1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying dvd movie to harddrive for viewing

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ds1386, Dec 27, 2006.

1. ds1386

ds1386 Member

Can someone tell me how to save a dvd movie to my hard drive, so that I can go back later and watch it? I am wanting to save a couple of movies on my laptop, so that I may watch them while traveling. I am told that by saving to the hard drive, the battery will not run down as fast. I tried saving a movie, only to find that the computer could not find a program to run the fill. Is this just a matter of the format that I am saving the file in?
    Any help would be appreciated!!!

2. ireland

ireland Active member

get anydvd as it will let ye back up ye movie to ye hard drive..meaning ye can copy the movie to ye hard drive with this program running in the back-ground..
    free to try for 21 days

now read this...

AnyDVD works in the background to automatically remove the copy protection of a DVD movie as soon as it's inserted into the drive
    , allowing you then to backup the movie using a DVD backup tool such as CloneDVD and CloneDVD mobile. You can also remove the RPC region code, thereby making the movie region free and viewable on any DVD player and with any DVD player software.

AnyDVD is capable of removing unwanted movie features, including subtitles and prohibition messages such as copyright and FBI warnings. It also allows you to launch an external application whenever you insert or remove a disc, or prevent 'PC-friendly' software from automatically launching when you insert a video DVD.

Decryption is not all that AnyDVD offers. You can control the drive speed of your DVD drive, allowing you to reduce the noise level when watching movies on your PC. You can even adjust the display frequency of your monitor for both NTSC and PAL displays.

But AnyDVD doesn't just stop at DVDs. It also decrypts protected audio CDs to allow you to copy them.

go here

http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

Last edited: Dec 27, 2006
  3. ds1386

ds1386 Member

I am currently using both anydvd and clonedvd. I saved the file as an iso file to my harddrive, and could not playback.

4. ireland

ireland Active member

Last edited: Dec 27, 2006
  5. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

If you save as an ISO image file, you'll need to use software like Daemon Tools to mount the image as a virtual DVD. Any software player like Windows Media Player will see and play it as a normal DVD after mounting. Nero ImageDrive will also mount the image as a DVD if you have the Nero suite.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_daemon_tools/

If you rip the DVD as a folder of video files instead of an ISO, many software players will play the folder just fine. WinDVD, Nero Showtime, and PowerDVD will all play from the folder.

6. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

You use AnyDVD to save as an ISO???? If you have AnyDVD, just open AnyDVD, pop your DVD disc into your DVD drive, go to Windows File Explorer, and drag the VIDEO_TS folder over to your hard drive. When you play it using Nero Showtime, PowerDVD, etc., just select the VIDEO_TS folder.

7. DakotaFan

DakotaFan Regular member

VLC Media Player can play ISO files. You can get it here.

8. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Thanks DakotaFan. I'd forgotten about that one.

9. yungplaya

yungplaya Member

Ok how again do you save movies on the harddrive on xbox cause I didnt understand it to well I'm new to computers.