1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMD is....

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by loaded, Jul 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

The Movie Depot. They have a forum, where you can chat about that kind of thing (if it floats your boat). They also have a number of websites for downloading (usually screener) movies, which are compressed and (compared to a DVD-VCD rip) of a quality that is OK for viewing on a PC, but not much good for encoding onto VideoCD or SVideoCD.

They have been finding the questions asked in this site quite funny, so please check this out before asking about TMD and embarassing afterdawn members.

http://www.gameznet.net/phpBB2/

(If you want to feel embarrassed go to the TMD Forum 2 thread after joining.)

You need to join up if you want to find out about this kind of thing. I have already tried to set the record straight with them as to what Afterdawn is about (hopefully I have not been mistaken) and pointed out that afterdawn does not endorse piracy.

Afterdawn is rare in that it permits (from myself included) a fair amount of dorkage in its forums, as we all have to learn somewhere, however, READ THE THREADS BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION. (I admit I have done it myself and it can be frustrating looking through threads in a language that is new to you, but it saves time in the long run and leaves the webmaster with time to sleep ¦-)

As far as pirated movie files are concerned, TMD are consistent and if you can wait to download stuff, then fine, however I prefer to copy (ahem, backup) my films directly from the DVD disc. In the old days of videos, you probably had a copy of Batman, or Ghostbusters as a screener (taped directly from movie theatre with camcorder) and they have many drawbacks, shaky, people eating popcorn/farting/having s*x in the backrow and this is generally what they provide.

Anyway, hope this sets the record straight about TMD. They are good guys, a little warped, but don't make them think we are clueless :)

P.

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Excellent post and I will start using the phrase

"Afterdawn is rare in that it permits (from myself included) a fair amount of dorkage in its forums"

in our ads in future, I almost died when I read that, hysterical :-D

Anyway, now this matter goes into history and hopefully we get actual moderators to our site within next couple of months as our own resources are not enough to control the flow of messages anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.