1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording from Betamax tapes with Nero Vision is interrupted?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Justin001, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Justin001

Justin001 Member

Okay, so I want to record some old home videos from Betamax tapes on to DVD. The first step for me is to get the video on my computer. I hooked the machine up to my video capture card, hooked the audio up, everything works great.

One huge problem though. The video segments on the tape aren't continuous -- that is, a few minutes might have been taped, then stopped (and thus a few seconds of fuzziness), then started up again. Nero Vision doesn't like this and throws the message "Recording stopped: No Signal Detected". This means that I have to sit down with Nero Vision and constantly restart the recording every time the source cuts out for even a second.

Needless to say, this is very annoying. Does anyone have a solution, or possibly other software I can use? Thank you.

- Justin

Last edited: Jan 1, 2007
  2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Hi.

Have you tried unchecking the Detect scenes while capturing checkbox. Click the More>> button in the Capture Video window to see the checkboxes. I don't know if it'll help but it's worth a try. Did you get any capture software with the video card. It might work better.