1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Luminance Flicker throughout Video

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Tom-Joad, Aug 2, 2003.

1. Tom-Joad

Tom-Joad Guest

Hello Everybody,

Here is my problem. I have HDTV, and whenever i capture video, there is a constant luminance type of flickering throughout the video, from all channels. I get this using different OSs and video capture utilities, and even played around with my HDTV to remove it, and havent been successful.

So i am now attempting to filter out the flicker. But havent been so sucessful using Donald Graft's FLicker filter or temporal smothers ect.

Here is an example of the liminance/flicker i am referring to.

This is the normal video picture
    [​IMG]

This is the frame that flickers
    [​IMG]

The flicker lasts for 1 frame, and happens every 2-3 seconds

Any help on filtering this out would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2003
  2. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

Did you capture this from an analog source? It looks like macrovision (copy-protection).

Rgds,
    jnihil.

3. Tom-Joad

Tom-Joad Guest

Its from a Digital Set Top Box. The Channel Guide states that the program is Digital. I suspected that it could be macrovision that is causing the flickering.

Any idea how to filter it out?

4. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I use a video image stabalizer. Used it in the VHS to VHS days, and tried it out for somebody else on this forum. (mine worked great DVD to DVD recorder; he couldn't get his to work.)

5. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

If you're capturing via analog line, then it's quite possibly macrovision. I have an inexpensive unit (AUS$70). A good thing to have anyway, for other forms of analog video noise as well.