1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Stacker" the arcade game.

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by sniper78, Jan 20, 2007.

1. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

If anyone has heard of this or played it. Have you ever the major prize? I got to the one below major prize thinking I won and got off my rithem after some lady said ive never seen ne one win that. Well I am going to put more money in it later. But if you do win the major price how does it decide which price u get? There is a psp, ipod nano, ipod shuffle, and a walmart $150 giftcard. I saw a vid of a guy who won a premium xbox 360 with other prices in there like psp and ipods did he choose?

2. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

If anyone has heard of this or played it
    Correction : has anyone ever heard of this game or played it.
    Have you ever the major prize?
    Correction : have you ever won the major prize.
    I won and got off my rithem after some lady said ive never seen ne one win that.
    Correction : I won and lost(off what,the game?)my rhythm(whats a rithem. you mean rhythm )after some lady said: "i've never seen any one win that".
    Well I am going to put more money in it later
    In what?the game.

But if you do win the major price how does it decide which price u get?
    Correction : If you win the major prize how does it decide which prize you get?

There is a psp, ipod nano, ipod shuffle, and a walmart $150 giftcard

Correction : If you win the major prize you can get: a psp, ipod nano, ipod shuffle, and a walmart $150 giftcard

I saw a vid of a guy who won a premium xbox 360 with other prices in there like psp and ipods did he choose?

Correction : I saw a video of a guy who one a premieum xbox 360 with other prizes like psp's and ipods.Did he choose which prize he wished to win?

I insist that you learn the difference between a prize and a price.

Definition : A prize is an award given to a person or a group of people to recognise and reward actions or achievements.
    From wikipedia.

Definition :a price is the amount of money needed to purchase something; "the price of gasoline"; "he got his new car on excellent terms"; "how much is the damage?"

please,oh please try to be clearer!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2007
  3. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

Ok I am going to play Stacker now at walmart. I have $18 in quarters, and it's a dollar per play. The prizes have been in the machine for weeks, and it's time for it to pay out.

4. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

thankyou, your second post was clearer.
    and just remember that those games are programmed for you to lose nearly every time so don't be to disappointed if you lose all your money.

5. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

Ya I think I tried about 8 times. I couldn't even get close to the top after continuing after minor prize. My girlfriend, and I think it's programmed to play differently for different days. On Friday I made it to the top everytime. Who knows though when it will cash out because if your the first to win the top prize, you can choose the most valuable prize the psp.

6. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

visibly,you'll never get that prize.

7. DjRaise

DjRaise Regular member

It can be won. I don't know what kind of dip-switches are built into the programming, but it is most definately a different game when you continue to the "major" portion.

I tossed a fivespot into the bill slot to see what the fuss was all about. I figured five tries would give me an adequate read on how the game is played. All times, I continued on to the major prize (the minors were $.99 fake earings and such), and twice, I made it to the very last line. On the last try, it clicked. There is a rotating pause in the lineup.

If your eyes are fast enough, you can see that there is one square that will stay lit just a hair longer, and the one before it might even be cut short. This one square moves every pass. I do not know what order it does this in, but I would like to get those 30 seconds on film and slow it down.

I believe that with enough tries, you can learn to count it out; but that is a lot of dolla bills, y'all. Remember the game "press your luck" from back in the day? That is how that show got tanked. Some dude figured out the whammy pattern.

Maybe I am speaking out of my bum, but I will at least give it another shot when I am at that grocery store again. This time, I will be armed with my Sony HD cam. ;)

8. DjRaise

DjRaise Regular member

HAHAHA! I am dumb. I tried again with a buck and slowed down the vid. The thing SKIPPED the winning square. After a little bit of searching in the usual places, I found the owners manual for the thing. It will only light the square after it has been played a preset number of times.

I will probably play one dollar every time I am there, until it lets me win. Seeing as how it is luck that it has sucked enough cash out of people to let you win, I figure a buck every now and then can't be too bad.

9. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Getting roped into a scam like that is sort of like pis*ing into the wind, don't you think?

Moves on, shaking my head.

10. DjRaise

DjRaise Regular member

That machine paid out recently. Dang.