1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi from dvd::rip on mac and windows

Discussion in 'Digital video discussion for Linux users' started by radiodee1, Jan 18, 2007.

1. radiodee1

radiodee1 Member

I've just ripped a movie I like with dvd::rip onto two CDs as an avi. When I try to play the cds on Windows Media Player the first one tries to play as music, but the second one plays well as an avi. Is there a way to rip avi files with dvd::rip that doesn't have this problem, and what are my chances of playback success on a mac on a program like quicktime?

NOTE: I got both cds to play with a seperate DIVX player that's on the PC, that came with the Divx download a while back, so it's not like I couldn't get the file to play at all, just not on WMplayer. This problem has happened to me before, always the first file playing as music and the second file playing fine.

2. sheary

sheary Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2007
  3. offreyb

offreyb Guest

I think you can use xilisoft dvd creator for mac to burn the movies on dvd. It can convert AVI to DVD, MPEG to DVD, DivX to DVD, burn DVD folder to DVD, ISO file to DVD for Mac OS to play on portable or home DVD player. The program is easy to use, and very fast.

4. Andyli

Andyli Member

sounds good! i have been looking for dvd burner. maybe i will try xili dvd creator for mac.but where can we find other dvd buner?