1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero install error

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by culloa, Jan 22, 2007.

1. culloa

culloa Guest

I am running vista and when i try to install nero 7.x, When nero stops and ask for the serial number, when i enter the serial number it give me an error that the serial number is invalid...I install nero on a system that run xp and it works fine.....this is only happening with vista 64.

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

You don't say which version of Nero 7 you are running, but only the last couple of updates will run normally on Vista. If you don't have the newest, 7.7.5.1, you might try that. It ran fine on my 32 bit install, but I never tried the 64 bit.

There was also some situations with serial numbers not being read correctly. If you haven't done so, you might start product setup and add the serial number there to see if that would work. I believe version 7.5.9.0 had a problem with this.

Have you run Nero on this install before?

You might check the Vista news groups for an answer if you don't get one here.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  3. culloa

culloa Guest

I am running Nero 7.7.5.1 (premium) and vista 64, when nero ask me for the serial number and i enter it, it gives me the error message that the serial number is incorrect. it runs fine on my laptop using xp.

4. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

5. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member