1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is TAO and DAO

Discussion in 'Audio' started by cynn, Jan 10, 2007.

1. cynn

cynn Regular member

Can someone pls tell me what is
    TAO Track At Once Open
    TAO Track At Once Closed
    DAO Disk At Once Closed

Which am I supoosed to choose when burning cd songs, instrumentals.
    Thanks so much

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

It depends on how you want the finished cd to work/sound.. TAO usually causes a click between tracks on an audio cd, especially noticeable if there is no 2 second gap between songs.
    TAO open is normally used for multisession cd's

Usually going with the burning apps default options is fine.

3. cynn

cynn Regular member

I checked the default an it says TAO Open and under Mode is Mode 1. So I should leave it at that? It also left the b/grd noise blank . And the normalise track using pre-emphasis blank. Should I be leaving these unchecked too? Thks

4. Platy767

Platy767 Regular member

I suggest you burn DAO. This keeps the laser on through the burn rather than turning it off as Track at Once will do.

I used normalise only once and had very bad distortion. Not distortion from overdriving an input or due to clipping - just poor quality, but not every track was affected in this way. So, maybe you could try and see what the results are like, but I would keep away from normalise. You could also try the other settings, but I wouldn't apply any other affects either.