1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A very annoying problem...

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Ceberus, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Ceberus

Ceberus Guest

Ok, this started happening to my computer out of the blue. Whenever I start my computer, this comes up [​IMG]
    Now I have to close it everytime I start up my computer. If thats not bad enough, it comes up after every 20 mins or so! WTF? So I tracked the file to where it's located - [​IMG]
    and I deleted it. But it still comes up! This thing is bugging me like hell. Can anybody tell me where and how it got into my computer and how I can get rid of it?

2. afunguy24

afunguy24 Member

Hmm looks like a virus. Not good . Things you should do.

Download a anti virus program http://free.grisoft.com/softw/70free/setup/avg75free_432a904.exe

download hijack this http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=3155&file=10&evp=3304750663b552982a8baee6434cfc13

after you download theses two programs. run avg and download antivirus updates then reboot your pc in safe mode and run a full system with avg. Either heal all infected virus are move them to the virus vault.

Then run hijackthis.exe and post your log here and on the hijackthis websites (dunno waht it is so google it). Good luck you might have a long way to go.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  3. Ceberus

Ceberus Guest

Thanx, the problem is now gone!

4. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Just for future reference, the Documents and Settings folder is NOT the place for executable files. If they are found there, is more then likely spy/ad/malware or a virus/trojan.

5. Ceberus

Ceberus Guest

Will keep that in mind from now on, thanx!