noelfitz Member

Hi all, im new to this site, but I need help. I created an avchd disc from an mkv file recently. The movie was Psycho 1960. The file was 4gb. The audio was dts. I used tsmuxer to convert to avchd, then used imgburn (udf 2.5) to burn to dvd-r dl. It was a success.both picture and sound. Then I converted Vertigo 2gb, aac audio using the same process. I put the disc into my samsung blu-ray player and..this disc cannot be played.
    I then found out that i had to convert the audio to ac3, which i did using 4media blu-ray ripper. again using tsmuxer i used the original mkv file, removed the aac audio, replaced it with the ac3 audio converted it to avchd etc. I put the disc into my samsung and..the picture is perfect but no sound. When I press the audio on my remote its telling me there isnt any. When i play the disc on my pc, using media player, picture and sound are perfect. Can someone out there please help. Noel.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  5. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

hey guys I'm going to jump into backing up blu-ray movies in the near future and was wondering what ODDs everyone is having the best luck with and which blank media seems to be the most compatible and priced reasonable? I have both anydvd and dvdfab for the software so I'm set there

6. NarutoUzu

NarutoUzu Member

I'm trying to create an AVCHD disc to play on the PS3 but when I load the MKV the audio track doesn't show up. It's DTS and I don't know why it's not recognized by tsMuxer, can anyone help?

7. noelfitz

noelfitz Member

when you play the movie on your pc, can you hear the audio?

8. NarutoUzu

NarutoUzu Member

Yeah. I'm trying to demux the audio and video and then mux it to M2TS to create AVCHD right now. I'll let you know if it works.

9. noelfitz

noelfitz Member

i have downloaded Treasure of the Sierra Madre with DTS audio, I have picture and sound when I play it on my pc. I converted it with tsmuxer to avchd, then burned it to disc with imagburn. When I played it on my Samsung BD player...no audio. Yesterday I used the exact same process on another movie with DTS audio, and it playes fine..

10. NarutoUzu

NarutoUzu Member

You're not supposed to mention the name of the movie or how you got it by the way.

First, when you load the MKV to TsMuxer do the two tracks (video and audio) show up? If the DTS track doesn't show up you're going to need to extract both tracks and mux them together again to create AVCHD. I did this and it worked for me and it might work for you but only if both tracks didn't show up for you in TsMuxer. Good luck!

11. noelfitz

noelfitz Member

sorry, but when I said downloaded I meant I ripped it. I sorted it out. I used Multiavchd to re author the mkv,it changed the DTS audio to AC3 and it works fine. By the way both audio files showed on TsMuxer.

12. 13echo4

13echo4 Regular member

Hey zoso, really depends on how much work you want to put into it. You can backup to bd 5, bd9 bd25 and even bd 50. I still use memorix and tdk dvds for my bd5 and bd9s. I use sony for my bd 25s. I use dvdfab to rip the disc. I have had some success w/ dvdkeyfab and bluray ripper. I use megui to renencode the video and tsmuxer to create the bd disc and imgburn to burn the disc. Now you see why I said how much work you willing to put into it. Ii like this better cause I can create the disc I want. You can put the quilty where it means the most to you.

13. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

13echo4, thanks for the info. to keep the quality as good as possible i will be doing just the movie only, no extras no menus etc.I going to get a blu-ray ODD soon. I will probably start out just using dvdfab with BD-5 blanks keeping it as simply as possible starting out and go from there.

14. 13echo4

13echo4 Regular member

If your looking to to BD5 its mho that megui and tsmuxer is best quilty. Its really not that hard. Using dvdfab it puts the quilty where it thinks it should go. Not a lot of user paremters to input into dvdfab. By using megui you put in the bitrate. Plus its fun. Dvdfab to me is good to do movie only on bd25. But even use megui for bd 25 lol.

15. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

13echo4, what are you paying for blu-ray blank media?

16. 13echo4

13echo4 Regular member

$45-$50 bd25-r 25pk
    $50 bd25-rw 10pk

17. 13echo4

13echo4 Regular member

Huh, did I miss something?

18. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

Im downloading Avatar Extended Edition 1080p + Blu-Ray(45GB)(Not Done Downloadnig yet) and i was wonder if i can shrink it and burn it to a DVD(8GB) dual layer... My E-Machine model is W5243 and i dont know if it can burn a dual layer tho... How can I shrink a 45GB MoViE to a 8GB DVD(Dual-Layer)? All i want to know is that "Is there a software to burn it to a 8GB DVD" or it's impossible to be burned(To 8.5GB 240min DVD+R(DL) Memorex)?...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2010
  19. tanvisha

tanvisha Guest

good job... keep uploading useful information like this...

20. eyeguy

eyeguy Member

Any idea on the errors? Thanks

[Error] Log
    -[Information] Versions
    --[Information] MeGUI Version : 0.3.5.28
    --[Information] OS : Windows Vista Premium Edition x64 SP2 (6.0.131072.6002)
    --[Information] Latest .Net Framework installed : 4.0 (4.0.30319)
    --[Information] Avisynth Version : 2.5.8.5 (12/21/2008 9:46:54 PM)
    -[Error] Log for job1 (video, 720p.avs -> )
    --[Information] [12/2/2010 4:06:30 PM] Started handling job
    --[Information] [12/2/2010 4:06:30 PM] Preprocessing
    --[Information] Job commandline: "C:\Users\Tracyopt 2\Documents\Downloaded programs\MeGUI\tools\x264\x264.exe" --preset fast --pass 1 --bitrate 4416 --stats "D:\Applications\MeGUI\x264 Log" --keyint 24 --min-keyint 1 --b-adapt 2 --b-pyramid strict --ref 4 --weightp 0 --qpmin 8 --vbv-bufsize 20000 --vbv-maxrate 24000 --rc-lookahead 24 --me umh --direct auto --subme 8 --partitions all --trellis 2 --no-dct-decimate --no-fast-pskip --aud --nal-hrd vbr --mvrange 511 --sar 1:1 --output NUL "C:\Users\Tracyopt 2\Videos\besthd-720p.avs"
    --[Information] [12/2/2010 4:06:30 PM] Encoding started
    --[Error] An error occurred: x264 [error]: ratecontrol_init: can't open stats file
    --[Error] An error occurred: x264 [error]: x264_encoder_open failed
    --[Error] [12/2/2010 4:06:31 PM] Process exits with error code: -1
    --[Information] Standard output stream
    --[Information] Standard error stream
    ---[NoImage] avs [info]: 1280x720p 1:1 @ 2500000/104271 fps (cfr)
    ---[NoImage] x264 [info]: using SAR=1/1
    ---[NoImage] x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 Cache64
    --[Information] [12/2/2010 4:06:31 PM] Job completed